On the Road Again…

Today, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I are leaving behind views like this, meals on the water, sunshine, tennis, walks, and constant 80-degree temperatures. We are on the road, heading back to Pittsburgh after nearly three blissful weeks in Florida. I have more recipes and recaps scheduled for tomorrow and Friday, but I thought I would take today’s travel day to collect your Easter requests. Once I get back I’ll be switching into holiday gear and would love to know if you have any Easter recipes you’d love to see on the site over the next week or so. I have a couple of favorites I am definitely planning to share, but always like to hear what you’re interested in!

So tell me… what type of Easter recipes would you like to see this year?

41 Responses to “On the Road Again…”

1. Patricia on March 28, 2012 at 12:07 am

I made many years ago an Italian Easter Pie for an Italian friend. She said it took her back many many years to her Italian Grandmother making this for Easter. It had many eggs, like 13, Pancetta and several other ingredients. I cannot remember the name or where I got the recipe, that I no longer have. Just maybe I thought you might be able to help me with this. Thank you very much.

2. pearse on March 28, 2012 at 12:12 am

How about some Madelines? It will be perfect for an Easter Brunch Table.Have u tried them. I am looking for a feathery Madeline!!!!!11. hope u could help me on this. Thanks

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks on March 28, 2012 at 12:13 am

Safe travels back home..I didn’t realize you were gone this whole time!? I must have missed the announcement that you were gone the past 3 weeks. You are quite the stealth blogger, posting these amazing recipes while on the road…either pre-cooked/pre-blogged or cooked while on vacay. AWESOME job pulling THAT off!

• Michelle on March 31st, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Haha, thanks Averie! Most things I made before we left, but I did do some baking and blogging while away. Since we were at my boyfriend’s parents’, it helps to have a fully stocked kitchen!

4. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on March 28, 2012 at 1:08 am

I’m in Florida too! Its always tough to leave.. At least the weather will be warming up in the Northeast soon (hopefully). You always have the best recipes so whatever Easter recipes you choose will be great!

5. Glenda on March 28, 2012 at 1:16 am

Easter cupcakes! Cupcakes are the best to share with friends in my opinion :D

6. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on March 28, 2012 at 2:18 am

I hope you had a wonderful trip! And any kind of easter desserts would be great :)

7. Rachael on March 28, 2012 at 6:20 am

I am looking for a moist, dark, rich carrot cake recipe…any suggestions?

• PastryChef714 on March 29th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Carrot Cake from the Silver Palate cookbook is the ultimate. The carrots are cooked and pureed making a nice fine textured cake that slices without crumbling, which is sometimes a problem with Carrot Cakes made with raw grated carrots

8. Sonya on March 28, 2012 at 6:26 am

I would actually love to have a “lighter”easter dessert..maybe an angel food cake or something? Im 100 pounds into a 140 pound weightloss journey and would love love love to serve a lighter dessert that still tastes like it has a thousand calories :D

9. Lori on March 28, 2012 at 7:07 am

My family will eat a ham, but they are not crazy about it. I’m looking for a recipe that will make it delectable. However, anything you come up with is always worth a try in my book! Wishing you a safe trip home.

10. Cornelia Cree on March 28, 2012 at 7:45 am

I would like a foolproof recipe for a small challah. I have a lot of both King Arthur’s bread flour and whole wheat flour. Thank you.

11. Hannah on March 28, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’m thinking of trying this for Easter dessert but maybe with strawberries. I wanted to share it with you because I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like it on your blog. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7033/blackberry-and-almond-meringue-cake

12. Francesca on March 28, 2012 at 8:03 am

I would love to see a berry tart with some sort of pastry cream.

13. Dee on March 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

As I am Greek I would love to see some Koulourakia one of my favorite thing my mother made as a child. Now that I have a Kitchenaid, I am going to attempt to make them and surprise her on Easter.

14. Laurie on March 28, 2012 at 9:13 am

Chocolate peanut butter eggs. Or, anything chocolate and peanut butter for that matter. :)

15. Jayne on March 28, 2012 at 11:19 am

We do brunch on Easter. Would love some new recipes for this year. Also have several vegetarians in our mix.

16. Karla on March 28, 2012 at 11:36 am

How about some creative & yummy sides to go with that ham?

17. Marcia on March 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm

My Mom used to make an angel food cake stuffed (she cut it in half and removed some cake) and put whipped cream and strawberries inside. She also made one with banana pudding/whipped cream and bananas inside. We loved those cakes! I would also like to see (Polish) Kolachy cookies-not the yeast kind, but the cream cheese and butter kind with preserves and powdered sugar. These are recipes that remind me of Easter. I’m sure what ever you make will be delish!

18. Sharon Peek on March 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Would love to see recipe other than lamb or ham for a main course protein. I also would like to see a carrot cake that could be made one layer in an oblong pan to feed many without a fuss. My grandmother used to make one that had the traditional carrots and nuts, but also featured crushed pineapple and raisens. That would be a bonus for me.
    Love your blog.
    PS-I live in Florida, glad you could visit.

19. Shannon on March 28, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I would like an easy and not too fattening scalloped potato recipe. For some reason, I just think of that as a side on Easter (I guess because my grandma would always make it).

20. Lissa on March 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Spring-y desserts!

21. Tammy on March 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

VEGAN cupcakes and side dishes

22. Debbie on March 28, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Carrot cake with a wonderful cream cheese frosting!

23. Mireia on March 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I would love to see a tutorial on how to make an easter chocolate egg, I know it’s stupid but I’ve never been able to make by myself

24. Sandra on March 28, 2012 at 4:23 pm

My mom always tries to buy a fresh loaf (or two) of Pascha/Paska bread for brunch on Easter morning. I believe it an old Eastern Orthodox tradition to have the bread blessed by your priest on Easter morning. I’m not sure though as I do not belong to this rite. All I know is that I love the sweetness of the loaf (with or without raisins) and would LOVE to have a recipe to try it on my own this year!

25. Britt on March 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Soft Carrot Cake Cupcakes with a yummy cream cheese frosting would be great to see!

26. Darcie on March 28, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Lighter appies and sides would be awesome. I always find that big family meals (thanksgiving, christmas, easter) tend to blend together with the same food stuffs. Really don’t wanna be eating heavy stuff in the spring, especially when it’s gorgeous outside =)

27. Emily on March 28, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I think trifle desserts are always pretty for special occasions. Maybe one that uses some fresh berries that are just starting to become nice and sweet!

I was going to say hot cross buns, since that’s what my mom always makes at Easter- but I see you already have that recipe on your site, so I’ll just have to try it!

28. Kay on March 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

How about some yummy vegetarian appetizers, entrees and sides?

29. Debbie on March 28, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Some type of fruity Easter dessert would be nice!

30. rachel on March 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

hot cross buns!
    hot cross buns!
    one a penny, two a penny,
    hot cross buns!

31. Hanna on March 29, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Something with hard boiled eggs would be awesome.
    My daughter opened all the boxes of egg decorating kits I had saved up…so we are going to nix the plastic eggs this year and do all decorated hard boiled. And while I love our traditional egg salad, I can only handle so much of it.

As far as desserts go I am totally on board with the idea of carrot cake! yum.