20 New Favorite Recipes [Summer 2012]

This past weekend we made the official transition from summer to fall. The days are getting shorter, the air is getting crisper, and the food is getting warmer. I make so many new recipes over the course of a month, not to mention a season, that some are bound to fall through the cracks. Since January, I’ve gone back at the end of each season and put a little star next to the 20 recipes I made during that period that were especially memorable. Maybe you missed a few of them, or like to see which ones were my personal favorites; below are my favorite recipes from this past summer!

1. Baklava

2. Banana Split Ice Cream Cake

3. Beer-Battered Zucchini Fries

4. Blueberry Jam

5. Blueberry-Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake

6. Buckeye Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

7. Chocolate Cream Pie

8. Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars

9. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

10. Filled Raisin Cookies

11. Homemade Choco-Bliss Snack Cakes

12. Homemade Clif Bars (No-Bake!)

13. Homemade Klondike Bars

14. Hot Corn and Cheese Dip

15. Malted Milk Chocolate Chip, Peanut & Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies

16. Peach Coffee Cake

17. Potato Skins

18. Pretzel Dogs

19. S’mores Ice Cream

20. Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Buttercream

What was your favorite recipe from the summer??

13 Responses to “20 New Favorite Recipes [Summer 2012]”

1. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on September 24, 2012 at 1:22 am

The baklava and hot corn cheese dip are on my radar! Both look like they could be new faves of mine :)

2. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on September 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

Yum! I can see why there your new favorites! I won’t be able to narrow it down! Everything looks delish!!

3. thegoodiegirl on September 24, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ooo a pretzel dog is always a favorite for me, but I am a sucker for peanut butter chocolate – so those buckeye cookies and peanut butter cheesecake bars top my list!

4. Laura Dembowski on September 24, 2012 at 11:51 am

I’m so glad the peach coffee cake made it into your favorites. I have loved it for a few years now. I can’t wait to try the baklava. The best things I made this summer were your Blackberry Pie Bars and my Caramel Blondies (The link if you’re interested: http://piesandplots.net/caramel-blondies/) which are totally insane and perhaps the best thing I’ve ever made. Hopefully fall will bring tons more baking inspiration for everyone :)

5. Courtney @ Bake. Eat. Repeat. on September 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

How in the world did I miss the homemade Klondike bars the first time around? Those are so getting made this week!
    This year my favorite summer recipe was my mom’s old fashioned strawberry shortcake. But who am I kidding? Strawberry shortcake is my favorite recipe period. http://bakeeatrepeat.blogspot.com/2012/07/strawberry-shortcake-cottage-pudding.html

6. Christy @SweetandSavoring on September 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I’m loving this post! Especially have my eye on the hot corn and cheese dip, homemade clif bars, and beer battered zucchini fries. Thanks! :)

7. sally @ sallys baking addiction on September 24, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Those strawberry cupcakes with strawberry meringue definitely caught my eye again! On my football sunday baking list: beer battered zucchini fries! Love those Michelle :)

8. buttercream bakehouse on September 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I love the banana split ice cream cake. That sounds like heaven in a bite! Thanks for posting all of these great recipes.

9. Ali @ Gimme Some Oven on September 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Such a great group of recipes! Those homemade Klondike bars look stunning!

10. Holiday Baker Man on September 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Loving the ice cream cake!

11. Marchelle Greenlee on September 24, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Love the strawberry cupcakes! I’d been trying to come up with a good strawberry frosting for ages – the meringue is perfection!

12. Tasha @ Thatssoyummy on September 24, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Ph gosh that list looks soooo good, loving the chocolate pie :-)

13. restaurant supply gal on September 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I have enjoyed reading these posts throughout the summer. Thanks for sharing your wonderful and easy to make recipes.