My Top 15 Favorite Indulgences

I was thinking that it would be fun to share with you some of the things that I love to eat when I want to indulge a bit.

Some not-so-great for you eats, drinks, junk food, and make-me-feel-better foods.
The stuff that makes me, well, me.
The skeletons in my foodie closet.

And in putting together the list below, I have found that my palate really hasn’t evolved much beyond the picture you see above. I was about 8 months old and apparently thought that gnawing on a turkey leg was about as good as it gets. As it turns out, I still savor the seemingly small, unrefined things when it comes to the types of food that make me happy and make me feel cozy.

For good measure (and so there is proof that I don’t currently go around gnawing on turkey legs for every meal), I share with you the most recent picture I have of me eating:

We were on vacation and I was noshing on a southwestern shrimp salad. In a deep-fried tortilla bowl, of course :)  (Pay no attention to the sunburned nose, cheeks and forehead.)

And now for my favorites, in no particular order:

1. Diet Coke from the fountain

Ahh yes, so important that it’s from the fountain – so much better than a can (my first alternative) or a bottle. All of the fuzzy, bubbly carbonation. I have definitely driven through a drive-thru just to order a Diet Coke. For shame.

2. Ice Cream

While I love making my own ice cream, I don’t really discriminate in this area. I’ll just as happily take a trip to the local custard stand, get a sundae at a local eatery, walk over to Marble Slab for rocky road in a chocolate-coated waffle bowl, or pick up my favorite store brand, which is currently Edy’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup – I fell in love with it while I was on vacation. I also fell in love eating it out of a waffle cone. LOVE waffle cones!

3. Dip made from Harry and David’s Onion and Pepper Relish

Last year over the 4th of July weekend my Chief Culinary Consultant and I went to a cookout. His friend trotted out this amazing dip, which the friend’s mom had made. I immediately asked for the recipe and he said it was just cream cheese and a relish from Harry and David. It is truly that easy – combine a jar of Harry and David’s Onion & Pepper Relish with 16 oounces of cream cheese and you have the most amazing dip ever. A little sweet, a little spicy and perfect with any type of chip, even those flat pretzel crisps are awesome. I stock up on jars of the stuff every time we hit the outlets!

4. Soft Pretzels

Speaking of outlet shopping, we have a little ritual when we go to the outlets – we always, always stop at the food court and hit up Auntie Anne’s. Our favorites are an original pretzel or a pretzel dog (hot dog wrapped in pretzel dough) – so good! It also goes without saying that I will also usually want a soft pretzel at any type of sporting event or festival I attend. I’m totally addicted to them. Speaking of, did you see the massive “Victory Knot” pretzel that we had at PNC Park this past weekend?

5. Pepperoni Bread

(I still can’t decide if it’s pepperoni bread or pepperoni rolls?) I loved when my grandma would churn out at least a dozen pepperoni rolls at a time. Nothing terribly fancy – Rhodes frozen bread dough, shredded mozzarella and sliced pepperoni. And yet somehow, I can’t get them to taste just like hers. I still try, and I’ll certainly eat anyone else’s mom’s or grandma’s that I’m offered because, let’s face it, pepperoni bread is just plain awesome. Also, is this a Pittsburgh thing?

6. Five Guys burgers and fries

This is my go-to when I’m craving greasy food that is just plain bad for you. I try not to do it more than once every couple of months, but gosh, sooooo good. I love the little bacon cheeseburger with sauteed mushrooms, mayonnaise, ketchup, onions, lettuce, pickles and tomato. And of course fries. That order usually lasts me 2-3 meals, there’s so much!

7. Blue Moon with an orange wedge

My favorite beer. So good. And definitely potent!

8. Cheesecake.

It’s no secret around here that I absolutely, positively adore cheesecake. I love any type of cheesecake, cheesecake cookies, homemade, The Cheesecake Factory, whatever and whenever. Cheesecake rules.

9. Lindt chocolate truffles

This infatuation started with my Chief Culinary Consultant. On our first date he brought me dark chocolate Lindt truffles after I made mention of how much I love dark chocolate (what a man!), and I was totally smitten (with him and the truffles :)). He has continued to shower me with these truffles for various occasions and I just totally adore them. Clean chocolate flavor, creamy and smooth. I love all of the different varieties! When we were at the Sony Ericsson Open while in Florida and I found out that Lindt was a sponsor, I bee-lined it to their tent for free truffles :)

10. Popcorn.

I love a big bowl of popcorn at the movie theater. It’s all part of the experience for me – popcorn and a nice big Diet Coke (see #1). I also love curling up under a blanket watching a movie at home with some semi-homemade movie theater popcorn (my CCC is an expert at making this). While buttered popcorn is my favorite, I also love different flavors like kettle corn, and homemade cracker jack was just plain awesome! There’s something so cozy about enjoying a big bowl of popcorn.

