Most Popular Cookbooks and Kitchen Equipment

I started doing seasonal roundups of popular cookbooks and kitchen equipment awhile back, but haven’t done one in quite some time. Since we just reached the one-quarter mark of 2012, I thought it would be a good time to kick the feature back into gear. I’m not sure about you, but I love learning about the most popular purchases from the people that I consider my peers. Big newspaper top ten lists are great, but I think it’s even better to know the tastes of people that I consider similar to myself. Below are lists of cookbooks, e-cookbooks, kitchen equipment, and magazine subscriptions that have been most popular with Brown Eyed Baker readers over the last few months. The following is a compilation of the most purchased kitchen toys on Amazon, by the BEB community.

Most Popular Cookbooks

1. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking
2. The Bread Baker’s Apprentice
3. Baked Explorations
4. Baking Illustrated
5. The Perfect Scoop
6. Always on Sunday
7. Joy the Baker Cookbook
8. On a Stick!
9. Power Foods
10. The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook

Most Popular Kindle eBooks (Cookbooks)

1. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking

2. Norpro Stainless Steel Cannoli Forms
3. Progressive International Wood Freezer Pop Sticks
4. Wilton Cake Leveler
5. John Boos Block Board Cream with Beeswax
6. Wilton Disposable 12-inch Decorating Bags
7. Ateco 4-Piece Set of Standard Couplers
8. John Boos Mystery Oil (Butcher Block Oil)
9. Norpro 8-Piece Cake Decorating Set
10. OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
11. Progressive International Folding Mandoline Slicer
12. UltraBake Parchment Paper Sheets
13. Wilton Master Tip Set
14. Wilton 4-Piece Football Cookie Cutter Set

Most Popular Magazine Subscriptions

1. Cook’s Illustrated
2. Cooking Light
3. Everyday Food

What was the last cookbook or kitchen toy that you bought for yourself??

15 Responses to “Most Popular Cookbooks and Kitchen Equipment”

1. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on April 9, 2012 at 1:14 am

I just added the freezer pop maker into my amazon wishlist. I’ll buy it as soon as summer hits so I can make some awesome popsicles :)

The last cookbook that I bought was Joy the Baker’s cookbook. I absolutely love it and bookmarked at least a dozen recipes.

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks on April 9, 2012 at 2:12 am

I love this kind of post…see what everyone else likes to buy and read. I have about half of the cookbooks you listed and I love them. On a Stick (LOVE Matt…he’s awesome) and same with Joy. Great people who wrote great books!

Great gear/equipment list, too.

3. Jen on April 9, 2012 at 7:23 am

I just ordered a Bodum Bean iced French press for making iced coffee! So excited!

4. Ellie on April 9, 2012 at 7:55 am

I just purchased…..Chicago Metallic mini cheesecake pan. Made 2 flavors of mini cheesecakes for Sat night party, big hit. Would really like another one.

5. Cornelia Cree on April 9, 2012 at 8:06 am

My favorite is Cuisine at Home – NO ADS! I give it for gifts frequently. I’ve never had a bad recipe. The recipes in Cook’s are a bit uneven, but the kitchen tips and guides are the best. My favorite kitchen gadget (this year) is a metal hexagonal biscuit cutter that does 6 at a time. It means no wasted dough and you never over handle the dough either and make it tough.

I figured someone would ask me so here is the link. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hexagonal+biscuit+cutter&view=detail&id=53DED8FC7ABFE63D4C1155FD18315E1B44B524EC&first=0

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on April 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

Ohhh, I want to get The Bread Baker’s Apprentice book!!! Thanks for sharing your list!! Happy Monday to you!

7. bergamot on April 9, 2012 at 9:26 am

I bought many kitchen knick knack. I bought a julienne slicer from the Christmas Tree Shop and it is just amazing. And I am always on the lookout for such knick knacks whenever I go shopping. In terms of books, I just love David Lebovitz Just Desserts

8. Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables on April 9, 2012 at 9:27 am

I need those cannoli forms asap!

9. Dee on April 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

My parents got me a Kitchenaid Pro 5 Qt for my birthday and I took her out on her maiden voyage saturday for Easter treats. It ROCKS! I love it. The last cookbook I bought was a babycakes cookbook.

10. Maire on April 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

Mmmm, I’m wanting the cannoli forms, too! I did get an OXO mandoline and love it! My newest cookbook is the Essential Pepin, which I’ve been reading – it’s delicious.

11. Asiya on April 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

I recently bought The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook. I haven’t had much of a chance to make a lot from it but so far the recipes I’ve tried have been good!

12. Kirsten on April 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Thank you! I love to find new cookbooks!

13. Laurie Myers on April 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Last week I got Joy the Baker and Back in the Day Cookbooks. I am loving them both but especially the nostalgia of Back in the Day – would love to go to their bakery in Savannah!

14. Agos on April 9, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I got Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes. I haven’t made any of the cakes yet but I love it already!
    Nice post by the way, it’s always nice to find new cookbooks although I try not to have more than I can use hehe, but the temptation is hard to resist.

15. Bonnie on April 10, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I’m recommending The Buen Provecho Book (available on Amazon). GREAT authentic Mexican food from a cooking school teacher in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It’s a beautiful coffee table book, has great info about la cucina as the center of Mexican life, and lots and lots of wonderful, delicious recipes.