12 Favorite Apple Recipes

Can you believe it’s already September? More than a week into September, at that! September kick-starts one of my favorite seasons of the year, which means football, cooler temperatures, and… it’s National Apple Month! One of the things I’m looking forward to doing this year is visiting a local orchard to pick apples. I’ve never done it before, and I can’t wait to bake up some delicious goodies with fresh-picked apples. If you’re looking to do some apple baking this month, this list of my favorite apple recipes is sure to help you out!

1. Almond-Apple Crisp

2. Apple Cinnamon Bread

3. Apple Hand Pies

4. Apple Pie

5. Apple Pie Ice Cream

6. Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

7. Beer Waffles with Cinnamon-Caramel Apples

8. Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake

9. Dutch Apple Pie

10. Homemade Caramel Apples

11. Russian Grandmothers’ Apple Pie-Cake

12. Skillet Apple Crisp

Do you have a favorite apple recipe? Feel free to share it in the comments below!

19 Responses to “12 Favorite Apple Recipes”

1. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on September 10, 2012 at 3:58 am

Can not believe how fast fall got here!!! It’s bittersweet :) I wanna try out that skillet apple crisp…

2. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on September 10, 2012 at 6:08 am

I’d love a tasting of each one! :)

3. buttercream bakehouse on September 10, 2012 at 6:17 am

Thanks for offering to let your readers share their favorite apple recipes. I posted a few recently on my blog. Here is one that was a huge hit.http://www.buttercream-bakehouse.com/2012/09/apple-cookies.html

4. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on September 10, 2012 at 7:56 am

All your recipes look wonderful!! I just love apples!!! Now you have me excited to go apple picking!! Thank you for letting us share our favorite apple recipe. I’m such a breakfast person, so I thought I would share my cinnamon apple pancakes!! http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2012/02/20/cinnamon-apple-pancakes/

5. leslie on September 10, 2012 at 8:16 am

Ohhhh, that Dutch Apple Pie has my name written ALLLLLLL over it!

6. abigail gray on September 10, 2012 at 9:08 am

my favorite apple recipe is paula deen’s grandgirls fresh apple cake from georgia. you have never had a better apple cake in your life! it has apples, pecans, and coconut. after you bake it you make a buttermilk sauce and pour over the cake and let it soak in the pan for an hour. i am a pastry chef and it is my favorite cake.

7. icakepops on September 10, 2012 at 9:39 am

Those apple hand pies are perfect for a grab-n-go breakfast!

8. Anne-Marie on September 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Hello, I am wondering if you have a homemade caramel sauce recipe to suggest for the Caramel Apples. I would love to make these with my daughters and agree with your post in 2010 that a homemade sauce would be much better than the caramel bites. Thank you. Anne-Marie

9. Laura Dembowski on September 10, 2012 at 11:48 am

I love apples and apple desserts! I buy apples from local orchards all the time, but I have never picked them. They taste so much better than the ones you buy in the grocery store; it’s kind of amazing. Caramel Apple Walnut Cake is one of my favorite apple desserts, because cake soaked with caramel is always good. Here’s the link if you want to check it out: http://piesandplots.net/apple-pie-cake/

10. Holiday Baker Man on September 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

Fall is here!

11. Mia on September 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Such good timing! I got waaaay too carried away apple-picking with my friends this weekend. The local orchard had a buy-one-get-one special on pounds of apples. I already made an apple upside down cake using a recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. I think I want to try something breakfasty next…maybe Danish or overnight oats. Or both, since I still have a couple dozen apples.

12. Katie @ Blonde Ambition on September 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I’ve never been big on pumpkin, but apple-cinnamon is a fall flavor I can definitely get behind!

13. Ardex Sd P on September 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Just what I need for the next few months… thanks!!!

14. Lori on September 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm

My favorite apple recipe is from Taste of Home. It’s a caramel apple cake and it is delicious. Every time I bake it I’m asked for the recipe! Here’s the link http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Caramel-Apple-Cake

15. Julie @ Table for Two on September 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm

thank you for posting this! apples are on my to do list this weekend while the fiancĂ© is out of town so i can’t wait to get started :)

16. Chris on September 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

That Dutch Apple Pie looks soooo good. Love things with crumbly toppings!

17. Becky on September 15, 2012 at 10:08 am

You should so try the Skillet Apple pie from Southern Living! It is wonderful!!