The Weekend Dish: 11/10/2012

Happy Weekend!

I hope everyone has had a great week and is off to a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I’m admittedly waaaaay behind on my holiday planning, and still need to get a Thanksgiving menu finalized! I have no idea how we’re already into double digits in November. I’m hoping to nail down the recipes and quantities this weekend and then start working ahead. Less than two weeks now! What are you making for the holiday?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

70 Thanksgiving Recipes – A roundup of all the Thanksgiving-worthy recipes on the site.

Bacon and Mushroom Potato Gratin – A potatoes au gratin casserole with cremini mushrooms, bacon and Gruyère. YUM!

Avalanche Bark – Part fudge, part Rice Krispies treat and part chocolate bark. Made with white chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows and mini chocolate chips!

Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls – A definite staple at any holiday dinner, I love these buttery, flavorful dinner rolls.

Friday Things – Puppies, nail polish, music, and more!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Emailed Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Facebook Share’d Post This Week: Apple Fritter Doughnuts

Most Tweeted Post This Week: 70 Thanksgiving Recipes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Baileys Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie (She Wears Many Hats)
I love the idea of stepping out of the traditional pumpkin and pecan pie ruts for Thanksgiving; plus, I’ll invent a holiday if it means getting to make this pie!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookies (Bake at 350)
Oh my goodness. Bridget is the queen of cut-out cookies, and these just blew my mind. Also, she made them for Jessica’s 30th birthday – how sweet is that?!

Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos (Eat, Live, Run)
I absolutely adore tacos, but haven’t ventured far beyond plain ol’ ground beef at home, so I’d love to give these a try.

Skillet Caramel Apple Pie (Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy)
This apple pie looks like the most fabulous dessert I’ve laid eyes on. A Thanksgiving must-make, for sure!

Vanilla Ice Cubes (Oh My Veggies)
This is incredibly simple, but one of the most genius things I’ve run across lately. Sweet, creamy, vanilla-speckled ice cubes. LOVE this idea!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 11/10/2012”

1. Andrea Jones on November 10, 2012 at 6:40 am

The best thing I ate this week was some Panera brand spinach artichoke greek yogurt dip I found on my grocery trip. So good! I am planning on trying the Bailey’s Salted Caramel chocolate pie for Thanksgiving. It looks amazing!

2. Kim C on November 10, 2012 at 7:48 am

The best I ate this week was your Roasted Butternut Squash with Warm Apple Cider Vinaigrette! My husband and I ate it last night for dinner and we both loved it! Thanks for sharing that. :)

3. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 10, 2012 at 8:38 am

Well? What did you decide? Are you getting a puppy? Do it!! Do it!! DO IT!!! Einstein needs a baby brother to play with and someone to keep him company when your not home. :)

All your recipes are wonderful this week and you bookmarked some good ones!!

• Michelle on November 10th, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Haha! Yes, I do think we’re going to get a 2nd dog, but we’re going to wait until the spring/early summer when we plan on moving.

4. little kitchie on November 10, 2012 at 9:46 am

making my husband an anniversary dinner tonight and making the cloverleaf rolls! i am so excited to try them!! :)

5. Robby on November 10, 2012 at 10:03 am

For another spectacular take on tacos, check out Smitten Kitchen’s Southwestern Pulled Brisket. I like to make it with a chuck roast for a richer beef flavor, but it is divine. Makes out of this world nachos, too.

6. bridget {bake at 350} on November 10, 2012 at 11:10 am

Oh, thanks for the shout-out, Michelle! The best thing I ate this week? Definitely those cookies. I’m so glad Jessica had a birthday. ;)

7. Terri on November 10, 2012 at 11:35 am

Hi and thanks for the link to 70 Thanksgiving day recipes. I so want to make your pillow cookies but have a question. If I roll up the short side my roll will be wide and I will only get 6 cookies per log so I think I need to roll starting with the long side so they are small and I get about 18 cookies per log. Is that right? All the recipes look great but I love any recipe that came from any ones grandma :) thanks and happy cooking!
    Terri

• Michelle on November 10th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Hi Terri, You want to roll the log starting with the long side, as you mentioned. I double checked the recipe, and that’s what’s indicated, but may not have been 100% clear. Enjoy the cookies!

8. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on November 10, 2012 at 11:38 am

The avalanche bark is next on my list to make!! Made your pumpkin blondies last week and …oh my word….to die for!

9. Cookin' Canuck on November 10, 2012 at 4:19 pm

That gratin looks beyond fantastic! Mushroom, bacon and potatoes sounds like the perfect combo to me.

10. Anita Schurg on November 10, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I just found you while browsing the web, and realized that in about 5 minutes I had already book marked about 30 of your recipes. I love to bake and create and I am super excited to try just about everything you have on your site. I am running low on supplies so I am going grocery shopping tomorrow to buy up all of the ingredients I’ll need. I cannot wait!

11. Vicki on November 18, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Made the stuffed mushrooms for the game and can’t wait to try them. Not sure if I’m looking forward to the PATS or the mushrooms more. Thanks for the recipe!