NEW! The Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Email Newsletter
It’s finally here! A weekly Brown Eyed Baker email newsletter. Many of you have requested one and the reader survey that I did back in May confirmed that a great many of you wanted to see a weekly newsletter in your inbox. Well, your wish has been granted and the first newsletter will go out next Tuesday, August 3rd.
So, what will the newsletter include? Here’s a little rundown:
- News and hot topics. Any news features, special announcements or Facebook hot topics from the previous week.
- A weekly baking “theme”. I think this is going to be especially fun. Each week I will choose a baking “theme” – it might be an ingredient, a type of dessert, a technique, etc. If you want to participate, create something in the kitchen based on that theme. That’s it! I thought it would be a fun way to provide some inspiration for new recipes and techniques in the kitchen. I will be playing along and will post my theme recipe each Monday. If you have a blog and have blogged about the recipe you made, feel free to leave a comment on mine with a link to my blog post. Additionally, if you snap any pictures (bloggers and non-bloggers alike!), join the Brown Eyed Baker Weekly Themes Flickr group and upload your photos!
- One new exclusive recipe per week. These recipes will be exclusive to the newsletter and not featured on the blog. All of the recipes will contain five or fewer ingredients and can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
- Popular content from the website. Most popular recipes from the last week, last few months, the same time last year, a little bit of everything… they will all be highlighted so you don’t miss out on any goodies in case you haven’t made it to the site recently.
- Baking tips. A new one each week!
- Special holiday issues. If a holiday is around the corner, you will receive an extra newsletter full of recipe, decorating and entertaining ideas.
- Other fun stuff. Cookbooks and kitchen gadgets I love, special promotions, etc.
I’m excited about the newsletter – it will be a way for me to bring you new and different content that isn’t on the website. I think you all are going to love it!