11. A big bowl of cereal.

Bonus if it’s for dinner. I loooooove cereal. Favorites include Raisin Bran, Special K Fruit & Yogurt, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honey Nut Cheerios and Crispix. I haven’t been buying as much though after really starting to pay closer attention to labels and finding that almost all of them contain high fructose corn syrup. Bummer :(

12. Peanut butter & jelly on toasted pita bread.

We all know that I’m infatuated with peanut butter, and this might seem a little weird, but hear me out. You take half a pita, split it open, toast the halves. They get super thin and crispy. Chunky PB and jelly on top – so totally delicious. It’s sort of my soul food. If I’m sick or just feeling blah, this is what I eat.

13. Pepperoni Pizza

I could eat pepperoni pizza almost every single day. I say almost because there was actually a week back in March where I found myself with pizza and leftovers for about 4 nights, and that weekend I declared myself “pizza-d out”. Certainly shocking and something I never thought was possible but, alas, it was. Aside from that, I pretty much will never, ever turn down pizza. Love.

14. Fish Fry food

I might only eat it once or twice during an entire Lent season, but deep-fried cod sandwiches on a big bun with pickles and tartar sauce? Sublime. And hello, pierogies! LOVE fried potato and cheese pierogies. Something else I only eat once or twice a year, but always puts a smile on my face. Plus it reminds me of being a kid when my mom and dad would volunteer with other parents at our church’s fish fry and us kids from the grade school would run around and play all night. Then everyone would go home stinking like fried fish ;-)

15. Lay’s Natural potato chips – Thick Cut with Sea Salt

I love these potato chips. They’re perfectly salted, the perfect thickness, not too greasy. And they are all the better when they accompany an awesome sandwich made on really great bread, or a charred hot dog fresh off the grill. Yum!

So there you have it – all of my foodie dirty secrets!

What about you? What are some of your favorite treats/snacks/indulgences?

92 Responses to “My Top 15 Favorite Indulgences”

1. Sarah - Recipe Love on April 13, 2011 at 12:15 am

Oh my goodness…we have VERY similar tastes! My list would probably contain 12 of those! :)

2. Katrina on April 13, 2011 at 12:52 am

We have so many of the same favorites! Sometimes I just have to listen to the cravings and give in :)

3. notyet100 on April 13, 2011 at 1:16 am

umm my favourite is pizza with lots of cheese,
    curried chicken drumstick
    seekh kabab
    ummm the list is endless,.

4. Lorrie on April 13, 2011 at 1:41 am

OMG, my favorite is diet coke out of the fountain too! A lot of your favorites are mine too, popcorn, pepperoni pizza, lindt chocolate truffles. I like original Lays chips, peanut butter and jelly on graham crackers and heffenwiezer with a lemon slice!

5. Lorrie on April 13, 2011 at 1:41 am

OMG, my favorite is diet coke out of the fountain too! A lot of your favorites are mine too, popcorn, pepperoni pizza, lindt chocolate truffles. I like original Lays chips, peanut butter and jelly on graham crackers and heffen with a lemon slice!

6. Silvia on April 13, 2011 at 5:38 am

Well, ice cream must be the number one, as a kid I could eat a one kilo cup and not feel sick afterwards, now I restrain myself, then pizza, bread, indian food and of course chocolate, all of it, every kind and flavour, as much as I can!

7. Ruth on April 13, 2011 at 6:01 am

I’m totlly with you on most of those – especially soft pretzels!!

8. Nikki on April 13, 2011 at 6:12 am

They are called pepperoni rolls if they are almost miniature loaves of bread stuffed pepperoni, cheese, and maybe a sauce. I love pepperoni rolls and I was always so shocked when friends from other states had never heard of them! Imagine my surprise when I found out that they have origins in WV. WV of all places!

They were made by wives of coal miners. The men could just take a tasty lunch, wrapped in a napkin, and dropped in the pocket. There’s even a wiki article about it.

9. linda on April 13, 2011 at 6:21 am

i am with you on cheesecake & i LOVE baking all your recipes for…they are just great!
    & then there are dark chocolate m & m’s…if you ever see a woman walking around target eating from such a bag… say hello!

10. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on April 13, 2011 at 6:56 am

OMG my husband often will say randomly that we are craving Diet Coke from the fountain! Glad I’m not alone on that one:-)

11. Penny Wolf on April 13, 2011 at 7:02 am

Love your list but I would have to pass on the diet Coke. (Diet pop of any kind)
    How about I replace that with pepperoni in scrambled eggs? That may be regional also because no one around here has ever had it. It’s a sausage after all so why not?

12. Nisrine M. on April 13, 2011 at 7:07 am

Yes, yes, yes for #4. I can’t resist thoose.

Cute pic of the baby holding a turkey leg. That’s my boy.

13. Kim B on April 13, 2011 at 8:00 am

If you love pepperoni (I do as well), put it in spaghetti as well….it’s delicious!

Also, have you tried dipping plain potato chips in baked beans? Here’s my favorite recipe (from the Weber BBQ cookbook)! You won’t be disappointed! They’re the perfect blend of spicy and sweet.

