The Weekend Dish: 7/21/2012

Happy weekend everyone! I hope you are spending a couple of days relaxing and enjoying life. It’s been a week, hasn’t it? Time to take a deep breath and embrace the good in front of us. I spent a large chunk of time in the kitchen this week and have discovered more than a few new favorite recipes that I hope you loved as well. Tonight, I’m doing one of my favorite things in Pittsburgh during the summer – going to a Pirates game at PNC Park on Fireworks Night. You can’t beat the view of the city and the fireworks are always spectacular. The rain has cleared the weather is back to being pleasant; it should be a great summer night! What are you up to this weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Hot Corn and Cheese Dip – A dip loaded with corn, red pepper, jalapeno and lots of cheeeeeese! Totally irresistible.

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – An awesome way to use up the zucchini bounty from your garden. I was skeptical of the combination with chocolate, but it couldn’t’ be more moist and delicious; tastes like chocolate cake!

Filled Raisin Cookies – An old, old recipe from my grandma’s recipe box. Soft, sponge-like cookies with a thick raisin filling. Amazing!

Cheddar, Jalapeño & Chive Biscuits – Mile-high flaky biscuits that are packed full of cheddar cheese, jalapeño and chives.

DIY: Homemade Klondike Bars - A completely from-scratch recreation of a favorite ice cream treat. The best part? Only 3 ingredients!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Granola Bars with Mango, Hazelnut & Ginger (Cookin’ Canuck)
Homemade granola bars are a staple snack, and I love this spin with mango and hazelnuts.

Monster Magic Cookie Bars (Something Swanky)
A spin on the popular seven-layer bars, using lots of delicious candy!

Peanut Butter Crunch Eclair Bars (Cookies & Cups)
Peanut butter anything gets my attention. These bars, in particular, look utterly amazing.

Raspberry-Dark Chocolate Banana Bread (RecipeBoy)
This is such fabulous idea! I’ve done banana bread with chocolate chips, but the addition of berries looks so scrumptious!

White Pizza Dip (How Sweet It Is)
I love pizza, all kinds of pizza. And I love dip. Needless to say, I would devour this all by myself in no time at all.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

10 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 7/21/2012”

1. Nicole on July 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm

What a delicious looking week! I’ve been wanting to try the corn dip for a while now. It looks super tasty. And the raisin cookies look what my grandma used to make at Christmas.
    I think the best think I ate this week was a salad. Crazy, right? We have a bottle of jalapeno honey mustard that we’ve been slathering on everything. We used some as a marinade for some grilled chicken, used some more as a base for salad dressing, then threw it all together in a BLT salad inspired by Sunny Anderson.
    I can’t wait to make it again because I want to eat it again, and also so I can snap some pictures.

2. Ashton @ Something Swanky on July 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Thanks for the link love :)

3. Kate on July 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I must try the cheddar jalapeno biscuits….I must admit that the corn dip really looks great, also!

4. caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy on July 21, 2012 at 9:11 pm

wow, what a fabulous looking week! i LOVE the klondike bar! oh my gosh, YES!

5. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on July 22, 2012 at 9:53 am

Great round up and I love the recipes you bookmarked this week!

6. Debra on July 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Three best things we ate at our house this week:

* the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for your website (made ALL the boys in my family squeal with delight! Making another batch as I type :)

* grilled steak with a traditional bordelaise sauce – my first attempt at making this French staple, and it was decadent.

* pulled pork tacos with mole sauce (happened to have some mole in the freezer leftover from our New Years celebration).

Now I’m drooling over the PB crunch eclairs you shared above…

Happy Sunday!

Eatsipswirl.com

7. shelly (cookies and cups) on July 23, 2012 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the linky love girl!
    Love your weekend dish posts :)

8. Kate on July 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

When I saw the recipe for the Double Chocolate Zucchini bread, I had to try it, to see if you could get our 2yr old daughter to eat some veggies (it still counts) So I baked this up yesterday, and sure enough not only did my husband, but our daughter loved it! She thinks it chocolate cake, we didn’t tell her that Zucchini was in it, but she ate it. I warned my husband not to eat all of it, it’s for the baby :) I’ve tried several of your recipes and they are all great! Thanks!!!

9. Debbie on July 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm

The white pizza dip looked so good, I had to make it for dinner. So last night, we overloaded on cheese and OMG! That was so delicious! I brought the left overs into work today and passed it all around.

I love so many of your recipes and I really appreciate the fact that you post the things you’ve bookmarked because I don’t have time to look at so many food blogs! It’s nice to have someone do the leg work for me!

Love your stuff!

10. Mare on December 4, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Trying the White Pizza dip tonight. In my house we love appetizer dinner night! Have a hunch this will become a family favorite. Thanks for sharing.