The Weekend Dish: 2/19/2011

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! I’m sure you’re ready to see some non-red and non-pink food and desserts, right? ;-)  It seems that the last few months have been a non-stop snowball of food event after food event. Thanksgiving, then Christmas, New Year’s, the Super Bowl, and Valentine’s Day. Whew! Without any significant holidays right around the corner, take a deep breath, and tell me what you’re interested in seeing here on the site. I of course have tons of recipes that I want to try and things that I’m hungry for, but I’d love to know what you’d like to see as we move towards spring! And temperatures in the 50′s and 60′s this weekend is a great step toward spring!

Now as always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy! :)

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies – They look just like the classic candy with the cute sayings, but taste way better!

Boston Cream Pie – Lots of pastry cream and chocolate! Happy 91st birthday to my Grandma!

Anisette Biscotti – A family recipe for biscotti that gets its subtle anise flavor from anisette liquor.

Peanut Butter Cup Crispy Brownie Bars – Pretty much the most addicting thing you will ever eat, ever.

Chocolate Malted Whopper Cookies – These make me want to find a golden ticket to visit Willy Wonka.

Most Viewed Post This Week: Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Cinnamon Baked French Toast (Two Peas and Their Pod)
I still have never made a breakfast casserole, and I totally wish I had this for breakfast this morning!

Jam Filled Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting (Evil Shenanigans)
These sound like one of the most amazing concoctions I have ever come across. I want to make them immediately!

Japanese Steamed Pork Buns (La Fuji Mama)
I love pork dumplings and have a feeling that I would fall in love with these babies. I can’t wait to try them!

Reese’s-Stuffed Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies (RecipeGirl)
Oh hello, these have my name all.over.them.

White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Caramelized Banana Sandwich (She’s Becoming DoughMesstic)
Utterly amazing comfort food! And wow, do I have peanut butter on the brain this week!

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 2/19/2011”

1. Lauren at KeepItSweet on February 19, 2011 at 7:15 am

So many delicious sounding peanut butter desserts, love it!

2. Katrina on February 19, 2011 at 7:36 am

I loved your boston cream pie this week. GREAT idea!

3. Elizabeth on February 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

Don’t forget that St Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! Soda Bread, stews, green anything comes to mind!

4. tinascookings on February 19, 2011 at 10:53 am

When your name is Valentine, you are bound to hate Valentine’s day and pink stuff :P
    Those Chocolate malted whopper cookies of yours sound mighty fine ;)
    Have a great weekend! ♥

5. J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) on February 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I’m still thinking about that Boston cream pie!

6. marla {family fresh cooking} on February 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Love seeing the weekend dish round up!

7. Brandi on February 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Well, since you asked, I’d love to if you’d share your favorite pasta primavera recipe, if you have one. I have yet to perfect this dish, and I’m always looking for something better than what I usually do for it. Thanks! Btw, Boston Creme Pie is one of my favorite desserts. I plan to try your recipe very soon.

8. Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner on February 20, 2011 at 1:31 am

Thank you for re-linking to those wonderful recipes! :D

9. chrysta on February 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

Great roundup! Looks like alot of fabulous recipes here!

10. Kate From Scratch on February 22, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Next up: Green Food! St. Patty’s Day!

11. Emily @ Life On Food on February 22, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I made the cinnamon French toast this week for dinner. It was super good but I recommend something hearty to serve with it. The best part is that the next morning it reheated in the microwave better than right out of the oven. I am posting about it tomorrow morning.

12. RisaG on February 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I can’t wait to try the Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bars. I made Peanut Butter Cup Bars for Valentine’s Day and they were a hit…especially with me! I ate almost the whole bunch. 2 left.

I am totally over Valentine’s Day altho’ my roses are still alive and well. So pretty and smell so good.

Those pork buns do sound good. I may have to try them too.

13. Peggy on February 23, 2011 at 5:43 am

This definitely gives me tons of treat ideas!