1 tbspn veg oil
    1 can kidney beans
    1 tbspn yellow mustard
    kosher salt/blk pepper

Put all in crock. Stir and bake at 350 covered 45 min

Love your blog!

14. Michelle on April 13, 2011 at 8:10 am

Diet Coke on tap is simply marvolous and the best cure after a late night out! And something especially about the DC at McDonald’s is particulary good and the only thing I have ordered from McDonald’s in years

My go to junk/ splurge foods – Cheese Pizza, peanut M&M’s, cheese sandwhiches with mustard and pickles

15. Gayle215 on April 13, 2011 at 8:38 am

Wow! So many similar favorites. I would have to add a few: crispy bacon, creamy grits, biscuits and TAB. Also cupcakes & donuts. The list goes on. Try crispy bacon and crunchy peanut butter on a toasted pita or english muffin! That’s my go to comfort sandwich! Please help me…I also love pizza bread rolls. I’m originally from Maryland and now live in the midwest so nobody’s heard of them. How do you make them yourself from Rhodes dough? I would die to have one right now. Please email me if you can. Thanks!!! Love the blog by the way!

16. Cricket on April 13, 2011 at 8:45 am

Do you think we might be twins seperated at birth…LOL We could be foodie friends for sure!!

17. Ann on April 13, 2011 at 9:09 am

So many of the same favorites. A favorite for dinner is making myself an egg and toast. I am also from the Pittsburgh area and I just laughed when you talked about the fish fry’s. We are helping out are church this lenten season and my kids love it hanging out with the other kids and you are defintely right about going home and smelling like fish.

18. Melissa on April 13, 2011 at 9:29 am

Team Fountain Diet Coke! I have a firm belief that McDonald’s fountain diet has magical healing powers–especially for hangovers . . . not that I would know anything about that!

One of my favorite indulgences is a big, gooey brownie sundae. I think I want one now!

19. Cate on April 13, 2011 at 9:30 am

Hahaha! Fountain Diet Coke is a “guilty” pleasure of mine! I don’t normally drink diet sodas (or anything with artificial sweeteners) so it’s definitely a treat to drink a Diet Coke – An even better one when it’s fountain soda!

20. jen @ the baked life on April 13, 2011 at 9:38 am

you were so cute!

Some of mine favourites;

popcorn, air popped and drenched with butter
    animal crackers
    celery ( i could OD on the stuff)
    hazelnut americanos
    dark chocolate

21. Patricia on April 13, 2011 at 9:58 am

Mmmmm….cold cereal….my favorite nighttime snack. And cheesecake? Anytime, of course! :-)

22. Lynnette Kelley on April 13, 2011 at 10:02 am

It’s funny how so many of your readers share the same tastes as you. Perhaps that’s why we all keep coming back to read your blog and try your recipes. I would say that I’m very similar, too, except on a few items. I’m not a fan of soda or alcohol, so neither of those would be on my list. I do love ice cream (especially anything with peanut butter and/or chocolate chunks in it), homemade cookies and doughnuts, Chex Mix (the regular stuff), soft pretzels (I always get the soft pretzel original stix from Auntie Anne’s), popcorn, and cereal. Cereal, cereal, cereal. I never tire of it, and there are so many kinds I love. Even fish fry food… I, too, only eat it once a year, but love it when I do. Darn it, now I’m hungry.

23. Nuts about Food on April 13, 2011 at 10:03 am

Well, I of course adore things like potato chips and ice cream and handburgers and crunchy bacon. But one thing I love and that I have seen people actually push to the side is the skin of a roast chicken!!! How is that possible??

24. Marie @ Chocolate & Wine on April 13, 2011 at 10:28 am

I love that you put up your favorite indulgences. I think I’ll take a stab at a post like this soon. Oh and let’s be honest… everyone has driven through the drive-thru for a fountain soda at one time or another and if I need a diet coke, you better believe I’ll pull into the next McDonald’s I see (and I HATE McDonalds..)

One thing I can’t resist: Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese. If there was a magical recipe to make mozzarelle cheese fat-free, calorie-free and still taste good, I would NEVER stop eating it. never.

xo – Marie
    Chocolate & Wine

25. Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition on April 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

I have never tried Five Guys but I have heard so much about it! I love a good cheeseburger and fries so I’ll definitely have to check it out! I love a great slice of cheesecake too, yum! Mouth watering now….

26. Liz on April 13, 2011 at 10:34 am

I’m hungry now! Mine definitely overlap yours a little. Here’s a few of my faves that I definitely indulge in TOO MUCH!

1. Diet coke from McDonalds! LOVE IT!
    2. Homemade popcorn made with olive oil and lots of salt and pepper
    3. Braum’s ice cream – an OK fave. Simple and inexpensive. No mix ins or fancy stuff just good ice cream. Best banana splits EVER!
    4. Cookies and brownies – brownies have to be made out of a boxed mix, cookies have to be homemade chocolate chip with nuts
    5. My homemade turkey chili with lots of cheese, sour cream, pickeled jalapenos and tortilla chips. I think I could eat this everday of my life and be happy.
    6. Hot dogs – Could be the cheapest wiener at the store but grill the daylights out of it (black and crispy is good) and smother it with cheddar and mustard. HEAVEN!

