Quite possibly one of my favorite top 10 lists… Brownies!! They are dense, fudgy, packed full of chocolate, and infinitely customizable depending on your favorite flavors. There are peanut butter brownies, salted caramel, mint, Oreo, cheesecake… you name an ingredient, and I guarantee a brownie has been made with it. Below are my 10 all-time favorites – some all-chocolate, some special variations, and some popular favorites. Enjoy the selection!
1. Baked Brownie – The famed Baked brownie, in all its glory. This lives up to all of its hype and is by far my #1 favorite brownie recipe – fudgy, dense, chocolatey and delicious.
2. Chewy Brownies – These are a Cook’s Illustrated brain child – they were formulated specifically to recreate the taste and texture of box-mix brownies. They nailed it, and it’s definitely among my favorites.
3. Chocolate Mint Brownies – I used to love the little Andes mints from the Olive Garden, so these brownies play right into my hand. I love the fresh flavor of mint along with chocolate.
4. French Chocolate Brownies – The batter for these brownies is almost like a mousse and it results in brownies that are rich, light and yet somehow also fudgy. I love, love, love the crackly top as well!
5. Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars – The amazing magical brownies that every single person falls hopelessly in love with as soon as they taste them. A dense brownie base, topped with melted marshmallows and then a layer of melted chocolate and peanut butter mixed with rice krispies. Totally addicting.
6. Peanut Butter Brownies – A spin on the Baked brownie, with copious amounts of peanut butter filling swirled in. Perfection.
7. Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars – The cousin of the Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars above. Instead of a layer of melted marshmallow in the middle, there is a layer of chopped up peanut butter cups. Sooooo good!
8. Outrageous Brownies – A classic from Ina Garten, these almost taste like fudge. You can never have enough chocolate!
9. Salted Caramel Brownies – You also can never have enough salted caramel, I have come to realize. A basic brownie recipe with salted caramel swirled on top.
10. Sweet and Salty Brownies – Last but certainly not least, the Baked brownie with a layer of salted caramel baked right into the middle, and topped with a combination of coarse sugar and fleur de sel.
What are some of your favorite brownie recipes??