The Weekend Dish 11/24/2012

Thanksgiving has come and gone, yet we’re still an entire week away from December 1st! The holiday falling so early this year has thrown my schedule for a loop! It doesn’t matter what the calendar says, once Thanksgiving is in the books, I am ALL-IN for Christmas. Get the tree out, put up the lights, start shopping, pick out cards, watch Elf on repeat for days on end. You name it, I do it. Who else is getting into the holiday spirit this weekend? Any shopping, decorating, movie-watching or hot chocolate-sipping for you?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin – Brussels sprouts roasted with bacon, then baked up in a cream sauce with a bread crumb topping. This is a vegetable dish I can get behind!

Cranberry Ice Cream Pie – A fabulous, lighter alternative to all of the traditional pies adorning your Thanksgiving table. This would be great any time of year!

Turkey Tetrazzini – One of the best meals I’ve made in a really, really long time. If you still have turkey leftovers, you NEED to make this!

Happy Thanksgiving! – I hope you and your family had a fantastic holiday!

Friday Things – Deep-fried turkey, chocolate trains, Black Friday, Twinkies, and more!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Fresh Green Bean Casserole

Most Pinned Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Emailed Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Facebook Share’d Post This Week: Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Apple Cinnamon Crumble (Two Peas and Their Pod)
I can never pass up a good apple dessert, and crumbles are my favorite. Pass me the vanilla ice cream!

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pie (TidyMom)
Oh my goodness, if this tastes half as good as it looks and sounds, there’s no doubt that I will hoard the entire thing for myself!

Fig Walnut Tart (Attune Foods)
I adore the combination of figs and walnuts, and this sounds like a simple dessert that’s sure to impress.

Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin (Dandy Dishes)
I have yet to experiment with spaghetti squash and have been meaning to… I think cheese is a good starting point ;-)

Spiced Eggnog Cupcakes with Vanilla-Rum Swiss Buttercream (Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy)
These sound like every wonderful Christmas flavor rolled up into one cupcake. Delicious!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

12 Responses to “The Weekend Dish 11/24/2012”

1. little kitchie on November 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

i’ve been thinking about your brussels sprouts and bacon gratin for days! i’m still out of town but can’t wait to try it at home when i get back!

2. Mandy on November 24, 2012 at 11:22 am

I just want to say that everything I made from your site for Thanksgiving turned out wonderfully and will definitely become go-to recipes! I made the brussel sprouts gratin, frozen cranberry pie, and perfect mashed potatoes. You’re the best!!

• Mandy on November 24th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I forgot that I also made the chocolate cream pie with Oreo crust. Mmmm, soooo good! All of it was eaten and I didn’t get any leftovers. I think that’s why it slipped my mind. I’m already thinking of making it again for Christmas…

3. Amy on November 24, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I wanted to tell you that I made a couple of your Thansgiving side dishes this year……..Buttermilk biscuits, Perfect (and I DO mean PERFECT!!!) mashed potatoes, and your homemade gravy. They were fantastic and are going to be my go to staples for years to come! Thank you!!!!!!

4. Maria on November 24, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Yay for Christmas season! Thanks for featuring our Apple Cinnamon Crumble! xo

5. Jess @ OnSugarMountain on November 24, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I totes agree – just because Thanksgiving came early is no reason not to begin the holiday festivities. Actually, it gives us all an extra week of eggnog, peppermint, Christmas cookie goodness! I have pinned so many hoilday cookie recipes it would make your head spin heehee.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

6. Catalina @ Cake with Love on November 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

On the Macy’s parade, I actually live in NYC and I have never been to see it, so that its totally fine, you are NOT the only one!

7. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 25, 2012 at 7:51 am

I went out on Black Friday and did some shopping, but other then that, nothing to holidayish! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!!

8. Laura Dembowski on November 25, 2012 at 8:19 am

I am all about the holiday season already. Thanksgiving falling early just means more time to celebrate. The house if fully decorated and I love it.

9. Loretta E on November 25, 2012 at 9:33 am

We are headed home today, and I can’t wait to pull out the Christmas stuff! We’re even getting a real tree, which is essential. And this year, our daughter is old enough to know what’s going on. It’s going to be a blast!

10. Nancy Frakes on November 25, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Please start sending my email to nanlu4@aol.com.

Thank you!!