I could go ON and ON!

27. Erika on April 13, 2011 at 10:39 am

PB&J Hamburgers. It sounds like the weirdest thing ever, but it is absolutely sublime :) Try it!

28. Kristin on April 13, 2011 at 10:42 am

Oh boy! Where to start? I love taking different chips and just eating them with different spreads. Chocolate chips with any sort of peanut butter (flavored, plain, what have you…) Allow me to branch off here for a second. I am a HUGE peanut butter fan so I am always on the look out for different flavors. Sunland is my latest find; they make Caramel, Banana, Chocolate, and Raspberry PB and it’s really good! There’s also The Peanut Butter Company and The Vermont Peanut Butter Company, they all have my vote!

So to continue – I love putting some PB in a small bowl (which I will usually fill up at least 3 times) and dumping in chocolate chips and giving it a good stir. Sometimes I will also incorporate M&M’s and/or Reese’s Pieces with it too because, let’s face it, what wouldn’t be better with those additions?

Other spreads include Nutella mixed with white chocolate chips, very good combo. And my other addiction is Biscoff, which tastes exactly like graham crackers but the texture and consistancy of peanut butter. So good on it’s own or with chocolate.

I also love cinnamon chips! I could do some major damage with those. Mix them in with honey roasted nuts or just plain nuts, peanut butter, Biscoff, anything goes here.

This is just one category of my indulgences. My list can go on very long that I might as well have my own blog! Don’t want to bore anybody so I’ll stop here. Thanks for letting us share! Love your blog Michelle!

29. Amber on April 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

FIRST…I never leave comments but truly felt compelled to let you know I fully agree on the Diet Coke fountain issue…however, Diet Coke with Lime out of a can and nicely chilled is my go to drink when I can’t get to a fountain :) Second…I LOVE and INDULGE in Lindt Truffles ALL the time, especially the dark ones. Now for the best part of all…a new recipe for you to try that include those tasty little morsels in cupcake form. They are so good that my girlfriend just made and delivered 500 of these bad boys to solicit new patients for her husbands dental practice. This recipe came from The Stisters Cafe, however I’ve adapted it to my liking:

Lindt Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
    1 box french vanilla cake mix (orig. recipe calls for Devils Food)
    1 box instant vanilla pudding (small box)
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup oil
    1/2 water
    1 cup sour cream
    Milk Chocolate Lindt Truffles – approx. 24 (I use the special edition milk chocolate truffles with a white creamy filling in the Lime Green Bag that is out for Easter right now but the plain milk chocolate truffles work too)

Unwrap the truffles, place in bowl and set aside for later use. In a separate bowl combine all the ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 5 minutes, remove from oven and gently press a truffle into each cupcake and continue baking for an additional 13 minutes* (18 min. total). IMMEDIATELY have a warm cupcake or two (without the frosting and with a tall glass of milk). This will be the highlight of your day and a totally different experience from the finished product :) Cool remaining cupcakes completely then frost with cream cheese frosting. *I have baked mine for slightly longer so I guess it depends on the oven.

Cream Cheese frosting:
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 tsp vanilla
    3 cups powdered suagr

Cream butter and cream cheese together, add vanilla then slowly add powdered sugar.

ENJOY…they truly are AMAZING!

30. Theresa on April 13, 2011 at 11:18 am

I have so many it might take all day to list them all! I think it’s safe to say most of them involve chocolate. These days I’m obsessed with Dove peanut butter eggs. My new favorite Easter candy! I’m also currently obsessed with Cinnamon Cheerios (omg so good) and I’ve been known to indulge in a burger and fries from Wendy’s – probably more often than I should.

31. Heather on April 13, 2011 at 11:19 am

1) Plain ruffled potato chips with a cream cheesey-type of onion dip.
    2) Ben & Jerry’s “Chubby Hubby” straight out of the container.
    3) I drink beer all the time, so I can’t claim it’s a special indulgence. But I think White Russians (or my husband’s version using Jameson instead of vodka) are a delight!
    4) Doughnuts. Preferably glazed or sugar if just doughnuts, but as ridiculously over-the-top as possible if fancy pastries.
    5) Fried cheese curds.
    6) A giant gob of peanut butter right off the spoon.
    7) Summer sausage.

• Heather on April 13th, 2011 at 11:21 am

Oh yeah–and creamy, whole milk coffee confections, like Mochas.

32. Taryn on April 13, 2011 at 11:29 am

Fun post idea!! I LOVE french fries and anything with peanut butter… and crackers and cheese, and bagels with cream cheese and jam! AND chocolate in any way, shape or form (even via an IV), ALL THE TIME!

