10 Best Selling Soup & Stew Cookbooks

The high today in Pittsburgh might not even graze 60 degrees. Hellooooo fall! I’m officially ready for a huge pot of chili or beef stew, two of my all-time favorites once the weather cools off this much. I thought it would be a great time to do a roundup of some of the best selling soup and stew cookbooks to get you ready for the season. Sometimes I check out Amazon’s best seller lists to see what people have been buying, but yesterday saw something I hadn’t noticed before – a “Most Gifted” list. The books that have been purchased as gifts the most on Amazon.com. I like this list even better, because it’s likely that someone already owns the book and loves it enough that they want to share it with someone else. In my book, that’s the best gauge that something is worth buying! So without further ado, here are the 10 Most Gifted soup & stew cookbooks on Amazon.com…

1. The Italian Slow Cooker by Michele Scicolone

2. New England Soup Factory Cookbook by Marjorie Druker

3. Liquid Raw: Over 125 Juices, Smoothies, Soups, and Other Raw Beverages by Lisa Montgomery

4. Tagine: Spicy Stews from Morocco by Ghillie Basan

5. The Ski House Cookbook: Warm Winter Dishes for Cold Weather Fun by Tina Anderson

6. 500 Soups by Susannah Blake

7. The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup by Diane Rossen Worthington

8. Mr. Sunday’s Soups by Lorraine Wallace

9. The Best Soups in the World by Clifford A. Wright

10. Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons by Nava Atlas

My all-time favorite book in this category didn’t make this list, but wanted to make sure it was included!

Bonus (Michelle’s Favorite):

The Best Soups & Stews by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine Editors

Do you have a favorite cookbook for cool weather food? I’d love if you’d share below, I’m always looking for new cookbooks!

14 Responses to “10 Best Selling Soup & Stew Cookbooks”

1. CouponClippingCook on September 15, 2011 at 1:59 am

What a great idea to look at the most gifted cookbooks. Another great post of yours I’m going to bookmark! Thank you.

2. Benthe on September 15, 2011 at 2:09 am

I don’t make soup that often, I should do that more.. It’s so good on those cold winter days, and easy to make the night or morning before.

3. Katrina on September 15, 2011 at 7:08 am

I haven’t heard of a lot of these books. Thanks!

4. Jen at The Three Little Piglets on September 15, 2011 at 8:09 am

That Tagine one looks really good. My favorite lately has been The Country Cooking of Ireland by Coleman Andrews. While it’s not technically a cold-weather book per se, it has all these hearty dishes that are just gorgeous. It won a bunch of James Beard awards the year it came out, and besides, you can never go wrong with Coleman Andrews.

5. Liz @ Microwave Goddess on September 15, 2011 at 8:17 am

Wonderful idea to find great cookbooks! So happy the weather is cooling off-it’s around 50 here in Kentucky. Hello soups, stews and casseroles!

6. Lisa Williams on September 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

I’m like you, ANY cookbook from Cook’s Illustrated is my favorite. I have most of them and I’ve never had a recipe fail me yet.

7. Caitlin @ Cake with Love on September 15, 2011 at 11:30 am

I am a soup girl at heart, back home in Moldova we ate a lot of soup, now in NY me and my husband still keep the tradition and every weekend I will make soup to have for the rest of the week, it is very convinieny you just heat, for lunch or for dinner, or as a starter before main dish! Love all the suggestions from this post!

8. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on September 15, 2011 at 11:53 am

Thanks for this great list! I’m definitely going to check them out and see which fits the bill for me. :) Always looking for fun and tasty winter soup or crock recipes.

9. Lisa @ The Cooking Bride on September 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Oh yes, I definitely agree with “New England Soup Factory Cookbook.” A lady I used to work with gave me a big stack of cookbooks she didn’t want anymore and this was one of them. Lucky me because it has turned out to be one of my faves. I just posted my version of their corn chowder recipe – SO GOOD! Everything I’ve made from that book has been delicious.

10. Katy on September 15, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Congratulations!!! Just read that you were voted most valuable blogger in Pittsburgh in the lifestyle category. Not surprising, but wonderful nonetheless :o)

• Michelle on September 18th, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Thank you Katy!

11. Ally on September 16, 2011 at 9:19 am

Moroccan soups are my favorite! I’d love that cookbook.

xo

12. DRTVrMoi on September 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm

The house favorite is a Pillsbury paperback that my mother-in-law scored from the supermarket. My husband (the true family chef) makes several soups from it and they are simple crowd pleasers. BTW, what is your favorite soup cookbook?

13. RisaG on September 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I want the Italian Slow Cooker book. I saw it at Costco a few weeks ago and I should’ve bought it. I didn’t and now I regret it.