The Weekend Dish: 4/9/2011

I am officially back from vacation. Back in a physical sense, anyway. My head is still in the cloudless 85-degree sunny skies, trying to ignore the fact that I have had the sniffles since about 12 hours after leaving Florida (what a cruel, cruel world). I’m also trying to completely forget the fact that it was snowing on Tuesday when I got home. I’m slowly trying to get back into the groove of the everyday routine, but you all know how hard that is after a vacation. It’s slow-going ;-) But I did whip up some new recipes this week and am excited to share them with you. And tonight I am headed to the ballpark for opening weekend and some fireworks (and hopefully a soft pretzel the size of my head – seriously, it’s AMAZING!).

For a total recap of my vacation, check out How I Spent My Spring Break Vacation.

Also, feel free to help me decide which camera strap to buy!

Now as always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy! :)

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – A morning burst of sunshine; love homemade muffins for breakfast treats!

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies – Peanut butter cookies loaded with milk chocolate chips and chopped Snickers bars. YUM!

Good Eats in South Florida, Part II – A recap of all the goodies I noshed on while on vacation last week.

Italian Pasta Salad – It’s almost picnic season, and I love the Italian spin on this pasta salad.

Salted Caramel Ice Cream – Utterly amazing. Speechless.

Most Viewed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Butter Biscuit Mocha Brownies (Bakingdom)
I love the layering of biscuit cookies and brownie batter, I’ve never seen it done! It reminds me of an icebox cake, but with brownies. Holy yum.

Chocolate and Vanilla Angel Food Cake with “Dipped Cone” Icing (Salad in a Jar)
Absolutely gorgeous cake, and I love the drizzled frosting.

Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Closet Cooking)
This sandwich is seriously genius and I can’t get to the kitchen fast enough to make it.

Potato Pie (Always With Butter)
Potatoes, cheese and puff pastry? Sounds perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Root Beer Float Cupcakes (How Sweet It Is)
I adore root beer floats so these absolutely, positively must be the next cupcake recipe I make!

Have a delicious weekend!

10 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 4/9/2011”

1. Katrina on April 9, 2011 at 3:00 am

Soft pretzels are the best! I tried your lemon poppyseed muffins and loved them!

2. Maris (In Good Taste) on April 9, 2011 at 4:17 am

Great recap of recipes for us! Glad you had a nice vacations and I hope you feel better soon

3. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on April 9, 2011 at 7:10 am

Wow, that angel food cake is gorgeous! Just wanted to let you know I made your Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies last weekend and they were a big hit!

4. Nancy K on April 9, 2011 at 10:15 am

I love your “The Dish” posts…great way to end my weekly food blog cruisings (Is that a word)??

5. April on April 9, 2011 at 10:52 am

I just made the rootbeer float cupcakes yesterday ~ they’re decent, but I was expecting more “rootbeer” flavor. Anxious to see what you think and if you make any changes! :)

6. Maris (In Good Taste) on April 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Thanks for the recipe recap! Glad you had such a nice vacation.

7. Darla @ Bakingdom on April 10, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I’m so honored to be included! I love the Weekend Dish! Confession: I have been aspiring to get on for several months!! I’m so excited!!

8. Barb on April 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Really, you only take gushing comments? I didn’t even say anything horrible. Guess I will stop following BEB!

• Michelle on April 10th, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Barb, Your comment on the pasta salad (the follow-up to which I responded to on that post) was never deleted and is still there, so I’m quite unsure about what you’re referring to.

9. Chef Evelyn on April 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Wow, I took a look a the brownie “ice box cake” and I think I died and went to dessert heaven. It just kept on going. First the biscuit cookies, then the filling, then more biscuits, then the sauce and then ice cream and more sauce. Whew….I got a little excited there. Thanks for sharing!