The Weekend Dish: 3/2/2013

Happy Saturday! I hope you’ve all had a great week and are in for a fabulous weekend. I’ve spent my week shuffling from couch to couch, drinking juice and mint ginger ale, and feeling pretty darn miserable. I hope a full weekend of rest will knock this sickness out of me for good! Needless to say, I don’t have any big plans for the next couple of days, so I’ll just live vicariously through all of you! What are you up to this weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Gobs (a.k.a. Whoopie Pies) – Whether you call them gobs or whoopie pies, there’s no denying how delicious these cookie sandwiches are!

Gobs (a.k.a. Whoopie Pies)

Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake – A lovely punch of citrus in wonderful loaf cake with a texture that is a cross between a sponge cake and a pound cake.

Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake

Sesame Chicken – I’m loving recreating Chinese take-out favorites at home, and this sesame chicken is definitely going to be a menu staple.

Sesame Chicken

Macadamia Nut, Coconut & White Chocolate Blondies – I found a bulk bin of macadamia nuts and decided to pair them with coconut and white chocolate – some tropical flavors to bright up the lingering winter!

Macadamia Nut, Coconut & White Chocolate Blondies

Friday Things – Sick time, the Oscars, new nail polish and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake

Most Emailed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Sesame Chicken

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Homemade Samoas Girl Scout Cookies (Just a Taste)
Samoas have always been my favorite Girl Scout cookie; if I make them at home I might just eat the entire batch!

Irish Cream Hot Fudge Cupcakes (Sprinkle Bakes)
These are some seriously fabulous cupcakes! I wish I had one sitting in front of me right now.

Queso Blanco Pull-Apart Bread (Evil Shenanigans)
I have an insane weakness for cheesy bread. Love the spicy twist to this one!

Snickers and Brownie Pavlova (Bakers Royale)
This might be the most amazing pavlova I’ve ever seen! Right up my alley.

The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls (Roxana’s Home Baking)
I’m always happy to try new dinner rolls; they’re the best part of holiday meals! ;-)

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

12 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 3/2/2013”

1. Ellen on March 2, 2013 at 2:43 am

Making use of seasonal fruit-blood oranges-to make cocktails was the tastiest thing for me this week:

And I’m sorta hoping those Irish car bomb cupcakes of yours might be next week’s tasty thing…

2. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 2, 2013 at 6:56 am

You poor thing! I hope you get to feeling better soon! This cold of yours sounds like it’s not letting go. Get some rest today! Lay on the couch with Einstein and watch movies!

Your recipes were fab this week! Love what you booked this week!

3. Penny Wolf on March 2, 2013 at 6:58 am

The best thing that I ate were these amber ale hotdog buns that I made from evil shenanigans.
    They were a snap to put together but I did have some trouble forming the buns (soft dough). The flavor and texture of this bread is wonderful!!
    This could be a regular at our house.No waiting for a holiday here.

4. Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste on March 2, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thanks so much for including a shout-out to my Homemade Samoas! I hope you enjoy them!

5. Letícia Batista on March 2, 2013 at 9:17 am

I do hope you feel better by now! =)
    The best things I ate this weekend were thanks to you! This sesame chicken of your is simply amazing! My husband and I had a lot of fun preparing and eating it. And I have just took out of the oven a batch of the Chewy, fudge triple-chocolate brownies – d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! Actually I made them in cupcake cups (because I love everything in small cute bites) and I’m planning on icing them with whipped cream (to add some vanilla cream, instead of the ice cream) as soon as they are cool. I think they will be cute and delicious.
    Thanks a lot for sharing these amazing recipes with us! Have a great week!

6. Germaine on March 2, 2013 at 9:34 am

Hope you get better.. best thing I found to have was Chicken soup don’t know if you have the “Lipton” brand there but that is what I have when I’m not feeling well and it works. Our plans this weekend is a trip to cottage, weather is been good here in northern Alberta, also celebrating our one year anniversary of being together. I love yo do your Chinese chicken dish this week and I may whip up those macadamia nuts Blondies if I can find the nuts today, the boyfriend loves them.. Anyways get better soon..
    Germaine

7. Maria on March 2, 2013 at 10:33 am

Hope you feel better soon. The bug traveling around knocked me out for two weeks!

8. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 2, 2013 at 11:01 am

Hope you get better this weekend! My weekend revolves mostly around kids’ baseball practice, basketball games, but we are going to check out the Saint Mary’s College last home game tonight. I will get some cooking in as usual — I want to try a pulled pork recipe. I’m going to try your Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake real soon! The best thing I ate this week was a fresh tuna nicoise salad, complete with capers, nicoise olives, haricot verts, etc. It was so tasty!

9. Kristie@SimplySavvyRecipes on March 2, 2013 at 11:05 am

Your recipes look so yummy! And your pictures are just beautiful! I put a few of your recipes from this week on my “to make” list.

10. Molly_Bakelette on March 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I hope you feel better! Drink some EmergenC and rest up!
    I am intrigued by this “mint ginger ale”, I really want to try some!
    Also I saw that snickers pavalova on interest, Oh My its BEA-U-TIFUL!

11. Laura Dembowski on March 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I’m in for a boring weekend too. It’s way to cold to want to leave the house. But it looks like things are going to start to warm up and the sun is even going to come out. I think I forgot what it looks like ;)

12. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking on March 2, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Hope you’re feeling better Michelle. Thank you for including my dinner rolls in your round-up, hope you give them a try soon.