How to Decorate the Clown Smash Cake
- Ice the cake using white buttercream.
- Using a large icing tip (ex. 1M), gently press the bottom of the tip into the icing where you want the nose. Using a regular-size tip, do the same for both of the eyes.
- Outline the eyes, nose, hat and diamonds, draw the mouth, and make circles for the hair using a #3 tip.
- Fill in the diamonds and the hat with a #16 star tip.
- Use a #104 tip to make the ruffled collar and bottom of the hat.
- Use a round #7 tip to pipe the dots along the bottom and in the middle of the diamonds.
- Use a round #12 tip to fill in the eyes and nose.