I’m finishing up my Top 10 series with all of my favorite yeast breads. This was a particularly hard category to narrow down because making homemade yeast bread is one of the most relaxing and satisfying things for me in the kitchen. I love the smell of the yeasted dough, how it feels in my hands while I knead it, seeing it raise, watching it puff in the oven, and then slicing through a crust, through a wonderful crumb, and taking that first warm bite. I love everything about the process, and could easily eat all of these over and over again. I did narrow it down, since this is a Top 10 list after all! I hope you enjoy my favorites, and take the time to explore the rest of my yeast breads on the site.
1. American Sandwich Bread – This is the ultimate homemade white bread – perfect for your favorite sandwiches and breakfast toast.
2. Bagels – Bagels are one of my all-time favorite treats to make at home. To date, I have made plain bagels, blueberry bagels (pictured below), cinnamon-raisin bagels, Asiago bagels and everything bagels.
3. Chocolate Babka – Absolutely sinful, a great breakfast (or dessert) treat around the holidays!
4. Cinnamon Raisin Walnut Bread – This is ah-mazing bread – cinnamon-spiked dough with swirls of raisins and walnuts. It’s an incredible breakfast bread.
5. English Muffins – Much like bagels, English muffins are an awesome store-bought item to make at home. They aren’t too difficult, and a million times better than anything you’ll buy!
6. Honey-Oatmeal Sandwich Bread – This runs a close second to the American Sandwich Bread in terms of favorite breads. It also makes a fabulous sandwich bread – soft and light but full of flavor!
8. Potato Rosemary Bread – This one ranks up there in the top 3 for me – so much flavor and such a wonderfully light crumb. This is a great one to make around Thanksgiving for leftover turkey sandwiches!
9. Soft Cheese and Pepperoni Bread – Pepperoni bread is one of my absolute favorite things in the world. My grandma would make them all the time… she used Rhodes frozen bread dough (still delicious!), but this is a great from-scratch alternative.
What are some of your favorite bread recipes? Feel free to include links if you’d like!