Man cannot live on
bread dessert alone. At least I guess we shouldn’t
As much as I love churning out cookies and sweet treats, I also need to eat “regular” food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t typically cook any type of complicated or gourmet meals; I lean much more toward a comfort and simple style of food. For this next installment of my Top 10 lists, I thought sharing some of my all-time favorite meals would be appreciated. I’m sure you all don’t eat dessert for three meals a day either ;-) I hope you enjoy browsing through the foods that I enjoy cooking for myself; feel free to share your favorites as well!
1. Baked Macaroni and Cheese – My all-time favorite homemade macaroni and cheese – classic elbows in a cheesy homemade sauce, topped with crispy breadcrumbs.
3. Cheesy Baked Ziti with Sausage – An Italian classic and one of my favorites for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time and is always a hit – lots of cheese and sausage! (helloooooo old photography!)
4. French Onion Soup – Better than I’ve ever had at a restaurant, one of my absolute favorite soups. Great for those chilly fall and winter evenings.
5. Grilled Fish Tacos – These are a newfound love for me, and the flavors in this recipes can’t be beat – so light and fresh, they’re a great summer meal.
6. Hearty Beef Stew – I make this at least a handful of times every fall and winter, the best stew recipe I have ever come across.
7. Italian Sausage, Red Pepper & Mushroom Risotto – My mom requests this every year for her birthday – so filling and delicious.
8. Soba Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce – One of my new favorite vegetarian meals, it’s quick and easy and really filling.
9. Sweet and Sour Chicken – Tastes just like take-out (if not better) – the most popular main dish recipe among Brown Eyed Baker readers.
10. Thick and Hearty Chili – I love, love, love chili once the cooler weather hits, and I sop up every last bite of this with crusty bread. Mmm!
What’s your favorite weeknight dinner, or favorite Brown Eyed Baker meal?