New Feature: Printer-Friendly Posts!

I am excited to announce an enhancement that I think everyone will find great use for. You are now able to print off any of my blog posts in a printer-friendly format. No more lugging  your laptop into the kitchen and getting flour and crumbs into all the little crevices. I, personally,  have no idea what that’s like ::wink, wink::

Now a quick tutorial on how to print (it’s really not hard, you just press a button, but tutorial sounds very cool, don’t ya think?):

When you click on an individual blog post you will see at the top of the post, right underneath the post header, a little printer icon with the link “Print this post”:

Once you click the link to print you will see a preview of the printer-friendly text you are about to print, which looks like this:

To print, just scroll down to the bottom of that page, and click the link to print:

I hope you all enjoy the new functionality! :) If there is anything you’d like to see on the blog that currently isn’t available please leave me a comment or shoot me an email and I’ll look into it!

9 Responses to “New Feature: Printer-Friendly Posts!”

1. aria on July 15, 2008 at 9:41 am

very cool! how about just a “print this recipe” where you can just print the recipe portion of the post? that’d be very helpful too.

2. Chelle on July 15, 2008 at 9:48 am

Hi aria – thanks for the suggestion! I did look into this, but since the recipe is typed within the body of the post and not as a separate entity, I couldn’t figure out a way to alienate just the recipe for printing purposes. On the bright side, you get to print out all of my commentary on the recipe and any tips I may have included in the paragraphs prior to the actual recipe! :)

3. Sarah on July 15, 2008 at 10:11 am

Chelle! What a great tool to put into your blog! You’ve just made my cooking life 10 times easier :-)

4. sharon on July 15, 2008 at 11:52 am

The new site looks great! I have so much gunk in the keyboard of my laptop from cooking. It’s gross! Thanks for adding the printing gadget!

5. bakingblonde on July 15, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Love the new site!!

6. Inna on July 15, 2008 at 5:18 pm

What a great idea! I love the new site by the way…very cute graphics (esp at the top).

7. Sophie on July 16, 2008 at 12:17 pm

We’d like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you’re interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)

8. Jennifer on July 16, 2008 at 6:23 pm

This is so cool. How did you set that up?

9. Chelle on July 16, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Hi Jennifer – I installed a plugin that I found for WordPress.org (the hosted version of WP). It involved some minimal coding.