60 Healthy Recipes for 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe

No matter the year, no matter the circumstances, one thing is forever certain: January 1st ushers in resolutions by the truckload, and usually top among them is to lose weight, get healthy, get in shape, or something of that nature. It’s no secret that, as a general rule, I don’t eliminate anything from my diet. “Everything in moderation” is my mantra, but the start of the year is a great time to reset any bad habits you may have picked up over the holidays. Below are 60 recipes that are mostly¬†of the healthy variety to help you start 2013 on the right foot. Enjoy!

Appetizers/Snacks

56. Grilled Corn
57. Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw
58. Potato Salad with Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette

Breads

59. Hearty Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
60. Honey-Oatmeal Sandwich Bread

What are some of your favorite light recipes? Feel free to share them below!

15 Responses to “60 Healthy Recipes for 2013”

1. Ellen on January 2, 2013 at 4:01 am

These round-ups are simultaneously awesome and maddening-I’ll never make it through my to-make list now!
    As for favorite healthy stuff, or a good dose of veggies I do so love a pumpkin soup:

2. Madelein - mother of six on January 2, 2013 at 4:14 am

Just what I needed this post:-)
    My goal is to eat healthier this year

3. Miranda @ Biting Life on January 2, 2013 at 6:26 am

All of these recipes look so good! Thanks for posting them :)

4. Shirley@bells-bakery on January 2, 2013 at 8:12 am

Oooo going to give a few of these a go :)

5. Corrine on January 2, 2013 at 8:13 am

Happy 2013! My husband and I’ve just made a new year resolution to do more home-cooked meals and incorporate more seeds/whole grains in our diet. Your blog is fantastic and a constant inspiration to me. Thank u!!
    For a healthier breakfast spread, I rely on my home-made apple cranberry jam, reduced-sugar and high in anti-oxidants!

6. Heather @ SugarDish(Me) on January 2, 2013 at 10:02 am

I’ve only followed here for a little while so I’m really excited to have some place to start sorting through all your awesome recipes! I’m basically over the moon about that balsamic potato salad right now. My family begs me for this soup:
    Healthy AND slow cooker! Love it. Thanks for the list!!

7. Laura Dembowski on January 2, 2013 at 10:17 am

This is quite a list! It will definitely get the New Year off to a healthy start. My favorite healthy recipe is Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Onions. It is a vinegar based salad that my Granny used to make all the time. Now I make and eat it at least once a week for a super healthy side dish. http://piesandplots.net/cucumbers-tomatoes-and-onions/

8. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on January 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Wonderful recipes! I’m going to read them just before bedtime!!

9. Connie on January 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm

ahaaha just in time for new years resolutions!

10. Aikko @ Bake Happy on January 3, 2013 at 12:33 am

Banana-Nut Oat Bran Muffins sounds yummy, Michelle! Can’t wait to try it! :)

11. meghan on January 6, 2013 at 11:25 am

You are such an inspiration. I am not kidding when I say I want to cook my way through this list of yours. Even though I am a beginner and every new recipe is a big challenge for me, I try as hard as I can to surprise my friends. I just recently bought a book called Healthy Family Cookbook full of recipes offering advice on how to make your meals healthier so I think I’ll now be able to accumulate some enriching experience while preparing meals that are not only delicious but also healthy. After the holiday season that’s what all of us need. :)

12. Sonia on January 7, 2013 at 3:31 pm

These are certainly such wonderful resources. I would love to try to make homemade clif bars for my kids, thanks for the recipe.

13. Jackie S on January 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

I was so happy to come across this list! I have to tell you I am thrilled that MUFFINS have their very own section! I am quite excited to give these a try. I am quite health conscious and always looking for new ways to drop some weight. I have quite a few friends who are gluten intolerant and have opened my eyes to the world of gluten free cooking and I am always looking for new recipes! I would highly recommend the website http://www.ninacucina.com/. I recently purchased her book, Nina Cucina: Your Healthy Gourmet and I have become addicted to gluten free recipes! I am not a great cook but I found this book (and website) so informative and so easy to follow. For every single recipe the author, Nina Pucillo, gives the nutritional value of each dish and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the dish. All of the dishes featured in the book are totally gluten-free and Nina has included many recipes that are dairy-free too! Thanks for sharing! I hope my suggestion helps too! :)

14. Soft Cut Saws on January 14, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I don’t do diets… I am, however, trying to be a healthier person this year. Step 1– MORE FRUITS!!

15. Markita Fenlon on June 22, 2013 at 9:55 am

i always look for healthy recipes because i am very conscious with my own health and my kids..;^*

Our favorite blog site http://healthmedicine.coba