The Weekend Dish 10/6/2012

Happy weekend folks! This has been a long week for me, so I’m definitely ready to kick back and do some relaxing. I’m also looking forward to my first hockey practice tomorrow night! Fingers crossed that I can walk on Monday ;-) I’m excited about getting into the full swing of autumn this month; I can’t believe that Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! I hope you had a fabulous week and that you have lots of great things going on this weekend!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

14 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes – A roundup of some of my favorite pumpkin recipes to kick off October baking!

Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie – A wonderful comfort meal that’s perfect for weeknight cooking.

Apple-Pecan Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Filling & Praline Frosting – One of the best fall desserts I’ve ever made! There are so many fantastic flavors and textures in this cake. I’m totally in love.

Maple-Walnut Ice Cream – A great ice cream recipe for the autumn season – perfectly balanced flavors and not too sweet.

Friday Stuff n’ Things – Tote bags, Madonna pictures, hockey equipment, fall colors and more!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like too:

Apple Fritter Cake (Cookies & Cups)
I discovered the wonder of apple fritter doughnuts earlier this year, so I can only imagine how crazy wonderful this cake is!

Bacon-Jalapeno Cheese Ball (Tracey’s Culinary Adventures)
I love cheese balls, but I had yet to see one with bacon. This makes all the sense in the world. I’d love to plow through a box of crackers with this baby!

Chocolate Cream Swiss Roll (Cooking By Moonlight)
I have such a soft spot for Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. This cake is a giant, grown-up (and homemade) version. I need to make this immediately.

Salted Caramel ‘Ding Dong’ Chocolate Cake (Portuguese Girl Cooks)
Another snack blast from the past! This cake is a serious show-stopper… I’m thinking of using it for my birthday cake next year since I can never make up my mind!

Snickers Macarons (Bakers Royale)
I’ll admit that I’m not sold on the macaron craze, but if any variety could change my mind, this would certainly be it! They’re genius!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish 10/6/2012”

1. Ellen on October 6, 2012 at 3:26 am

Best thing eaten? That would have to be a hot, salty giant pretzel baked and served with honey dijon and spicy ketchup at a local wine bar…a delicious weekend indeed;)

2. Jen M O on October 6, 2012 at 7:19 am

I booked marked Snickers Macarons by Bakers Royale too. Good luck at hockey. My daughter and son are both in hockey and it must be the most expensive game.

3. icakepops on October 6, 2012 at 7:19 am

The apple pecan spice cake just spoke volumes to me with its praline frosting!

4. shelly (cookies and cups) on October 6, 2012 at 7:42 am

Thanks for the share! Those Snickers Macarons are rocking my world!

5. Laura Dembowski on October 6, 2012 at 8:45 am

Good luck with hockey! Have a great weekend :)

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on October 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

Your recipes look great, still need to read your favorite pumpkin recipes!! have a great weekend!

7. Martha in KS on October 6, 2012 at 10:50 am

RE: Chocolate Cream Swiss Roll – when I was a kid, the local ice cream shop sold cake rolls with vanilla ice cream inside. What’s better than cake & ice cream together? I’m sure I only had them a few times, but this recipe brings back memories of those delicious cakes. Now I want to make one soon!

8. Ardex Sd P on October 6, 2012 at 11:07 am

Thanks for the share and the bookmarks… can’t wait to peruse!

9. Jessica @ Portuguese Girl Cooks on October 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Thanks for sharing and including me Michelle! Have a great weekend!

10. Hezzi-D on October 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Definitely my chili at the Market District chili cook-off today!

11. Nen on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving :) It arrived in Canada today. I enjoy reading your blog to see what food ideas you have.

12. Tracey on October 8, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hope you had a great weekend Michelle! Thanks so much for the shout-out :)

13. Melissa Borsey on October 8, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I looked up the Chocolate Swiss Roll-good luck to whomever attempts it! I can’t see myself ever getting that one right!