5 Fabulous Foodie Gifts for Christmas 2010

Have you made your list for Santa yet? Is it full of all kinds of shiny and sparkly new kitchen toys? Mine definitely has more than a few on it! Last week I shared with you the 30 Gift Ideas: Cookbooks & Kitchen Goodies, which was chock full of great gift ideas for the foodies in your life (and maybe for your list too!). And while those are all fabulous recommendations, I also wanted to share some ideas with you that aren’t on those bestseller lists but that are right up my alley. A couple that maybe haven’t made it mainstream yet, but that I absolutely love, and hope you will too! There is a 2009 version of this if you’d like to check that out too (I’d still recommend all of those ideas!)

All of the items below are currently on my own wish list; I don’t own any of them so I can’t provide detailed reviews, but I’m hoping I can do so soon! (C’mon Santa, I’ve been good this year!)

1. Libbey Spice Jars (Set of 12)

I really like to organize things. We’ll call it a quirk of mine. And spices are no exception. I would love this set so that I can store larger quantities of the spices I use most often. And slap a pretty label on them too :)

2. Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving

One of my goals for this coming year is to do a lot more shopping from local farmer’s markets, possibly utilizing a CSA, and a garden right here at home. As a result, learning how to can (and actually doing it!) is something I want to do. I’ve heard that this book is practically the canning bible, so I think I need it.

3. Emma Cupcake Stands from Olive & Cocoa

How insanely cute are these cupcake stands?! Ridiculously cute. Cupcakes have been all the rage this year, and now they have their very own little pedestals. I want.

4. iHome Kitchen for iPod and iPhone

Do you think the people at Apple saw pictures of my (now old) iPhone covered in flour and dried dough and decided this was a good idea? I’m pretty sure that may have happened. This is a great idea – you can pull up recipes on your phone (which I did/do constantly) and see it easily, control your music with a remote, and there are two huge timers. I use the timers on my phone constantly in the kitchen. Score for us kitchen folk!

5. Adopt an Olive Tree from Nudo

Now, this is by far one of the coolest things I’ve heard of in a long time. My sister first told me about this over the summer, as her friend did this as a gift for his parents. Nudo is an olive grove in Italy, and you can adopt one of their trees for a year and then receive the produce from that tree in two shipments (spring and fall). You can even read about each of their groves and decide which grove you want your tree to be from. I think this is a phenomenal gift idea and something to even treat yourself to!

What’s on your wish list this year??

34 Responses to “5 Fabulous Foodie Gifts for Christmas 2010”

1. Michelle on December 13, 2010 at 4:02 am

I am IN LOVE with the adopt-an-olive tree idea. Shot it to the top of my wishlist, infact! :)

2. notyet100 on December 13, 2010 at 5:00 am

wow the list looks so cool,..;-)

3. linda on December 13, 2010 at 5:44 am

i bookmarked adopt an olive tree for that special person…i think it is fabulous…
    going to bake your brown sugar & apple cheesecake recipe this week…yipee!

4. Jenn | the kitchen dish on December 13, 2010 at 7:10 am

Love the gift ideas! On my Christmas list….a dutch oven!

5. Katrina on December 13, 2010 at 7:18 am

I would love to receive the cupcake stand! Thanks for the advice :)

6. Lynn Brown on December 13, 2010 at 7:21 am

A candy thermometer, I am so behind in the candy dept. I finally gave up trying to live up to the old school mommas in my family that all do the water ball test, I just can’t do it!!

7. Scarletta @ Scarletta Bakes on December 13, 2010 at 9:17 am

Wow – all of these items look like they belong under my tree, in my stocking, and sitting on my kitchen counter!

I also really want a spice grinder, a food mill, and a really sharp microplane zester.

Thanks for the post!

8. Jenny Flake on December 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

Fun ideas!! Love it all!

9. Maria on December 13, 2010 at 10:56 am

Those cupcake stands are too cute! Great ideas!

10. Tiffany @ Conor & Bella on December 13, 2010 at 11:24 am

I want those cupcake stands!! Actually, on my wishlist this year is a muffin/cupcake pan. I don’t have one and I’m dying to make cute cupcakes.

