Most Popular Cookbooks & Kitchen Equipment [Spring 2012]

Can you believe that this year is already halfway over?! I’m still pinching myself; I’m in total disbelief that it’s already July! You know what that means, though – another few months in the books means another quarterly edition of the most popular cookbooks and kitchen goodies around. As I mentioned before, I love learning about the most popular purchases from the people that I consider my peers. Big newspaper top ten lists are great, but I think it’s even better to know the tastes of people that I consider similar to myself. Below are lists of cookbooks, e-cookbooks, kitchen equipment, and magazine subscriptions that have been most popular with Brown Eyed Baker readers over the last three months. Hopefully you’ll find some new things to add to your with list! Happy Browsing!

Most Popular Cookbooks

1. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking
2. The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook
3. The Perfect Scoop
4. The Bread Baker’s Apprentice
5. Baking Illustrated
6. The Homesick Texan Cookbook
7. Power Foods
8. Baked Explorations
9. Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream
10. Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones

Most Popular Kindle eBooks (Cookbooks)

1. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking

9. Rubbermaid Servin’ Saver Deluxe Ice Cube Tray
10. Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat

Most Popular Magazine Subscriptions

1. Cook’s Illustrated
2. Cooking Light
3. Everyday Food

What was the last cookbook or kitchen toy that you bought for yourself??

15 Responses to “Most Popular Cookbooks & Kitchen Equipment [Spring 2012]”

1. IdaBaker on July 2, 2012 at 3:56 am

So many items for frozen treats. It’s great to see people are taking an interest in making these at home. It’s great for everyone.

2. Kristen on July 2, 2012 at 4:39 am

Oh man I need to get some of these ice cream cookbooks to help me with my ice cream maker.

3. Sues on July 2, 2012 at 7:33 am

Some of my very favorite books are on there! And now it’s time for me to purchase some new cooking equipment :)

4. Debra on July 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

My newest cookbook is The Cheesemongers Kitchen: Celebrating Cheese in 90 Recipes. It gives lots of great information on how to select and purchase quality cheeses, as well as suggested wine pairings and recipes.

My newest kitchen “toy” is an OXO Citrus Juicer – compact, easy to use and goes straight into the dishwasher!

Thanks for the lists – can’t wait to check some of these cookbooks out!

• Debra on July 2nd, 2012 at 11:28 am

I forgot to mention that my husband and I have finally got our blog up and running! This is a new adventure for us, so I would love for any of you to check it out and see what you think. Happy Monday!

5. Lisa @ The Cooking Bride on July 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

Last kitchen toy I bought myself was a food mill. Planning to use it this weekend to make tomato sauce. I am overrun with tomatoes!

6. b. on July 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

i couldn’t agree more with your ‘top’ lists!

i just bought the cupcake decorating set from bakeitpretty.com and was amazed at how it immediately transformed my cupcake decorating skills! my daughter thought i had purchased the cupcakes from a local bakery and was so impressed to learn i had done it myself…

7. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on July 2, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I always see you post versions of recipes from baking illustrated or cooks illustrated on here that look DELICIOUS so I think I may have to invest in those books :)

8. Gary on July 2, 2012 at 1:06 pm

My favorite new cookbooks are Cristina Marsigliese’s Scientifically Sweet, Flo Braker’s Sweet Miniatures and (another) Mario Batali one.

Favorite new kitchen toys are my KitchenAid pasta roller attachment and my thermocouple thermometer/alarm.

9. Agos on July 2, 2012 at 5:22 pm

That’s a lot of ice cream in there! I’m part of the trend though, I just got two pop molds that make 7 pops each. It’s winter here but they were so cute and cheap :P

10. Jess on July 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I live The Perfect Scoop, too! Plus, David Leibovitz is fun to follow On twitter. I also love Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream cookbook. Her recipes turn out fantastic every time with unique flavors.

11. Ellen on July 3, 2012 at 4:00 am

I just bought a Joy the Baker and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

12. RisaG on July 4, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I bought 3 cookbooks at a used book store on Monday – Turkish Cooking, The ’21″ Club Cookbook by Michael Lomanaco and a book by Melissa Clark on quick cooking. The latest kitchen gadget is my Ninja Pulse Kitchen System and boy is it wonderful. I don’t normally buy Made For Tv things but I saw this on QVC and trust their quality assurance so I bought it. It is wonderful. Everything works well. It came with all kinds of blades, mixing things, cannisters, food processor parts and it does so many things.

13. Candi on July 10, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I just bought ‘The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook, Sprinkle Bakes & Marshmallow Madness. :-)