Bestselling Cookbooks & Kitchen Products

Back in April you may remember that I featured some of the most popular kitchen items purchased by Brown Eyed Baker readers through Amazon. It was fun for me to see what types of things that readers here enjoy most, plus I got a lot of great feedback on the usefulness of the post, so I have decided to make it a quarterly feature here on the site. I will break the items down into the most popular cookbooks and then the most popular kitchen products.

There is definitely a seasonal spin on what has risen to the top over the last three months, as you’ll see the most popular cookbook and product are both ice cream friendly. In addition to that, I am over-the-moon excited to see how popular kitchen scales have become. If you have been reading Brown Eyed Baker for any length of time, you know how much I value my kitchen scale and how important I believe weighing your ingredients is.

Have fun browsing and Merry Christmas in July! It’s never too early to start a Christmas list, either for yourself or friends and family!

Bestselling Cookbooks

Bestselling Cookbooks

1. The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz ($12.91)

2. Baking Illustrated by America’s Test Kitchen ($23.10)

3. The Bread Baker’s Apprentice by Peter Reinhart ($22.15)

4. Julia’s Kitchen Wisdom by Julia Child ($9.46)

Bestselling Kitchen Equipment

Bestselling Kitchen Equipment

1. KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment ($58.95)

2. Beater Blade ($24.95)

3. Cake Pan, 9″ x 2″ Round ($11.50)

4. Escali Pana Scale ($64.95)

5. EatSmart Scale ($24.95)

6. Oxo Good Grips Scale ($29.99)

7. Super Peel Pizza Peel ($36.95)

8. Baby Onesie Cookie Cutter ($1.50)

13 Responses to “Bestselling Cookbooks & Kitchen Products”

1. steph santana on July 5, 2010 at 4:20 pm

The Perfect Scoop – Great book..
    and I lvoe my Kitchenaide Ice Cream Maker bowl

2. Erin @ CelticHeart Designs on July 5, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I need to get some new cooking books, now I have some ideas of what to get! Thanks girl!

3. kitchenguy on July 6, 2010 at 10:02 am

I agree that kitchen scales are invaluable. I have had some “interesting” results though when I’ve been guessing. It’s sometimes rather good fun! :)

4. deeba on July 6, 2010 at 11:04 am

Great post…with almost all the 4 books on my wishlist! I’ve recently got kitchen scales, and it makes me wonder why it took me this long!!

5. Sara on July 6, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Uh I have one of those scales! Baking illustrated is my top 1 on my wish list. I really like this post. I’m glad you are making it regular

6. Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes on July 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I’ve been wanting to read the Julia Child Kitchen Wisdom book! But it’s not much a cookbook, right? I want the original cookbook too! xxSAS

7. The Housewife on July 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I dream a little dream of having my own artisan stand mixer for christmas! :) Nice post.. I’ve been wanting the Bread Baker’s Apprentice forever.. I need to do some book shopping…

8. Tracy on July 6, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Great list! I have several of these things and love them. On my wish list this year is a rice cooker. :-)

9. Frank on July 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm

The KitchenAid ice cream attachment really is brillant! You can have an ice cream maker without taking up any more counter space. :)

10. Maria on July 6, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I love all of these items! Great picks!

11. shannon abdollmohammadi on July 7, 2010 at 12:07 am

I too always weigh my ingredients…would feel really strange to just scoop a cup of flour.

12. Cookin' Canuck on July 7, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Fun list of books and gadgets. I can’t wait to get David Lebovitz’s book.

13. foodlvr on August 25, 2010 at 11:37 am

I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker so I don’t need the KitchenAid ice cream bowl. What I could use is their sausage making attachment. I have Julia’s Kitchen Wisdom. I got it at the flea market for $2.00. It has little paragraphs that are invaluable in cooking and baking.