The Weekend Dish: 4/16/2011

I feel like this week has been a whirlwind that buzzed right on by when I wasn’t watching. Most of my week was spent counting down to Wednesday night’s hockey game, which kicked off the Stanely Cup Playoffs (and we won 3-0!) and then waiting some more for last night’s game. And of course watching lots of hockey on top of those two games. Hockey playoff season – the best time of the year! Plus, we’ve finally had a couple days of gorgeous spring weather here, and it’s been wonderful to feel the sun again. How was your week?

I tried to photograph some fireworks last weekend at the baseball game, but didn’t have much luck. If anyone would love to offer up some photography tips, I’d love to hear them! See post: Fireworks Photo Fail

Now as always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy! :)

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

50 Easter Recipes – A roundup of all the great recipes suitable for celebrating Easter.

My Top 15 Favorite Indulgences – The skeletons in my foodie closet. What I eat when no one’s looking ;-)

Classic Egg Salad – A great recipe with a perfect balance of flavors and textures. Plus, how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.

Ginger-Tea Lemonade – Bright, bubbly and refreshing. You’ll definitely want to keep this in the fridge this summer!

Most Viewed Post This Week: 50 Easter Recipes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops (Endless Simmer)
The salted caramel love continues… I’m way overdue on making homemade popsicles, and these are definitely first on my list.

Inside-Out Neopolitan Layer Cake (Sweetapolita)
Gorgeous layered chocolate cake with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry buttercream frostings.

Rich Ice Cream and Coffee Cheesecake (Willow Bird Baking)
Completely and totally decadent, which is everything I love about cheesecakes!

Rocky Road Pie (The Naptime Chef, as seen on The Family Kitchen)
Oh my. Total rich goodness. I must make this for my Chief Culinary Consultant – he loves rocky road!

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries (Living Lou)
I love sweet potato fries but struggle with getting them crispy – love the use of egg whites in this recipe, as well as all the spices!

Have a delicious weekend!

9 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 4/16/2011”

1. Julie @ Willow Bird Baking on April 16, 2011 at 12:34 am

Thanks for the mention, Michelle!

2. Katrina on April 16, 2011 at 1:47 am

Thanks again for posting your Easter recipe round up! I really enjoyed it. Have a great weekend!

3. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on April 16, 2011 at 7:23 am

I hadn’t seen those pudding pops, yum! I am obsessed with Julie’s cheesecake (well, actually all of her cheesecakes). Let us know if you make it.

4. Penny Wolf on April 16, 2011 at 7:59 am

That Neopolitan layer cake looks beautiful! I think your spumoni ice cream (my all time favorite of your posts) would also translate wonderfully into the cake. One of each!!

5. Kelsey on April 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Aww, thanks for the inclusion in the roundup!

6. Rosie @ Sweetapolita on April 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

Thanks so much for including my Neapolitan Cake, Michelle! I can’t get over how many incredible baked goods there are on your blog–it’s craziness! Love it. Thanks again. xo

7. Chad on April 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm

This all looks amazing – thanks for the share.

8. Parsley Sage on April 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Don’t you love it when you’re team is rocking? I’m a Bayern Munich fan and we’re having a poop season and it has permeated my life with poopiness. No good! A recipe for Spicy Sweet Potato Fries might help tho ;)

Thanks for sharing!

9. Claire @ Live and Love to Eat on April 19, 2011 at 10:48 am

We Pittsburgh-ers love our fireworks… but they never do photograph quite right!