50 Best Citrus and Fruit-Based Recipes

Today is April 23rd. Today they are predicting large-ish amounts of snow for the Pittsburgh area through tonight. We saw virtually no snow all winter and had a full week of 80-degree weather in early March, so we’re getting our due, I suppose. As you know, I love, love, love snow storms and will embrace any opportunity to be snowed in, even if it comes just three days after I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. Maybe it’s Mother Nature’s way of mourning the Penguins’ early exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs this year? Shedding tears of snow? That must be it.

With snow in the forecast but summer looming, I thought today would be a great day to highlight some of the best citrus and fruit-based recipes on the site. Whether it’s fresh-squeezed lemonade, using limes for drinks or cupcakes, or gathering fresh-picked fruit from a local orchard and baking up pies, I’ve compiled a list to keep you busy all summer. All of the recipes play on the fresh ingredients available this time of year, and create wonderfully light and fresh desserts, perfect for the warm days ahead. Enjoy the list… I’m off to put on my snow boots…

1. Apple Cinnamon Bread

45. Skillet Apple Crisp
46. Southern Banana Pudding
47. Strawberry Mirror Cake
48. Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
49. Strawberry Tart
50. White Sangria

What is your favorite citrus or fruit recipe for the spring and summer months?

18 Responses to “50 Best Citrus and Fruit-Based Recipes”

1. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on April 23, 2012 at 2:04 am

I love fruit tarts! P.s. I live in NY and I think the weather forecast is identical to yours. Although, can’t complain because of the lack of winter we had!

2. Jolene on April 23, 2012 at 5:01 am

Anything with lemon is refreshing & summery! Must take a look at your lemon poppy seed muffins.. yum yum!

3. chinese food brisbane on April 23, 2012 at 6:47 am

This is one good collection, i don’t know from where to start! Thank you :)

4. Katrina on April 23, 2012 at 6:52 am

So much goodness here! Yum!

5. Lori on April 23, 2012 at 7:08 am

Michelle, I love your positive attitude. Thanks for compiling such a delicious list for at your finger tips recall. Just want to let you know that I have made those soft and chewy granola bars for the upteenth time. They have become a staple in my house. I stir in some ground flax seed and Tablespoon or two of soy nut butter, (because my eighteen year old is allergic to peanuts) and we are good to go. I only wish I had that recipe years ago when the kids had to bring snack to school. Have a great day and enjoy the snow.

• Michelle on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:01 am

Hi Lori, Aren’t those bars great?! I’ve been making them often too; they were perfect for our road trip to Florida last month! I love your adaptations; I have also added some peanut butter to mine, love them!

6. Catalina @ Cake with Love on April 23, 2012 at 7:53 am

All of them sound so delicious, cant decode which one to make first!

7. Marne on April 23, 2012 at 8:13 am

I’m going to try the rhubarb crumb cake to console myself over the Pens loss :-(. I learned I loved rhubarb last summer. It rocks in savory stuff too (I made a lentil soup with it that was a-mazing). Thank you!!!

8. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on April 23, 2012 at 8:37 am

Oh Michelle, I love all of these recipes! I am such a fruit person! I cant wait to find time to go through each one!! Oh I”m excited!!!

9. Tracey on April 23, 2012 at 10:32 am

Those raspberries are SO perfect! I can’t wait until they’re in season again. Good luck with the snow, it’s all rain here and we’ve had a ton!

10. Nancy @ CouponClippingCook on April 23, 2012 at 11:43 am

Another post of yours that I’m going to bookmark. The picture of the raspberries looks so pretty. Good luck with the snow.

11. Rena on April 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

You MUST try the strawberry tart from My Most Favorite Dessert Company Cookbook by Doris Schechter. It’s out of this world.

12. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on April 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm

What a fantastic assortment of fruity recipes! These all sound mighty delicious, Michelle. Thanks for sharing!

13. Ally on April 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Wow, loving the compilation of fruit recipes! Really getting me in the mood for summer baking. Thanks!
    xo

14. Ana on April 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm

No key lime pie?! Aww, come on! Well, everything on this list looks great to me. =) I’m not a huge strawberry dessert fan, but, somehow, a fresh strawberry pie is the BEST pie, in my book.

• Michelle on April 26th, 2012 at 12:12 am

I know, I know, blasphemy! Crazy that I don’t have one on the site yet, but I’m planning to make one in May or June, so be on the lookout!

15. meatballs & milkshakes on April 28, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Yum! Sounds delicious!

16. RisaG on May 7, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Thanks for all the great fruit-y recipes. Can’t wait to try a few.