The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2011: 10 of My Favorite Recipes

Yesterday I shared my annual roundup of the 10 most popular recipes on Brown Eyed Baker that were made during 2011. So many awesome goodies! But there were also tons of recipes that I fell in love with this year that didn’t make the cut, and for that reason I put together this follow-up roundup, which features 10 of my favorites from 2011. (And because I am about as indecisive as they come, I included an “Honorable Mentions” category at the end for a few that I just had to include.) These are the recipes that I made over and over, tried to hide from others, and cried when they were gone. Enjoy browsing the list, and feel free to share any recipe requests for 2012 in the comments below! Happy New Year’s Eve!

(The recipes are listed in chronological order, January through December.)

1. Fruit & Almond Granola

2. Blueberry Muffins

3. Root Beer Float Cake

4. Portobello Pesto Pizza

5. Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie Bars

6. Sweet and Salty Brownies

7. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

8. Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa & Sauerkraut

9. Chubby Hubby Truffles

10. Baked French Toast Casserole with Praline Topping

Honorable Mentions:
Poppy Chow (Chocolate & Peanut Butter-Covered Popcorn)
Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Skillet Apple Crisp
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Sausage, Fig & Cranberry Stuffing

Do you have any recipe requests for Brown Eyed Baker in 2012? Share them below!

30 Responses to “The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2011: 10 of My Favorite Recipes”

1. Jen of My Tiny Oven on December 31, 2011 at 12:13 am

That portobello pesto pizza kills me everytime I see it! You have the greatest recipes, I have made so many over the last year! Thank you so much!! You are an inspiration!

2. Angela on December 31, 2011 at 12:54 am

I am so glad that I found your blog. I can’t wait to see what kind of deliciousness you whip up for 2012. :) Have a wonderful new year!!

3. I'm At Home Baking on December 31, 2011 at 1:18 am

Wow, great stuff! I love the way the pizza looks and will have to try since I am always looking for new dough recipes!

4. Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on December 31, 2011 at 1:40 am

Yummm…I forgot about that root beer float cake. I really want to make that.

As for recipe requests…cupcakes and bar cookies are my favorite things to bake, and I’d always like to see more of those!

Happy New Year’s Eve :)

5. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen on December 31, 2011 at 2:33 am

That pesto pizza. It calls out to me.

6. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on December 31, 2011 at 7:33 am

No wonder those were your favorites! That photo of the pb&j bars makes me want to grab one out of the screen.

7. margaret on December 31, 2011 at 8:57 am

I was looking at your list that you want to make, Your 100. I suggest you made a flourless chocolate cake and bourbon bundt cake. I have two great recipes if you are interested. Made the flourless for christmas and the bourbon bundt cake for christmas eve. :)

8. Penny Wolf on December 31, 2011 at 9:08 am

Ohhh, I totally forgot about the Root Beer float/Black Cow cake. MMMM!

9. SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen on December 31, 2011 at 9:46 am

Love the pizza & brownies… fun party food :)

Hope you’ll bring these by to our “best of 2011″ recipes party! We’d enjoy having you there.

Blessings in 2012, Michelle!

10. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on December 31, 2011 at 9:54 am

Oh yum! Everything looks delish! I need to make the peanut butter and jelly bars! Happy New Years!

11. Jacque H. on December 31, 2011 at 10:59 am

The portobella pizza is a big hit at my house! As are the peanut butter and jelly bars.

I love reading your blog, and trying your recipes. I have to say though, my husband’s absolute favorite is your Pineapple Zucchini Bread recipe. He asks me to make it all the time.

12. nicole {sweet peony} on December 31, 2011 at 11:02 am

oooh yum! i always love your recipes; they never fail me!! thank you so much for all of the wonderful food you shared this year! i’m looking forward to more in 2012! happy new year, michelle!

13. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on December 31, 2011 at 11:20 am

I’ll take one of each please but especially the pesto pizza and root beer foat cake – yum!! :)

14. Winnie on December 31, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I love those blueberry muffins! I’ve made them countless times this summer and everybody loved them.

15. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes on December 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I love all of these – so yummy!

16. linda on December 31, 2011 at 1:41 pm

So glad you did this list-I missed the kielbasa and sauerkraut the 1st time-and boy am I going to make that!
    Also I made the peanut butter cookies but used chopped reese’s cups in place of snickers-great
    Thank you for all that you do-I thoroughly enjoy your blog

17. leslie on December 31, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Delicious round up!!!!!
    Happy New Year to you

18. Emilie @ Emilies Enjoyables on December 31, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I made your chubby hubby truffles for Christmas and they were a huge hit!

19. angela on December 31, 2011 at 5:55 pm

After so many sweets, my eyes go to the sausage sandwich as a big winner. Happy New Year, Michelle.

20. Ambel on December 31, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I made the Chubby Hubbies, the Kielbasa & Sauerkraut, and the Perfect Mashed Potatoes ( which turned out PERFECT byt the way ;) Thanks for all your recipes. Hope you have a great new year!
    AS for recipe requests… I’m looking for a perfect eggnog recipe..

21. Cooking Rookie on December 31, 2011 at 8:55 pm

What a delicious collection. The pizza is absolutely amazing :-). Happy 2012, Michelle!

22. Jen at The Three Little Piglets on December 31, 2011 at 10:46 pm

That’s an amazing roundup!! Happy New Year!

23. Karen on December 31, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Just copied the Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie Bars. I just have to try them. Sounds like a better option than eating the Peanut butter with a soup spoon out of the jar for dessert. Thanks so much. You have the best recipes.

24. Susan on January 1, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Love your recipes (and photos)!!! So delicious!
    I had a green tea cupcake a couple years ago, and it was fantastic! I haven’t been able to duplicate it (or even find one remotely similar). A green tea cupcake would be my request for you in 2012. :)
    Thank you!

25. Sparkles on January 2, 2012 at 6:43 am

The Skillet Apple Crisp is amazing and one of my favorites from you! I need to try that Root Beer Float cake.. maybe for a fun anniversary dessert for my parents. :)
    As for requests, please oh please tell me you’re working on the Max and Erma’s Tortilla Soup… it turns the most beastly day magical.
    Happy New Year, Michelle! :)

26. Ally on January 4, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Lovely to know your favorites! xo

27. Alida's Kitchen on January 4, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I remember each and every one of these. I have been dying to make that pizza! On my list… Happy New Year!

28. Vera on January 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Wow – the chubby hubby truffles are awsome!!! I made them right after new years – after my regular peanut butter balls were all gone.

29. Dede on January 9, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I have to say that the Portabello pizza was outstanding! However, I have yet to come across one of you recipes that was not outstanding :- )
    I look forward to many, many more fantastic recipes. You’ve made my husband a very happy man.

30. RisaG on February 18, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I agree that the Portobello Mushroom Pizza looks really good. I may have to try that one. I would cut up the mushrooms a bit smaller as my son picks out all pieces of mushrooms unless they are tiny and he can’t. One of my secrets to getting him to eat veggies that he says he doesn’t like.

This list and the pictures look so good. Got to try a few.