Happy Thanksgiving!

My first Thanksgiving. November 27, 1980.

Two things were determined that day:

#1: I would become a foodie.

#2: I would become a sports fan.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving,
full of warm memories and of course great food!

27 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

1. veena on November 25, 2010 at 2:32 am

Happy thanksgiving to you too!!! so adorable you look… and really did u eat all of it???

• Michelle on November 25th, 2010 at 8:06 am

Thank you veena! Haha I don’t think I did, I think my parents staged a “photo op” LOL.

2. Lauren at KeepItSweet on November 25, 2010 at 7:42 am

that is so cute!! happy thanksgiving:-)

3. Katrina on November 25, 2010 at 8:04 am

You too. Hope you stuff yourself with goodness :)

4. Becky on November 25, 2010 at 9:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle!1 I made your Perfect Pie Crust for my pumpkin pie and it’s gorgeous. I haven’t made my own crust in on over 20 years. Thanks for the recipe:)

• Michelle on November 29th, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Yay for awesome pie crust! You are most welcome :)

5. Paula on November 25, 2010 at 9:51 am

Love the photos! Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday :)

6. Anne on November 25, 2010 at 10:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family – and thank you for all the inspiring (and amusing) posts throughout the year. Love your blog!

7. Jennifer @ Jane Deere on November 25, 2010 at 10:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Michelle! I love the pic…too cute!

8. Brenda Dumont on November 25, 2010 at 11:54 am

Thank you so much for the pie crust recipe and the pumpkin pie recipe. I made both and they turned out AWESOME!!!! i was going to make the pecan pie but I’ll wait on that! Have a great day!!

• Michelle on November 29th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

You are very welcome! I adore that pie crust!

9. Dionne Baldwin on November 25, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you! And to your family!

10. michelle ramos on November 25, 2010 at 1:29 pm

LOl, adorable. My parents said they used to give me a brandy chicken wing to nibble on when we would go out for chinese food.Haha…my name is also michelle and i have brown eyes! I think we might have been twins separated at birth. Lol. Love your blogs!!!

11. the blissful baker on November 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm

so cute! have a happy thanksgiving!

12. lily ng on November 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm

happy thanksgiving

13. kimberly on November 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm

that is very cute. happy thanksgiving!

14. Genny on November 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm

What a cutie! Glad you became a foodie ‘cuz I LOVE your recipes! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

15. Veronica on November 25, 2010 at 9:14 pm

LOL—so cute! We are very close in age. On Thanksgiving of 1980, I was almost two months old.

16. Terri T. on November 25, 2010 at 10:24 pm

What a doll baby! And such a big leg for such a little girl!

17. Tina from PA on November 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you didn’t eat as much as I did! Your’e as cute today as you were 30years ago!Happy shopping Black Fri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Brian @ A Thought For Food on November 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm

AH HA! Those pictures are adorable! Happy Thanksgiving!

19. Paula on November 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm

The photo is really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but I know how important it is so Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m sure food will be great!! And I hope same about family and friends.
    In Spain we have five days at Christmas that are a little like Thanksgiving (at least, refering to the banquet and the family&friends party), is 24, 25 and 31 december, and 1st and 6th january, so we have to wait a few days yet!

This year, although we have our typical foods for this days, I’ll try to do one of the really amazing deserts that I find in american webs like this. Don’t know yet what I’ll try!!!

I didn’t say it, because some days ago, I didn’t even dare me to comment, but some months ago mum and I start making your oven fried onion rings, and we really love them!!!! Thanks for the recipe (after that day, we do your recipe, and one which mix yours and one of Pioneer woman).

I hope I have explain correctly, I don’t know if you can understand what I try to say, or if I express very bad!!

• Michelle on November 29th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Hi Paula, thanks so much for your comment! So happy to hear you’ve been enjoying the onion rings!

20. Emily (The Culinary Couple) on November 27, 2010 at 9:00 am

How perfect! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

21. Belinda @zomppa on November 27, 2010 at 11:39 am

That is the BEST photo ever! I LOVE it!!

22. Michelle on November 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Thank you all for the Happy Thanksgiving wishes! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!

23. Jason Phelps on November 29, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I have to find a similarly telling foodie photo of me when I was a kid. I know it exists!

Happy Turkey Day!