Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Foodies

There are undoubtedly folks on both ends of the spectrum for Valentine’s Day: those that can’t stand the purported Hallmark-holiday and want nothing to do with it, and then those who can’t get enough of red and pink and want to celebrate Valentine’s Day everyday. This post is for that latter group and for most people that fall in between. If you are shopping for a Valentine this year, this little guide should give you a head start on some ideas.

Romantic Movies

Heart Floating Tiers Cake Stand Set
Nordic Ware Mini Hearts Baking Pan

Bestselling Chocolate Cookbooks

The Art of the Chocolatier by Joe Brooks and Lucy Schaeffer
Chocolates and Confections by Peter P. Greweling
Making Artisan Chocolates by Andrew Garrison
Chocolates and Confections at Home with the Culinary Institute of America by Peter P. Greweling
The Ghiradelli Chocolate Cookbook

Wine Accessories

Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator
Electric Wine Bottle Opener
Wine Saver Vacuum Wine Pump with 2 Stoppers
Screwpull Table Corkscrew
Red Wine Goblets, Set of 6

Aside from the books, movies, kitchen gadgets, cookbooks and wine accessories that are listed above, a few other quick ideas off the top of my head:

♥  Gift certificate for a massage or any spa treatment
♥  Tickets – concert, sporting event, play/musical
♥  A tour of a winery
♥  Perfume/cologne
♥  Chocolate/candy/gourmet food
♥  Anything that relates to one of your significant other’s hobbies
♥  I’m still in love with the whole adopt an olive tree idea

♥  And of course you can never go wrong with homemade baked goods! Don’t forget to check out my Valentine’s Day Desserts roundup!

What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day gift ideas?
What are you getting your sweetie for Valentine’s Day?

20 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Foodies”

1. Justeen @ Blissful Baking on February 9, 2011 at 12:47 am

Oh these are some really great ideas! I wouldn’t mind receiving one of those chocolate cookbooks myself :)

2. Rhondi on February 9, 2011 at 2:13 am

The Notebook is my favorite! Anything sports related is surely the ticket with my hubby. I surprised mine with a trip to Boston one year for a Red Sox afternoon game…he still brags to his friends about it. You have some great ideas! Thanks so much!

3. Katrina on February 9, 2011 at 7:15 am

Aww I love these suggestions! Especially the movies. Love movies make me happy.

4. Blog is the New Black on February 9, 2011 at 7:38 am

I wish someone would read this and send me some of these things! ;)

5. Beth on February 9, 2011 at 9:00 am

Thank you for picking the right version of Pride & Prejudice! Keira Knightley can’t pull off Elizabeth like Jennifer Ehle does in my opinion. And can anyone possibly beat Colin Firth as Mr Darcy?!? :)

6. Happy When Not Hungry on February 9, 2011 at 9:02 am

Thanks for all these great ideas!! Even though my hubby doesn’t care for Valentine’s Day because he thinks it’s a Hallmark-invented holiday (boo), he still always gets me some beautiful flowers and gummies ( I don’t like chocolate).

7. Maria on February 9, 2011 at 10:29 am

Pretty Woman is my favorite movie. Maybe I will watch it today:) Great list of gifts!

8. Fuji Mama on February 9, 2011 at 11:24 am

What a great list! There are some really fun ideas on here! I especially love the book list. :)

9. Angela@RecipesFromMyMom on February 9, 2011 at 11:41 am

Hubby is dieting right now so I hate to hint that I want chocolate. I’m thinking a very nice bottle of olive oil would make me a happy cook. Our running joke about him picking out action movies for us to watch is that when I roll my eyes he just insists “It’s a love story!” Usually there’s some element of love in them :]

10. The Farmers Wife on February 9, 2011 at 11:51 am

Love it, great ideas for Valentine’s Day. My hubby already bought me You’ve Got Mail for Valentines. So you can add that one to the list of great romantic movies to get!

11. Adam on February 9, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Is it wrong that the best gift for me would be a jar of peanut butter and a spoon :) (maybe a new one)?

12. Cookin' Canuck on February 9, 2011 at 1:30 pm

What a fun list of ideas for Valentine’s! I am a big fan of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, so appreciated your book list.

13. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on February 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Wonderful gift ideas, Michelle! Anyone would be lucky to receive any of these things. However, a chocolate book given to me would just be dangerous. It would get me craving chocolate more than I already do, hah! Thanks for sharing. Happy (early) Valentine’s Day!

14. The Food Hound on February 9, 2011 at 2:46 pm

We eschew gift-giving and just make an incredibly decadent meal!! Win-win! But I love the list– I’d be happy to get any of those!

15. Tracy on February 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Love this list! I love Pride and Prejudice…one of my favorite movies!!

16. The Chocolate Priestess on February 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Those are interesting ideas but I want something I don’t have to make, I want to relax on Valentine’s Day.

17. Tiffany on February 9, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Thanks Michele for these great ideas, love your blog! One of my girlfriends just gave me a book that is about a married couple who are the crew on a yacht – the wife is a chef and she includes a bunch of amazing recipes in the book – her Tahitian Vanilla Cheesecake is amazing, I’m actually planning on making it for my husband on Valentine’s Day. Anyway, as someone who is married I thought this would make a great Valentine’s gift for foodies so thought I would share. Sorry for the long-winded response :-)
    P.S. The book is called Seasoned: A Chef’s Journey with her Captain (http://www.victoriaallman.com/seasoned)

18. Tiffany on February 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I’m going to slip this post under you know who’s pillow and maybe I’ll get some new cookie cutters! :D Hahaha!

19. Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner on February 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm

One of my favorite Valentine’s Gifts is homemade lipgloss. :)

20. Felice on February 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I know it got horrible ratings but I loved the movie Australia. The scenery was stunning, both the outback and Hugh Jackman.