A Moment of Silence

Regular posts and the 12 Days of Giveaways will resume tomorrow on Brown Eyed Baker, but today, I am observing a moment of silence…

For all of the families that were directly affected by the Friday shooting in Connecticut…

For houses that are quieter today than they should be…

For people who saw things that they will never be able to forget…

For all of us, whose hearts ache and minds cannot comprehend how something like this could happen.

Today, we are quiet, and we remember…

35 Responses to “A Moment of Silence”

1. Rebecca Chouinard on December 17, 2012 at 1:29 am

Thank you for posting this.

2. Denise Corwint on December 17, 2012 at 2:00 am

I held my 5 year old grandson close today, and as I did I thanked God for that chance to have him in my arms, and to tell him I love him, and to hear him tell me he love’s me. I know that I am a very lucky one, and that I will never take that for granted again. I have been praying for all who were affected by this tragedy, that God’s loving army of angels will begin to heal their hearts. I will continue to pray for them and the saftey of all our children. God Bless and healing loving thoughts and prayers to all.

3. cathie l. on December 17, 2012 at 3:12 am

Thank you for respecting the families of the tragedy on friday. One blogger who I will not name asked her followers if she should keep blogging as usual or not. To my horror and shock they all pretty much said keep blogging because one day of not blogging won’t make a bit of difference and we need to move on. Wow such coldness. That she had to ask spoke volumes to me. There should be no question in this matter at all whether it’s your children or someone elses.

4. Sue Brailey on December 17, 2012 at 3:20 am

Beautifully done. Thank you for posting this.
    Sue Brailey

5. Joyce Mika on December 17, 2012 at 4:52 am

Thank you for the respect you show the families~ Bless you. Such tragedy deserves all the compassion.

6. Tammy on December 17, 2012 at 6:18 am

There are not enough words to describe the sorrow, but you have conveyed it beautifully.

7. Jennifer on December 17, 2012 at 6:49 am

Thank you.

8. Heather @ SugarDish(Me) on December 17, 2012 at 7:20 am

Thank you thank you thank you for this. I posted the image on my own page so that I could pass this on and wanted to thank you for your sentiment and thoughtful words. Bless you.

9. Lori on December 17, 2012 at 7:36 am

Michelle – Through your blog I know you to be kind and generous. Thank you for posting what so many of us are feeling.

10. Melissa on December 17, 2012 at 8:11 am

Thank you so much for posting this. You eloquently put into words what so many of us are feeling in our heart. I wish you and yours a safe and blessed holiday in return. God bless you.

11. Sylvia on December 17, 2012 at 8:42 am

In time, we will dwell less on this horrific tragedy, but the family of those beautiful children and adults killed last Friday will live with the horror every day for the rest of their lives. I doubt there will ever be real healing … they will just learn to get through each day. It is the least we can do as a country, and as caring people, to acknowledge, support and yes … grieve for those killed by this senseless act of evil. Thank you for suspending your blog out of respect. It was the right thing to do. We can’t simply ‘move on’ …

12. Robyn Jean on December 17, 2012 at 9:10 am

Thank-you for posting this. It is what should be for those families and those sweet children. God Bless them.

13. Judith on December 17, 2012 at 9:18 am

Thank you for posting your beautiful comments that most of us aren’t able to express so eloquently and respectfully. Our prayers continue . . .

14. Lisa on December 17, 2012 at 9:19 am

A beautiful and respectful post. Continued prayers. God bless us all.

15. Dana on December 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

As a mother of 2 first graders, I thank you for this post! I couldn’t image what the families may be feeling, but I do pray for them. Thank you!

16. Steph in Lex on December 17, 2012 at 11:08 am

After putting my 21-month-old son to bed on Friday night, I cried for all of the parents in Connecticut who will never be able to do that again.

Thanks for the post.

17. Fran@fransfavs.com on December 17, 2012 at 11:10 am

Beautifully said…I have been teary all weekend. I think of my children when they were young–in particular, my twin daughters who shared the same kindergarten class. I am heartbroken for the children, their teachers, and all the families. I hope the love and positive vibes being sent by the nation envelop them and get them through this some way, some how.

18. annie on December 17, 2012 at 11:18 am

Thank you for the beautiful post. Amidst all the bustle of holiday shopping and baking there is a deep sadness for this horrible tragedy to have happened.I grieve for all those families who lost a loved one.

19. Megan on December 17, 2012 at 11:45 am

I’m baking today. While my kids are at school. Cupcakes and cookies. Because right now measuring things is about all that makes sense. Thanks for posting.

20. Jenette Marie on December 17, 2012 at 11:45 am

Thank you for this post.

21. Jodi Pavlik on December 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Thank you for posting what so many of us are feeling.

22. Toni on December 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Thank you.

23. Susan Moss on December 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Such sweet words of comfort and remembrance…..

24. MollyCakes @ MollyCakesBakes on December 17, 2012 at 2:31 pm

So heartfelt and meaningful. I hope its okay Michelle, but I decided to post this on my blog and made sure to credit you. Thank you so much for support us nutmeggers in this time of tragedy.
    Much love,
    M

• Michelle on December 17th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Hi Molly, Of course. Thanks so much for spreading the love.

25. Amanda on December 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Thank you. Friday was far too tragic.

26. Mia on December 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm

So appropriate. May God bless everyone touched by this – especially those touched directly – and help us all to eventually find peace.

27. Jackie T on December 17, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Thank you for posting this. Sending thoughts and prayers to the families and friends affected by this tragedy.

28. Dorothea on December 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

Your caring and compassion shine through. We will pray, we will remember and we will love one another. Wishing you the blessings of this season of Christmas.

29. Kristen Snow on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 am

That is so beautiful and wonderful and thoughtful of you. Thank you for posting this. My heart aches for the mothers who lost their precious babies as well as everyone else who lost their children, brother or sister, mother, aunt and gradmas.

30. Erin Huie Mizell on December 18, 2012 at 11:57 am

Very respectful.

31. Christy on December 18, 2012 at 7:23 pm

So sad. So heart breaking. There aren’t any words strong enough to describe this horror. But we must continue to lean on the Lord. He will give comfort and strength.

32. The Doll Baker on December 18, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you for posting this, beautifully written. Wea re feeling the power of love and light here in Connecticut from so many wonderful people across the country and world. time, kindness, and love will help everyone heal. (((hugs))) ♥

33. GB on December 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much for posting this. I was trying to write something more to express my feelings, how saddened I am for the loss of these families but I can not find the words, nothing seems adequate.

34. Kristin Calise on December 20, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Hi Michelle,

Just wanted to say a special thank you for posting this. I live in Brookfield, CT and was actually in Newtown while this was going on. It has been so surreal seeing how our little town has been put on the map by this horrific trajedy. I truly appreciate you reaching out from your neck of the woods to mine with your blog and this post.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
    Kristin Calise