33. RisaG on April 13, 2011 at 11:30 am

I agree with several of your favorites – popcorn, Lindt truffles, PB & J, Fish Fry and Cheesecake BUT I have to add a few –

Mallomars, Pepperidge Farms Milano Cookies, and Ghiradelli Intense Dark Espresso Escape chocolate bars. OMG. I could eat them everyday. I hoard the Mallomars when they are at Costco. They sell them 3 boxes in one large box. I bring them downstairs to the basement, and I bring one box up every month. I hand them out 2 at a time to each of us (there are 3 in the family) and only every other day. If the box goes into the livingroom, all are gone 1-2-3. The Ghiradelli bars I buy when I see them on sale $1.99 a bar. Normal is $2.79. I buy a few at a time and keep them in the cabinet. 1-2 times a week we take out one bar, eat one square each, and we’re happy. Mmmm…

34. Megan on April 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

Love your site!! I check it daily and when I first found it did a lot of exploring :) Tried your seven layer bars and your coconut chocolate covered blondies (both delicious!!). I had to comment when I saw that you diet coke from the fountain. So much better than a can. I stopped just yesterday at the McDonalds now that $1 drinks are back to get my large diet coke before picking up my little guy from preschool. To make matters worse I sometimes get the diet coke and an ice cream cone. Talk about shame!!

35. Robyn {Planet Byn} on April 13, 2011 at 11:33 am

i have a friend who works in marketing for lindt canada. in their office, there is a temperature-controlled chocolate closet, filled with every type of lindt product you can think of. i get lots of freebies!

36. Liddy on April 13, 2011 at 11:39 am

I had the “Dip made from Harry and David’s Onion and Pepper Relish” for the first time last Saturday at a baby shower. Oh my goodness, was it good!!! The person who brought it simply put a block of cream cheese on the plate and poured the jar of relish over it, and served it with crackers. I couldn’t stop eating it!! I went straight to Earth Fare later that day and bought a couple jars of the relish!

37. pami on April 13, 2011 at 11:52 am

Pepperoni rolls are definitely bigger in WV than they are here in Pittsburgh. I love to make mine with hot pepper cheese!

38. Laura on April 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm

My family JUST had 5 Guys for dinner. YUM! I really love the spicy creole fries… I have to try very hard to restrain myself. I also get the smaller burger with sauteed mushrooms & onions, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, mustard, cheese, and bacon. It’s heaven!

39. Melanie on April 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I’m pretty sure those are all my favorite things too!

Ice cream? check.
    Fries? check.
    pizza? check.
    Peanut butter? check.

perfection.

40. Deanna on April 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I love Harry and David’s “Cream Cheese Kicker” Its the easiest appetizer ever. My mom just dumps half of the jar over a block of cream cheese. I also will go through a drive thru just to get a fountain diet coke or coke zero! I hate Lindt truffels tho… something must be wrong with me ;)

41. YogiJen on April 13, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Totally lovin’ the bib!!!

42. NanaBread on April 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I have so many favorites:
    1. homemade garlic/lemon hummus on toasted pita bread
    2. Spicy Thai potato chips; check them out at http://www.kettlebrand.com/our_products/#/our_products/?pid=11
    3. those giant sour dill pickles you see in gallon jars at delis
    4. Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia; bonus if it’s the chocolate-dipped ice cream bar
    5. peanut butter & honey on a soft oat-wheat bread
    5. Pizza Hut’s meat lover’s pizza – thin crust only
    6. my recipe for Mexican martinis (they’re actually margaritas)
    7. Mexican & Chinese food – could rotate them every other day
    8. dark chocolate dipped anything – pretzels, apricots, macaroons

• Kristin on April 13th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Hi,

I actually had a Mexican Martini when I was in Austin, TX and loved it! I also love margaritas, any way you could share your recipe with me?

Thanks,
      Kristin

43. Brooke on April 13, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Wow….Diet Coke from the fountain (or as my roomie and I affectionately call it DC on tap…or draft…depending on the day). But that is by far my fave indulgence! The others are in no particular order:
    1. cereal—completely agree…give me a big bowl and a couple boxes and i’m great
    2. m and ms…addicting…try them topped on cool whip…so yummy eaten like ice cream..i tell myself its a bit healthier
    3. big, puffy cheetos served with pb and j sammie and a glass of milk
    4. oreo blast from sonic

great post! we have alot of the same food indulgences…love your site!

44. Tina from Pa on April 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm

What a great post!I love most of the things you do ,but I’m a Mt Dew freak! Love 5 Guys, good Pittsburgh area pizza ( here in N.E. Pa they have no idea what good pizza is ! ) Not many fish frys up here either. I really think I need to move back to the Burgh area!

45. Jennifer on April 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm

FOOD!! It’s all yummy..(well with a few exceptions)
    I looooooooooooooooove CEREAL! Have you ever seen the Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy? There is a part of that movie where he’s eating cereal with milk running down his face while watching cartoons. That part of the movie is the epitome of me eating cereal! It’s perfect and yummy and it makes you extremely happy…whenever and wherever! And what is with the High Fructose Corn Syrup in all of it? That totally stinks!!

I really have loved trying to mix different ones together…I like to mix a sweet with a “healthy” version. Like Bran and CoCo Krispies…Yes Ma’am!!

