Happy New Year!

Happy {belated} New Year!! I hope that everyone had a fabulous start to the new year and enjoyed a holiday season full of good food, laughter, family and friends.

My holiday season (especially New Year’s) was pretty much all hockey, all the time. I spent New Year’s Eve morning at the Penguins/Capitals Alumni Game, as part of the Winter Classic festivities. The rest of the day was spent enjoying all of the activities going on outside of Heinz Field. Including being 5 feet away from Mario Lemieux. Definitely a highlight. New Year’s Day was spent getting ready for the Winter Classic, then tailgating before the Winter Classic, and finally attending the Winter Classic. At night under the lights was awesome. Beyond bummed that we lost, but the experience and the atmosphere was amazing.

Now I’m back in the kitchen and ready to bring you some great recipes in 2011!

How did you ring in the New Year?

13 Responses to “Happy New Year!”

1. Cookin' Canuck on January 3, 2011 at 11:09 am

How lucky you were to be able to go to those games – what fun! I was rooting for your boys against the Capitals…they put up a valiant fight.

2. Delishhh on January 3, 2011 at 11:33 am

That souns like a blast. I used to ice scate and loved the ice rink but i could never imagine sitting there watching :) Too cold! For New Years we celebrated at home with friends. Lots of good food and games.

3. Nikki (Pennies on a Platter) on January 3, 2011 at 11:37 am

Happy new year, girl! :)

4. jen @ the baked life on January 3, 2011 at 11:47 am

I spend my new years eve watching my beloved Vancouver Canucks spank the stars 4-1, then again with the Avs last night. 24 – 8 baby!

ps. I cheered for the pens. I like them marginally better than the Capitals. Probably cause the captain is Canadian.

5. Rhondi on January 3, 2011 at 11:51 am

Happy New Year! I spent the night home cooking a nice meal with my hubby and 3 girls. My girls helped me make some special cupcakes. We stayed up late, watched the ball drop, then watched the Dallas special with fireworks. We talked about our year and toasted with Cherry 7-Up while our girls took turns singing us their favorite songs on their microphone. Fun times!

6. Alyssa on January 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Happy New Year! Go Caps :)

7. Leanne on January 3, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Happy New Year! We rang it in at home with friends. I am so jealous of all the Winter Classic festivities! It was terrible watching those Capitals win on TV. Very disappointed in the 3rd period. But, it’s still a great season with a lot of hockey left to play! And how about them Steelers yesterday! Go Division champs!

8. Lauren B. on January 3, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Looks like you had a blast at that game! Happy New Year!

9. Hezzi-D on January 3, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Happy New Year! My brother spent his new year the same way you did-at the alumni game then the Winter Classic! I spent mine with friends at a nice restaurant and ended it at home on the couch with my husband and a glass of champagne-PERFECT!

10. linda on January 3, 2011 at 8:41 pm

michelle…happy 2011…we were with friends & i brought everyone a treat tower filled with all your chocolate barks…all varieties & everyone was very happy!

11. Dinners & Dreams on January 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Happy New Year!

In Florida, the weather has been nice since the first day of the year. Hopefully that’s a good sign:)

Nisrine