The Weekend Dish: 11/5/2011

Happy first weekend of November! Hopefully you all survived the snow last weekend and trick-or-treating. I enjoyed my time at the Steelers game and watching us beat the Patriots, and then devouring food at Fat Head’s afterward. A pretty good food day when you could the soft pretzel I snagged at the game! Are you getting ready for the holidays yet? I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is now less than three weeks away, craziness! I did see my first Christmas commercial of the season last night and it made me just a little bit giddy. Can’t wait!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Trick or Treat! A Keurig Giveaway! – I couldn’t give out candy so I gave away a Keurig coffee maker!

40 Thanksgiving Recipes – A roundup of some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes on the site.

Leftover Halloween Candy Bark – If you have leftover Halloween candy in your house, this is a creative way to use it up.

Macaroni & Cheese Casserole – An easy, baked macaroni and cheese, topped with crushed Ritz crackers. I love the simplicity of this dish!

Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette – My all-time favorite holiday salad; we make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Most Viewed Post This Week: Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Apple Graham Coffee Cake (Kitchen Heals Soul)
This looks amazing, and different from other coffee cakes. A perfect fall snack (or breakfast).

Butternut Squash Mac n’ Cheese (Eclectic Recipes)
Since I’m on a bit of a butternut squash and mac n’ cheese kick this week, this recipe jumped right out at me. It sounds delicious!

Cannoli Dip (Big Red Kitchen)
This is such a brilliant idea! Perfect for holiday parties.

Kit Kat Birthday Cake (RecipeGirl)
I love how awesome this cake looks, and how equally easy it is to make!

Peanut Butter and Fleur de Sel Brownies (Love & Olive Oil)
Chocolate and peanut butter, check. Sweet and salty, check. This is pretty much my ultimate dessert.

Have a delicious weekend!

10 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 11/5/2011”

1. Eftychia on November 5, 2011 at 2:08 am

Happy November! In Cyprus we still have sunshine, and we pray for rain… I hope you are all fine in US.

2. Choc Chip Uru on November 5, 2011 at 3:21 am

Yay November = closer to December = closer to Xmas!

3. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 5, 2011 at 7:59 am

I love your weekend dishes! I read them every Saturday morning!!!

4. Robin Sue on November 5, 2011 at 8:55 am

Oh Wow! Thanks so much for the link love. This dip is killer and very dangerous, beware! Now I need to go and check out your squash salad- sounds delicious.
    Warmly,
    Robin

5. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes on November 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

Always look forward to your weekend dishes :) Can’t believe it’s almost December already! Yay Christmas! ;)

6. Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor on November 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Yes, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and so much to do to get ready for it. I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday. I hope you have a great weekend, and enjoy some fall weather.

7. Misty Lynn on November 6, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Just wanted to say GO STEELERS!

8. Ann on November 7, 2011 at 1:18 am

As always…a great round-up! I love that we’re both Steelers fans! The Mac & cheese was an incredible recipe and I liked the picks this week!

9. Ally on November 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Mmm, the recipes to all the links you shared sound amazing.
    xo

10. Jan on December 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Loving that butternut squash macaroni and cheese from Eclectic Recipes and your squash salad and can’t wait to try them! Thanks for including one of my posts in your weekend dish. Hope you get a chance to make the coffee cake soon :)