**Sorry for the long post :0)**

46. Rob G on April 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

All of those are spot on for me, except the Five Guys. But that’s only because I’ve never eaten at one:) Not sure if they are anywhere around in North Carolina but I’ll be hunting for them now…
    Meanwhile, I’m going to go get a bowl of chocolate ice cream!

47. Liz N on April 13, 2011 at 2:05 pm

One of my best friends grew up in Pennsylvania so pepperoni bread is always on her list during the holidays. I miss hers so much that she sends me a loaf around Thanksgiving. Bless her heart. My favorites are (in no order): (1) Spam musubi…yes, it’s a Hawaiian thing, (2) ice cream (3) New York style cheesecake, (4) Coconut Cake from Smith & Wollensky’s, (5) halo-halo (a Filipino ice cream/dessert…Google it) (6) Bacon fried rice, 2 eggs over medium, 2 slices of Portugese sausage from Gardena Bowl (Gardena, CA).

48. Ky Foley on April 13, 2011 at 2:17 pm

We have a lot in common! Great post, I smiled while I read this =]

49. Aleida on April 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Okay seriously <3

Soft pretzels – These are the only kind I eat. I hate the bagged ones and Auntie Annie's is easily the best place to get them! I always get the cinnamon ones and always wind up regretting not having a bib.
    Cheesecake – YES! That one word says it all. Cheesecake is the king of desserts. I rarely have dessert but if there's cheesecake around, I'm in 100%.
    Lindt truffles – Not a huge fan of candy or sweets either but Lindt truffles are in an entirely different category in my mind. So delicious! I don't blame you for grabbing free ones when you get the chance.
    Cereal – I love cereal. It's my go-to food when I want a snack or don't feel like haing an actual meal. Especially if it happens to be Fruity Pebbles.
    Pizza – Pepperoni, sausage, meat lovers, Hawaiian…All incredibly delicious and hopefully with extra cheese as well!

I noticed that you also had Five Guys on the list. I've heard good things about them but have yet to stop by myself. I just tend not to go for burgers when I go out to eat. I'm usually looking for something that I can't get so easily.

50. d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo on April 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’m with you on so many of these. I’m not a huge soda drinker, but if I do it’s ONLY diet coke and ONLY fountain soda!

Ice cream just reminds me of home – Dad always used to scope out great homemade ice cream shops and take us on weekends. It isn’t the same down in DC as in New England!

51. The Food Hound on April 13, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I can’t concentrate on any of the important things I wanted to do today (like work, haha) because I’m still coming up with favorite indulgences, hah!! I am totally in agreement about pizza– whenever we go home to the Mother Ship in PA, I make sure we get pizza from Caruso’s, a family-run Italian place that serves REAL NY-style pizza. Most of my others have a theme… many sweet, many savory, but ALWAYS involving carbohydrate, hah!! Auntie Anne’s pretzels, an entire baguette slathered in butter, the dessert burrito at Mad Mex at Penn State, which was a sweet crepe stuffed with a brownie, ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. Didn’t sit so well after fajitas and 4 margaritas, but who cared? You only live once!!

52. Adam on April 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

There are probably too many to mention… (I’ll eat just about anything :)) But off the top of my head
    1. (With a bullet) 1 jar of Kraft 100% Peanut Peanut Butter, 1 jar of Kraft regular smooth peanut butter, and 1 spoon (I like to alternate back and forth, when one gets to sticky or salty I switch back to the other).
    2. M&M’s Peanut (my kryptonite) or Pretzel
    3. Definitely cereal, I love cereal too, it’s one of my comfort foods. Shreddies has been my favourite since I was a kid.
    4. Pizza with Tomato and Anchovies
    5. Any type of trailmix (bonus points if it has dried banana).
    6. Friulano Cheese, and lots of it (my favourite by a landslide)
    There are plenty more, but who’s going to keep reading this? :) (if you haven’t stopped already :)).

53. Grace on April 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm

OMG, I agree with so many of your indulgences!

I like the milk chocolate lindt lindor truffles best. I call them orgasms, actually.

Next time you are at 5 Guys, forgo the burger and try their bacon cheese dog. It is sinful, fabulous and to die for (or from, oh, the calories!) Love the Auntie Annie’s pretzel dogs, too. I rarely go to the mall, but when I do, a stop there is a must.

54. Audrey Ellen on April 13, 2011 at 4:58 pm

It is so true that indulgences are more than necessary from time to time. I use weekly trips driving to see my boyfriend as an excuse to get a giant pretzel from Auntie Anne’s at the travel plaza’s on the Mass Pike.
    I love your list, and it got me thinking. Another indulgence has to be self-serve froyo places. I can go crazy there!

55. Tricia on April 13, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I’m sitting here eating an Oreo Cheesecake Cookie that I just made today from your recipe. Heaven!

We sure do have a lot in common based on love of Oreo and Cheesecake. Don’t even get me started on soft pretzels or pepperoni( in anything)!! One of the few things I would have to add to that list is Twizzlers. I have an absurd obsession for them.

