50 Healthy Recipes for 2012

No matter the year, no matter the circumstances, one thing is always certain: January 1st ushers in resolutions by the truckload, and usually top among them is to lose weight, get healthy, get in shape, or something of that nature. It’s no secret that, as a general rule, I don’t eliminate anything from my diet. “Everything in moderation” is my mantra, but the start of the year is a great time to reset any bad habits you may have picked up over the holidays. Below are 50 recipes that are mostly clean and of the healthy variety, to help you start 2012 on the right foot. Enjoy!

Appetizers/Snacks

46. Grilled Corn
47. Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw
48. Potato Salad with Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette

Breads

49. Hearty Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
50. Honey-Oatmeal Sandwich Bread

31 Responses to “50 Healthy Recipes for 2012”

1. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga on January 2, 2012 at 1:51 am

What a great roundup!

I love all the suggestions. Nothing like putting down the holiday cookies and picking up a salad :)

2. Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe on January 2, 2012 at 3:00 am

Great recipe ideas for 2012 – merci!

3. Choc Chip Uru on January 2, 2012 at 4:44 am

Good to know I can make 2012 a little healthier :P
    Happy New Year!

4. linda on January 2, 2012 at 4:52 am

after the sugar load from xmas to now this list comes in very handy.
    the applesauce oatmeal muffins are up today! & the veggie bean burgers/sweet potato fries look great.
    thanks michelle!

5. Hilywatson on January 2, 2012 at 6:15 am

Great…most of them are my favorite. Surely gonna try one by one.

Thanks a lot for all this 50 YUMMY links.

6. leslie on January 2, 2012 at 8:05 am

They all sound wonderful! I totally need a detox after the Holidays!

7. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on January 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

Yah! I love this! Last night, I already plain on making your restaurant style salsa today, and there it is on your healthy list! I am going to scope out your other recipes to see what I can make! he he so excited!!

8. kathryn on January 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thank you for a great post! I’ve been emailing a bunch of these to myself! I can’t wait to try them! :)

9. Deborah on January 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

Although I don’t change all that much come January 1st, I’m always on the lookout for more healthy recipes!!

10. Maria on January 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

We both posted 50 healthy recipes. I love it! Great round up!

11. Amanda Rae on January 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

Maybe I missed it, but what’s the delicious looking dish in the picture?

12. Me And My Sweets on January 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for great inspiration for a healthier lifestyle!! Sweets taste best in combination of healthy food and exercise.

13. Angela Palafox on January 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm

What is the recipe in the main picture of your blog post?! =] It looks delicious!

14. Janie on January 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm

They all look good- I am trying them all-thank you for posting!

15. Emilie @ Emilies Enjoyables on January 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Love this post! My favorite is the baked oatmeal, and we made fish tacos last night :)

16. Jerianne Hanks on January 2, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Michelle, your blog is so fun and so many good recipes! You need to invest in a Bosch; I’ve had mine for over 30 years and make 9 loaves of bread every week and have only replaced my bowl and beaters once. I LOVE IT! Best investment ever!

17. Megan on January 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

What a great round-up! Thanks for providing links to all these yummy-sounding recipes in one post. This should *hopefully* make it easier for my husband and I to eat healthier this year!

18. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts on January 2, 2012 at 2:19 pm

What a great lineup of recipes! Almost everyone needs to “clean up” their diet after the holidays.

19. Claudia on January 2, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I LOVE these recipe ideas! I already want to start making some of these meals tonight. :) This would look great on a list! Would love to have you do so on SkinnyScoop and share with our users :).

20. Lavender Dreams on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm

What great recipes! Thanks and Happy New year! ♥

21. Ann on January 3, 2012 at 2:09 am

As always – an amazing round up! I don’t know if I ever told you, but I love, LOVE your blog! You not only make amazing treats, but your savory dishes are outstanding as well! …plus you are ALWAYS on trend! I don’t comment every day, but I certainly read ever day (I’ll get better, I promise!). I also enjoy your weekend round-ups! I like to see what catches your eye….thanks and I look forward to more delicious posts in 2012!

22. Jen on January 3, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Awesome list. Thanks for sharing!

23. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes on January 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I’m bookmarking like ALL of these :) Thanks!!

24. Ally on January 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for another deliciously fabulous year. Can’t wait to see what’s ahead! xo

25. Peggy on January 5, 2012 at 6:33 am

Lovely roundup! Can’t wait to try some of these myself =)

26. Holly (2 Kids and Tired) on January 5, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Awesome round-up. I’m bookmarking the post. We’re working on eating healthier this year and these recipes are a great reference!

2 Kids and Tired Cooks

27. Joe on January 9, 2012 at 7:13 am

Great list of healthy recipes. Gonna keep a list of this so that I will never run out of recipes to try for 2012!

28. Klaumwell Labs on January 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing this large collection of healthy recipes. This looks like a great way to start off the new year.

29. RisaG on February 18, 2012 at 11:16 pm

what a fabulous list. Can’t wait to make a few of these.