15 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

Happy week of St. Patrick’s Day!

Do you have all of your green clothes picked out? Are you ready to stuff yourself with traditional Irish food? How about stuffing yourself with Irish liquor-spiked baked goods? Whether you’re planning on throwing a party, going to a party, bringing treats into work or school, or just doing something festive at home, I’ve gathered together a nice assortment of St. Patrick’s Day-worthy recipes for you. From breakfast and breads to drinks, appetizers, and desserts, you’ll find 15 festive recipes to help you put together your St. Patrick’s Day feast. Stay tuned – I’ll be sharing more Irish-themed recipes throughout the week! Enjoy!

Breakfast

Sweets

Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Mint Brownies
Guinness Gingerbread Cake
Guinness-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies (decorate with green frosting and festive sprinkles!)
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Shamrock Sugar Cookies

What are your favorite things to eat and drink for St. Patrick’s Day??

27 Responses to “15 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes”

1. CouponClippingCook on March 12, 2012 at 1:16 am

All of these are so festive and look absolutely delicious. I’d love to eat each item starting early in the morning on St. Patrick’s Day all the way thru to late in the eve. I would start with those yummy cupcakes for breakfast!

2. Daisy@Nevertoosweet on March 12, 2012 at 4:47 am

WOW all the Green recipes looks wonderful :) I’ve never really celebrated St Patrick’s Day before ~ Thanks for sharing!

3. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on March 12, 2012 at 7:26 am

Everything looks wonderful here! When I get to work I’m going to scope them all out! Shhhhhh, don’t let my boss know! :) Happy Monday to you!

4. Katrina on March 12, 2012 at 8:10 am

Oh my! So much goodness in here!

5. Dee on March 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

I’m making the cupcakes today, and giving them to my favorite Irish friend!

• Dee on March 12th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Okay, the cupcakes are PHENOMENAL! I made my own buttercream and added in more baileys, I actually used 2 nips. The cake was so nice and rich, I used E Guittard it’s so red and made the cake so rich tasting. The Whiskey Ganache was kind of runny and kind of messy when piping but in the cupcake it firmed up nicely.
      I will definitely make these again, thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

6. Ellen @ The Baking Bluenoser on March 12, 2012 at 8:38 am

I’ve been eyeing the Irish Car Bombs cupcakes for a long time now. I have decided that this year is the perfect time to make them. I can’t wait, I’m so excited!

7. Madame Butternut on March 12, 2012 at 8:47 am

I love Irish Soda Bread, but I never thought to make it as a scone. What an ingenious idea! Thank you!

8. Megan @ Megan's Munchies on March 12, 2012 at 10:30 am

Wish I had time to make them all!!!

9. Maribeth Alexander on March 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I just want you to know how much I love your website! I look forward to seeing your posts each day, and appreciate so much you compiling the “Lists” for the different holidays. St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorites, and I plan this year on cooking some of your recipes!

10. Corrie Anne on March 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I have to say.. exactly what I was looking for!! Love St.Patrick’s!

11. Jill Colonna on March 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Oops – completely forgot about St Pat’s Day! Love your recipe selections here. No excuse now not to do something festive. Fabulous!

12. ErinCroutons on March 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Omg, the reuben dip! Everything looks great, but that dip is gonna get me in troubbblllleeeee!!

13. Mireia on March 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I think I love them all!!

14. Kris on March 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I prefer to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by preparing real Irish food and not just making something green or using irish liquers. Dublin Coddle is an excellent traditional dish…the Irish are also known for their metropolitan foodie culture. Some of the best food I’ve had in Ireland wasn’t even traditionally Irish! There is a small cafe near Trinity College in Dublin that served drop dead AMAZING Pork and Leek sausages with red onion relish and garlic mash. Truly delicious and not necessarily “Irish”.

I think I’m rambling. I guess my point is that it’s unbelievably frustrating that recipe makers (not just BEB, but many many others) call something Irish just because it has Guinness in it or has green food colouring! Research the culture, get an education, then create some Irish inspired recipes (I’d recommend including lamb).

15. Peggy on March 12, 2012 at 3:49 pm

All of those options sound completely enticing! Can’t wait to pick some out =)

16. Ally on March 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Beer waffles? Now that’s my kind of morning meal!
    xo

17. Krissy's Creations on March 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm

What a great list of St Patricks day recipes!

18. Emily on March 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I’m so excited to try these recipes!!! I look forward to St. Patrick’s day almost as much as Thanksgiving. Growing up, my mom always threw a big party and my family would come over, bringing some delicious dishes with them. Some of my favorites are Irish stew with lamb, corned beef, roasted potatoes, and guinness steak pie. I have tons of main dishes, but I’m always at a loss for appetizers and desserts. I’ve been eyeing the Irish Car Bomb cupcakes since Novemer when I made your pumpkin cupcakes! I can’t wait to try the Reuben dip and the hash!

19. Jen on March 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm

These all look fantastic! Love the shamrock shake… I think I have a weakness for sweets! ;)

20. mike @ TheCulinaryLens on March 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I have been on a huge Irish kick at the moment. I’ve been on this side of the pond for nearly 20 years sand suddenly I have a bout of homesickness. All my possts have been savory so this is quite a treat. And remember float the shamrock don’t drown it

21. Jolene on March 13, 2012 at 3:01 am

What a yummy collection! Have pinned it!

22. Patty on March 13, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I made the car bomb cupcakes as a cake last year….or was it the year before, anyway it was delicious. My brother in laws birthday is on St. Patty’s day and he has asked me to make the car bomb cake again with corn beef and cabbage. I was thinking of making them as cupcakes this year… thanks for the recipes. I have never written but you are the first blog I started following when I needed to learn how to decorate sugar cookies. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

23. Gooseberry Patch on March 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm

What a great collection of ideas! We’re stopping by to invite you to our St. Patrick’s Day Recipe Round-Up…stop by and join the fun at the link below.

Thanks again for sharing!

24. DONI on February 22, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Hello, what size cookie cutter is the shamrock you used. Thanks

• Michelle on February 26th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I believe it was about 4″ in diameter.

25. DONNA Ormandy on August 8, 2013 at 2:46 am

I am so very happy to receive your irish recipes , thankyou.