56. Happy When Not Hungry on April 13, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I’m with you on the movie theater popcorn! It’s so delicious and definitely unhealthy, but it always makes the movies better!

57. Holly on April 13, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Soda from the fountain is the best, hands down!
    Auntie Annie’s are a tradition of my mom’s and I whenever we go shopping. Love their pretzels and pretzel dogs. We usually get both and share : )
    I have been to the Lindy factory in Germany and would highly recommend going. Awesome tour and their gift shop is to die for.
    My mom’s homemade popcorn on the stove is a favorite of mine and brings back so many memories.
    My husband’s family is Polish and every Christmas we have a huge Polish dinner that includes homemade perogies. I’m still learning to love them.
    My favorite hands down fav comfort foods would be my Oma’s rouladin (it’s a German dish), homemade pizza on Friday nights, and stuffed peppers.

58. moowiesqrd on April 13, 2011 at 6:42 pm

The Harry and David Pepper Relish? I had to give it up because it would result in me eating a bag of chips and a block of cream cheese in one sitting… so incredibly addictive. I started buying tubs of whipped cream cheese and stirring the relish right into the tub. Add tortilla chips and episodes of NCIS and that’s an evening. Wait, that made me sound really sad…

59. Maris (In Good Taste) on April 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

What a great post! I am so totally with you on many of these!

60. Katy on April 13, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Regarding #1 – if you haven’t, you need to try Diet Coke from a bar gun. For some reason, it’s even better than fountain Diet Coke, bubblier and more refreshing.
    And my list is very similar to yours – love popcorn, Lindt truffles, fountain Diet Coke, Auntie Anne’s pretzels… :-)

61. Olivia on April 13, 2011 at 8:39 pm

1- LOVE Chocolate Cheerios- they are my go-to bedtime snack.
    2-Fresh popped popcorn with butter and greek seasoning
    3-The kid in me still loves boxed mac and cheese with ketchup
    4-Fountain Diet Mountain
    5-I could go on and on…..but margaritas always make me happy!!!

62. Becky on April 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Well. I love Garrett’s Caramel Corn in Chicago. It is so good, it melts in your mouth. One time my husband and I had to wait 35 min for a bag, and the line was out the door. Needless to say, he was not happy, until he got the caramel corn. I also like Smucker’s chunky peanut butter, ice cream, Hershey’s Syrup brownies, Portillos. This is like a Chicago list), apple fritters, and I better quit now!

63. Susan on April 13, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I’d share all my shameful foodie crushes, but I think I’d need an intervention after getting through the list … garlic dip and Ruffles, buttered pasta with green herbs and olive oil, Cinnabon cinnamon rolls and hot coffee, pepper crusted beef tenderloin medium rare, chicken Caesar salads topped with Calamati olives, movie popcorn with butter drizzled ALL over it and extra napkins … those are the top few. This could go on …

64. Keeley on April 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Mmm… lots of good stuff on your list!

I live in the Philadelphia area and we have pepperoni bread. I recently learned how to make my own (I use pizza dough and sandwich sliced pepperoni). That’s good eats!

I also love soft pretzels, but over here we eat them from the Philadelphia Pretzel Factory. It’s a huge chain that’s pretty much gone viral over here. We can get them in NJ, DE, PA and maybe even MD. I love a Philly street-style plain old salty pretzel with the crusty exterior and the chewy interior. Bonus points if it’s warm.

Believe it or not, I’ve never been to Pittsburgh!

• Michelle on April 13th, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Hi Keeley, There’s actually a Philadelphia Pretzel Factory in one of the suburbs here – it’s not really near where I live, but we’ve gotten pretzels there a handful of times and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

65. marley on April 13, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I just found your website and can I just say so much of you reminds me of myself! Brown eyes, an infatuation for Lindt, baking, and peanut butter on toasted pita bread! I love your recipes- keep them coming!

66. Joy on April 13, 2011 at 10:15 pm

1. My mom’s hamburgers are at the top of my list. Must be prepped & cooked by my mom, served on a toasted bun with mayo & ketchup, with a side of my mom’s sweet pickles & a Coke. If it’s a Coke in a glass bottle & I’m sitting across the table from my big brother, even better!
    2. really thick chocolate milkshakes
    3. Barq’s Root Beer
    4. pepperoni rolls
    5. fried catfish

These are in no particular order!

67. Glory/ Glorious Treats on April 13, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Fun post! I love Diet Coke too… but my first choice is in a bottle! =) Thanks for sharing some of your favs with us! =)

68. Angela@RecipesFromMyMom on April 14, 2011 at 8:36 am

Fabulous list of your guilty pleasures. I love many of the same. One of my deep, dark secret food loves is the occasional purchase of Velveeta. Just need a really gooey grilled cheese every once in awhile.

69. Lisa @ The Cooking Bride on April 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

FUNYUNS! I try to reserve them as a special treat because I usually eat a whole bag in one sitting and they make your breathe smell horrible. But ohhh, but I LOVE them!!!

