30 Gift Ideas: Cookbooks & Kitchen Goodies

It’s the first week of December and some people are into the full swing of holiday shopping. I am actually pretty proud of myself – I only have one gift left to buy. That never happens. Usually I’m just getting myself organized at this point and am stumbling out of the starting gate. Have you started your shopping yet? Well, if you’re shopping for yourself or a foodie friend or relative, I think you’ll love this roundup. I did something similar last year, and it’s basically a collection of Amazon bestselling cookbooks and kitchen products, as well as the cookbooks that their editors chose as the best of 2010. I love looking at these lists, as it’s always interesting to see what the trends are in terms of products as well as cookbooks. Plus, I get a lot of ideas to put on my own wish list :)

Stay tuned because next week I will be sharing some items on my own personal wish list and other goodies aside from cookbooks that I think other food and kitchen lovers would enjoy!

If you’d like, you can also check out the list of 2009 bestsellers I put together last year and do some comparisons.

And lastly, if you are thinking of making some homemade gifts this year, you might want to check out Homemade Food Gift Ideas.

Amazon Best Cookbooks of 2010: Bestsellers

6. Urban Pantry by Amy Pennington

7. Baked Explorations by Renato Poliafito

8. Heart of the Artichoke and Other Kitchen Journeys by David Tanis

9. In the Kitchen with A Good Appetite by Melissa Clark

10. Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine by René Redzepi

Additional Cookbook Ideas: Award Winners

I get a lot of my ideas for new cookbooks from the lists of IACP and James Beard award winners. They award winners in a variety of categories and it results in a wonderful variety of books to check out that I may have never heard of. You can browse the winners of both from this year below:

2010 IACP Cookbook Winners

2010 James Beard Cookbook Winners

Amazon Kitchen & Dining Bestsellers

1. Vinturi Deluxe 6-Piece Wine Aerator Set (Category: Bar Tools & Glasses)

2. Cuisinart 12-Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker (Category: Coffee, Tea & Espresso Appliances)

3. Microplane Grater/Zester (Category: Kitchen Utensils  & Gadgets)

4. Wilton 3-Tier Cooling Rack (Category: Cookware)

5. Victorinox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife (Category: Kitchen Knives & Cutlery Accessories)

6. Lodge Max Temp Handle Mitt (Category: Kitchen & Table Linens)

7. Oster Electric Wine-Bottle Opener (Category: Large Appliances)

8. Cuisinart SmartStick Immersion Hand Blender (Category: Small Appliances)

9. Adagio Teas Ingenuitea Teapot (Category: Tableware)

10. Oster Electric Wine Opener with Wine Chiller (Category: Wine Accessories)

Happy Shopping! :)

20 Responses to “30 Gift Ideas: Cookbooks & Kitchen Goodies”

1. The Klutzy Cook on December 6, 2010 at 1:58 am

I’m totally the opposite to you – no presents bought yet. Dreading the shopping crush. Love the list of goodies – particularly the cookbooks. A few for me to add to my wish list. Thanks.

2. Katrina on December 6, 2010 at 7:02 am

Wow there are soooo many cookbooks out there, and they all look fantastic! Thanks for the suggestions of cooking books and the like, shopping ideas are needed here!

3. Stephanie @ The Brunette Foodie on December 6, 2010 at 8:21 am

I saw the NYT cookbook at Costco on Saturday and almost bought it. I’m still thinking of going back to get it.

This is such a great list. I’m in the midst of adding a few cookbooks to my collection, so this is helpful.

PS: I LOVE What’s New, Cupcake? Huge fan. I’ve used it a few times already.

4. CaSaundra on December 6, 2010 at 8:33 am

Great round-up of gift ideas! I’ve had my eyes on a few, more specifically, the cupcake cookbook :-)

5. Cookin' Canuck on December 6, 2010 at 10:34 am

Lots of things to put on my wish list! I have to get moving on my shopping and this list will definitely help.

6. Maria on December 6, 2010 at 10:52 am

Great gift ideas! I need to do some shopping now!

7. Susan on December 6, 2010 at 11:13 am

Nice round up of goodies! More cookbooks to drool over. :)

8. Delishhh on December 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Great ideas! I did a post just like this today with kitchen and food ideas for him and her. I should have linked to yours :)

9. Becky on December 6, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Great List! My son that’s a Foodie wants a Calphalon saucepan to add to his collection, so we got it for him. I mostly have gift cards to buy yet, and stocking stuffers.

10. Tracy on December 6, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Love your list! I’ll definitely be referring to it for holiday shopping!

11. Amanda @ bakingwithoutabox on December 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Great list! I have a few of those books and gadgets and I love them. Now you’ve given me a few more for ideas. Thanks!

12. Alexandra on December 6, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Lol! At least half the books in the top selling list are diet/weight related.

13. Feast on the Cheap on December 6, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Just bought a wine aerator for my dad and bro – such a great gift idea! Should probably pick up a bottle of vino too….

14. Green Girl @ A little bit of everything on December 7, 2010 at 12:08 am

almost done with my shopping but your list made me add some more on my wish list hihihi
    thanks for sharing the tips with us.
    hope you’re having a great week

15. Lynn Brown on December 8, 2010 at 7:35 am

Can’t wait to see your personal recommendations next week!!! Love to know what others love, it helps spark new ideas!!! and saves time searching!

16. Tiffany on December 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Great list, I just added a few new goodies to my wish list, thanks!

17. Jen @ How To: Simplify on December 12, 2010 at 12:12 am

What a great roundup!

18. Rob on December 21, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I got this off of Amazon, have so far been completely amazed by everything I’ve done out of it….

The New Best Recipe: All-New Edition by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine

19. Latoya Bridges on December 22, 2010 at 3:37 am

Love your list! I’ll definitely be referring to it for holiday shopping!

20. Kooky Girl on January 9, 2011 at 5:08 pm

OMG! It’s just as well I’m not in the US as all of these cookbooks look absolutely fabulous. I’m totally into collecting cookbooks at the moment – from around the globe ! Anyway, happy cooking and reading. All the best, KG.