The Weekend Dish: 1/29/2011

I have officially begun Super Bowl hoopla here on the site this week. Usually I love the game as an excuse to make all kinds of dips, appetizers and snack food (the next best thing to sweets!), but this year the game is especially sweet. My hometown Pittsburgh Steelers are back in it (3rd time in five years, or six seasons, however you want to look at it!), which is definitely cause for celebration. I have been brainstorming Black and Gold sweet ideas this week, but for the time being hope to help you with your own Super Bowl menu by showcasing some of my favorite dips and appetizers.

Now as always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy! :)

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Cookies for the Super Bowl – Whether you’re cheering for the Black and Gold (YES!) or the green and yellow, hopefully these cookies will provide some inspiration for your Super Bowl party this year!

Cream Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeños – Super easy and insanely delicious. A must for your Super Bowl party!

Three Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese – I love homemade mac n’ cheese, and this version is especially quick without sacrificing flavor or creaminess!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Cookies for the Super Bowl

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Banana Cream Cheese Muffins with Crumb Topping (How To: Simplify)
I love a good banana muffin, but throw in cream cheese filling and a crumb topping? Totally irresistible!

Homemade Apple Butter (Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy)
I have always wanted to make my own apple butter; now I am legitimately inspired!

Honey Yogurt Waffles (Two Peas and Their Pod)
Another awesome breakfast from Two Peas and Their Pod. These look like the perfect breakfast to enjoy while watching the snow fall!

Molasses and Ginger Granola Bars (goodLife {eats})
Not only do these bars sound fantastic, but also included is a basic formula to create your own customized granola bars.

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn with Cashews (My Kitchen Addiction)
I love the addition of peanut butter to the caramel and using cashews instead of peanuts. Great combination of flavors! And perfect for a Super Bowl menu!

Have a delicious weekend!

7 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 1/29/2011”

1. Katrina on January 29, 2011 at 7:19 am

I loooove your superbowl cookies! Amazing!

2. Lauren at KeepItSweet on January 29, 2011 at 7:24 am

Wish I still had a team in the superbowl! Either way, who doesn’t love superbowl food?!

3. Terri on January 29, 2011 at 8:27 am

Going to make your mac & cheese tomorrow – looks yummy.
    Knocking on Seven’s Door – GO STEELERS!

4. Rhondi on January 29, 2011 at 11:31 am

I already shared your Steelers cookies on FB with my family and friends. I’m going to make some cupcakes with different layered colors in both team colors for my Super Bowl party like these: http://bigmamashomekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentine-sweetheart-cupcakes.html
    I’ve been waiting for an excuse to make your Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream Frosting, so this will be the Steeler cupcakes with a gold filling made from the vanilla cupcake batter and dyed gold. Do you think this will work? Love your Super Bowl recipe lineup!

• Michelle on February 15th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hi Rhondi, I’m sorry I’m so late on this. I’ve never tried it but it looks like it would work! How did they turn out?

5. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on January 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Thanks so much for mentioning my popcorn recipe! Love all of the other recipes you mentioned, as well.

6. welbilt bread machine on January 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I got my eye on the mac and cheese recipe too. Looks great. I might give it a test run during the week. thanks