70. CelebrEATySarah on April 14, 2011 at 10:16 pm

wow..love your 15 faves…we have same top 1 and top 2…but my ice cream choice is blue bunny’s pistachio almond ice cream. and have you tried Edy’s mango ice cream?

71. Cheryl on April 15, 2011 at 1:37 am

1.Chips with reduced cream and onion dip
    2.Orange chocolate chip ice cream -must be in a cone!
    3.Garlic bread
    4.Spicy pumpkin hummus and Ritz crackers
    5.Tim Tam truffles

72. Liz on April 15, 2011 at 8:40 am

Love this post idea! Cookie dough is my favorite indulgence :)

73. Barbara | VinoLuciStyle on April 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Fun to read and make us think of our own. My favorite soda is not going to be diet or fountain…I love those little bottles of Coca-Cola; I never buy them but I love them. My sister sends me a six pack for Christmas each year.

And I love popcorn with a butter/sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mix on top. Enough that it’s been dinner two times this past hectic week.

Annies? Me too and my weekly indulgence? Bank trip means I’m right next to Del Taco. Two Del Taco Crispy Fish Tacos with hot sauce. I can not resist; hence why I only make a bank run once a week!

74. Kara on April 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

We also love Pepperoni Bread in Michigan. I have fond memories of my dad getting it often on the weekends growing up – yum!! :) And peanut butter and jelly on toasted pita bread is one of my favs as well.

75. sara on April 17, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Wow – my list would be eerily similar too – especially starting with #1. There’s just something about diet coke from the fountain. I have dreams of living in a house/working in an office with a diet coke fountain… and hooray for five guys that has great burgers, fries AND fountain diet coke. :)

• Michelle on April 17th, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Oh gosh, when I was an intern the company I worked at had a huge cafeteria with FREE fountain drinks, ALL DAY. It was heaven.

76. Tiffany on April 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Hahahahaha! I love it! How did you pick just 15! :D

77. April on April 18, 2011 at 8:21 pm

How do I even pick all my favorites? This is a ridiculous list because I could go on and on…give me anything sweet or salty or sour and I’m going to love it.

Coffee and diet coke
    Gummy bears
    Summer sausage, cheese and crackers
    Anything with queso
    Oatmeal chocolate chip or butterscotch cookies
    Pizza
    Grilled burger, grilled cheese, or egg sandwich
    Popcorn with M&M’s
    Fudgy brownies
    Anything with cream cheese frosting
    Soft pretzels and garlic cheese bread
    Mexican, you name it, I love it
    Cheesy potatoes

With all this love for pepperoni bread, I have got to make some!

78. wendyb964 on April 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Wow, yum. Agree with most of the items though it’s always fun to see others’ replies. Now I’m terribly hungry….. Saw an aussie food blog to describe your life in 10 dishes of food: not all your current/youth favs but a true representation. It was great! As a newbie to finding what a blog was, lol, after watching Julie and Julia, I have great fun and many ideas. Guess a new nickname could be NUTELLA NUT #2. :)

79. Tonya on April 19, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I just found your blog today and have enjoyed going through it. What I want to say though is how HOPEFUL this particular post has made me. I have a 20 YO daughter who literally only eats about 3 things. Her number 1 is Pepperoni Pizza. She doesn’t cook and won’t try anything beyond her limited food scope so it was a bit shocking when she signed up to go to culinary school (Specialty Desserts and Breads at Seattle Culinary Academy.) Your admission that you will never turn down pepperoni pizza and yet you turn out such amazing food and recipes gives me hope that she will branch out a little eventually!

80. Krystle on April 21, 2011 at 12:27 am

Seeing as you have Blue Moon on this list, I have to ask if you have ever tried a Blue Moon Beermosa? It is just what it sounds like, a mimosa but with beer, and Blue Moon most specifically. It’s delicious. Half orange juice and half Blue Moon with an orange wedge. It makes a great companion to a yummy brunch. Try it :) and Enjoy!

81. Amanda on April 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Over Easter, we stopped at my husband’s aunt’s house, where she had just taken pepperoni rolls out of the oven, and they were delicious! It was some perfect combination of the crusty bread, thick pepperoni layers, and just a hint of cheese! I asked her about the bread dough and she said it was Rhodes! Here I had been making pepperoni roll with homemade pizza dough…

82. pami on April 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I make my pepperoni rolls with Rhodes, hot pepper cheese, and CHOPPED pepperoni (yes, pepperoni thrown into the food processor). They are the BEST!

83. Paige on May 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm

You forgot homeade mac & cheese! My mom is the absolute Queen of making it! The crisp browned cheese and the half & half makes it so rich and creamy! It’s like a taste of Heaven! So wonderful on rainy days and especially days when I venture home from college!

84. Carley @ Baking & Broiling on August 30, 2011 at 3:45 pm

My favorite indulgence is Wendy’s french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty! Sweet and salty!!!

85. Regie on October 5, 2011 at 5:40 am

Your site looks amazing.. i’m a follower now. Thanks for sharing your talent.