11. Sues on December 13, 2010 at 11:56 am

I love those cupcake stands!! Perfect for taking pretty cupcake photos :) And now I totally want my own olive tree!

12. Jen @ How To: Simplify on December 13, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I really want to get into canning/preserving and I would love that book!

13. Susan on December 13, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Oooh – love that thing for the iPhone!

14. Casey on December 13, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I have the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, and it’s wonderful! It’s full of fabulous ideas for canning various things that come out of the garden. Though I don’t have space for a garden, I like to fantasize about the day when I’ll have a little house in the country with a good amount of land and the ability to make my own pickles, tomato sauce, and salsa. *sigh* I’ve used it to make peach, strawberry, red raspberry, and black raspberry jams, and they all turned out perfectly!

Those spice jars look so fun! I want them and a label maker! I’d label the heck out everything! :-)

15. Cheri on December 13, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Love the olive tree idea … I have passed that along to my friends!!! Going to order too!!! Thanks…

16. Tina from PA on December 13, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Great list!! I’m soooooooooo excited I finally got a Kitchenaid 600 Pro stand mixer!!!! Got a great deal at Kohl’s on Sat. With early bird ,coupons ,sale price and Kohl’s Kash ,final cost……….$178.00!!! Unreal!! Now I have some Kohl’s Kash to get me some new underwear!! LOL.

17. Tracy on December 13, 2010 at 3:32 pm

The Ball Home Preserving book is definitely my canning bible – a great resource!

I have a rice cooker on my wish list this year…I can’t seem to ever get perfectly cooked rice!

18. Felice on December 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Very cute ideas. I almost purchased the iHome Kitchen a few days ago. I really like the little cake stands.

19. sally on December 13, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Oh, I Need the iHome Kitchen! I also want a bread maker, a microplane zester, and silpat liners. (Can you believe there is still someone without those last two things?)

20. Heidi's Recipes on December 13, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Recently visited a spice store, so now I have amazing spices in zip-lock baggies. Here’s hoping Santa brings me some adorable spice jars. Merry Christmas!

21. Cookin' Canuck on December 13, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I am loving the olive tree idea. It would be a perfect gift for my mum.

22. CaSaundra on December 14, 2010 at 9:29 am

I actually bought that preserving book for my grandpa this past summer–he loved it! :-)

23. Delishhh on December 14, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I love the olive oil tree idea! I think i just might have to do that for myself :)

24. Emily (The Culinary Couple) on December 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm

That iHome Kitchen is brilliant! You’re not the only one with a flour-coated iPhone screen.

25. Joy on December 14, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I am loving those spice jars.

26. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on December 14, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Fabulous ideas! I absolutely adore those cupcakes stands. I’m intrigued by the iPhone dock for the kitchen, too. I just might have to order one of those!

27. Diana Hayes on December 14, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Love the ball book of canning…wouldn’t mint the olive tree adoption.

28. Amanda @ BakingWithoutABox on December 14, 2010 at 11:10 pm

All great ideas!! In fact that Ball book is on my wishlist right now since someone “borrowed” it.

29. Carol-Ann on December 15, 2010 at 2:29 am

I have the Libbey spice bottles…and am redoing my spices in different bottles…shall I ship you mine? I’m thinking I have at least 12…maybe more.

I’m SERIOUS….I can ship you mine…or they’ll go in the goodwill box.

Just email me back. I’m SERIOUS!

30. The Cilantropist on December 15, 2010 at 3:08 am

Wow! Apparently great minds think alike, I am actually planning to get my parents and olive tree from Nudo for Christmas, I think it is a fabulous idea!!! And those cupcake stands… I want too. :)

31. Thomas Andrew on December 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Wow… That adopt an Olive Tree sounds cool. I’m heading over to the website now.

32. TiffKey on December 16, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I totally want to adopt an olive tree!!!

33. Sharron Clemons on December 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm

34. Jessie on January 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I’d never heard of adopting an olive tree, but it’s such a wonderful idea. I think it’ll be perfect for my mom for her birthday! Thanks for this list!