The Weekend Dish: 11/19/2011 (Thanksgiving Menu)

It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is now less than a week away! I wanted to share our menu with you in the event that you are working on yours this weekend and need a little inspiration. There will be 12-14 people at our holiday and this is what my mom and I have planned:

Appetizers:
Breadsticks wrapped with prosciutto
Crackers with brie and apple butter
Mixed nuts

Dinner:
Turkey (of course!) with Cranberry Sauce and Gravy
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette
Stuffed Mushrooms
Roasted Brussels sprouts (still finalizing that recipe)
Sausage, Fig & Cranberry Stuffing (doubled)
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potato Gratin
Rolls

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Carrot Cake
Italian Walnut “Pillow” Cookies (my grandma always made these for Thanksgiving)

If you’re still on the hunt for recipes, check out my post on 40 Thanksgiving Recipes, or feel free to browse all of the Thanksgiving-related posts.

What are you planning on serving this year?? I hope you have a stress-free and enjoyable holiday week with your friends and family!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Cranberry Sauce – A quick and easy fresh cranberry sauce with apple, lemon and orange – totally beats out any canned version!

(Make-Ahead) Homemade Gravy – Fussing around with turkey drippings and trying to make gravy while everyone is waiting to eat isn’t any fun. This make-ahead gravy recipe keeps stress levels low.

Sausage, Fig & Cranberry Stuffing – My favorite new recipe from Thanksgiving last year – it was a huge hit. I can’t wait to eat an enormous helping again this year!

Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes – Super cute turkeys made from Oreos and candy – plop them on top of cupcakes or eat them as-is. A great project for the kiddos!

Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyère – A spin on scalloped potatoes – sweet potatoes, thyme, garlic-infused cream and lots of Gruyère cheese.

Most Viewed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Bailey’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie (She Wears Many Hats)
I am in love with potato pancakes, and this sounds like such an awesome variations; can’t wait to try them!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Disneyland (Picky Palate)
I adore chocolate-covered graham crackers, and now you throw in peanut butter?! Heaven!

Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread (The Pastry Affair)
I loved monkey bread, and can’t wait to try a savory version like this – I could probably eat the whole thing!

Peanut Butter Cup All-in-One Cake (Daydreamer Desserts)
This cake was pretty much made for me. Huge, luscious layers of chocolate, peanut butter, caramel. Oh my!

Vanilla Malt Sprinkle Bark Cake (spicy icecream)
I am in love with this adorable cake! Totally want it for my next birthday!

Have a delicious weekend!

11 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 11/19/2011 (Thanksgiving Menu)”

1. Marilyn on November 19, 2011 at 8:31 am

I’m been meaning to tell you – thanks for the weekend dish! I’m “met” so many lovely blogs and people this way. :-)

2. Katrina on November 19, 2011 at 9:06 am

Sooo many yummy recipes this week!

3. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 19, 2011 at 9:51 am

I love your weekend dish!! It’s my favorite post! What great recipes!!

4. RisaG on November 19, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Your menu sounds amazing. I am going to a friends house with my family and my friend asked me to bring my famous mashed potatoes. I am also bringing Pumpkin Soft Yeast Rolls, Jalapeno Popper Dip and a pumpkin pie. She told me all the stuff she is putting out – it is going to be a huge feast. I am going to roll out of there and eat leftovers for days after.

5. Ally on November 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Amazing assortment of recipes! So handy to have for Thanksgiving & the Christmas season…
    xo

6. Emma on November 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Hey, do u have a good recipe for baking render beef ribs?

• Michelle on November 20th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hi Emma, I don’t actually, I’ve never made ribs!

7. Amber, RD on November 20, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Those are all great recipes you bookmarked. I couldn’t help but bookmark them as well. I need about 1000 people to bake for!

8. nancy baggett on November 20, 2011 at 5:03 pm

A really nice menu you’ve planned…. can I come! Except I will bring my own cranberry-mandarin orange stuffing, which is just super.

9. Peggy on November 21, 2011 at 5:50 am

Everything sounds so good! Definitely some great Thanksgiving inspiration here =)

10. kBlue on December 3, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I wanted to tell you that I made the sausage, fig, and cranberry stuffing for Thanksgiving this year, thanks to you! I have flipped past it in my recipe book many times because I didn’t want to do the roll up a turkey thing. How come I didn’t think to make it separately? It was a hit. My mother doesn’t like stuffing, and she LOVED this. Thank you!