NEW! The Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Email Newsletter

It’s finally here! A weekly Brown Eyed Baker email newsletter. Many of you have requested one and the reader survey that I did back in May confirmed that a great many of you wanted to see a weekly newsletter in your inbox. Well, your wish has been granted and the first newsletter will go out next Tuesday, August 3rd.

So, what will the newsletter include? Here’s a little rundown:

• News and hot topics. Any news features, special announcements or Facebook hot topics from the previous week.
  • A weekly baking “theme”. I think this is going to be especially fun. Each week I will choose a baking “theme” – it might be an ingredient, a type of dessert, a technique, etc. If you want to participate, create something in the kitchen based on that theme. That’s it! I thought it would be a fun way to provide some inspiration for new recipes and techniques in the kitchen. I will be playing along and will post my theme recipe each Monday. If you have a blog and have blogged about the recipe you made, feel free to leave a comment on mine with a link to my blog post. Additionally, if you snap any pictures (bloggers and non-bloggers alike!), join the Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Themes Flickr group and upload your photos!
  • One new exclusive recipe per week. These recipes will be exclusive to the newsletter and not featured on the blog. All of the recipes will contain five or fewer ingredients and can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
  • Popular content from the website. Most popular recipes from the last week, last few months, the same time last year, a little bit of everything… they will all be highlighted so you don’t miss out on any goodies in case you haven’t made it to the site recently.
  • Baking tips. A new one each week!
  • Special holiday issues. If a holiday is around the corner, you will receive an extra newsletter full of recipe, decorating and entertaining ideas.
  • Other fun stuff. Cookbooks and kitchen gadgets I love, special promotions, etc.

I’m excited about the newsletter – it will be a way for me to bring you new and different content that isn’t on the website. I think you all are going to love it!

17 Responses to “NEW! The Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Email Newsletter”

1. Amy on July 28, 2010 at 6:46 am

Can’t wait – I know I will love this! Thanks for all your work to make this happen.

2. janice on July 28, 2010 at 9:12 am

Good Luck!!! I am sure it wil be hugely successful…Love reading your all your stories and LOVE the recipes!!! Keep them coming!!

3. Maria63303 on July 28, 2010 at 10:14 am

I’m very excited about this and can’t wait! Thanks

4. Anna on July 28, 2010 at 10:17 am

I´m super excited!

5. Elle on July 28, 2010 at 10:59 am

Michelle, this sounds very exciting and a wonderful addition to what you are already doing. I am looking forward to receiving the weekly newsletter as I am sure are many others.

6. Belinda @zomppa on July 28, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Very cool! Great idea!

7. Rina on July 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Darn you! I wasn’t interested in the newsletter (not a big email person) but the recipe thing hooked me in.

8. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on July 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Congrats on the newsletter, Michelle! Can’t wait to see more from the site. You have no where to go from here but up, up, up!

9. Melissa on July 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I can’t wait for the first newsletter! Thanks for putting so much time in it! Your readers really appreciate it! :)

10. Winelady Cooks on July 28, 2010 at 6:47 pm

This sounds terrific. I look forward to it.

Thanks so much for your efforts, it can be daunting at times.
    Joanne

11. Melissa on July 28, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I’m way excited. Thanks for giving me something new to look forward to. Oh, and btw, I used to live in Pittsburgh. Please tell me that you’ve eaten at Church Brew Works!!! It just might be one of my favorite restaurants ever. I now live near Harrisburg but always insist on going there anytime I visit!

• Michelle on July 31st, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Hi Melissa, Oh yes, have been to Church Brew Works, the food is definitely fabulous! In fact, my boyfriend and I were there last fall with another couple and we ended up ordering tons of different appetizers and sharing them; that was our whole meal. Plus beer, of course! Their potato pancakes are insanely good, my favorite!

12. Randy on July 28, 2010 at 11:16 pm

How do I subscribe?

13. foodlvr on August 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Great idea. I think I joined. If not, please put me on the list. I love getting your emails. The food always looks so good.

14. Randy on August 9, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I still don’t see how to subscribe. Please help.

• Michelle on August 9th, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Randy,

Towards the end of this post there is an area to put your name and email address – where it says “Sign Up for the Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Newsletter!” followed by an area to put your name and email address. There is also an input area in the sidebar.

• Randy on August 9th, 2010 at 8:11 pm

It was being blocked by my NoScript plug-in. Turned it off temporarily and there was the sign up box.