The Weekend Dish: 3/9/2013

Happy weekend, everyone! I can’t believe that we’re already changing the clocks tonight and springing ahead an hour! I’ll gladly welcome an extra hour of daylight and sunshine! It must be that time of year, because I’m getting a serious itch to do some spring cleaning. From purging my closet to rearranging my Pinterest boards,  I’ve definitely been bitten by the organization bug. Do you have any spring projects that you’re planning to tackle soon?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Chocolate Truffle Cookies – Rich, chocolate-packed cookies with a shiny, crackly crust that will make you think you’re reaching for a brownie.

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

Sausage-Cheddar Biscuits – Light and tender buttermilk biscuits are stuffed with breakfast sausage and tons of cheddar cheese. A perfect breakfast!

Sausage-Cheddar Biscuits

Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnuts – Yeast doughnuts are friend to perfection and then filled with a pastry cream that has been lightened up with fresh whipped cream.

Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnuts

19 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes – A roundup of festive recipes for St. Patrick’s Day next weekend!

19 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

Friday Things – Snow in March, tote bags, a pup birthday, a new TV show, and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Chocolate Truffle Cookies

Most Emailed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Guinness-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Banana Cupcakes with Bourbon Butterscotch Filling and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting (Bakers Royale)
Could that description get any better?! I wish these were in front of me right now!

Dark Chocolate Vanilla Bean Marshmallow Cake (The Novice Chef)
I am dying over this cake, and I think it just made the short list for potential birthday cake. Heavenly!

Gruyere-Rosemary Beer Bread (Girl Versus Dough)
I love quick beer breads, and especially love this herbed twist with Gruyere. I could go for a thick slice with a bowl of stew.

Oatmeal Cream Pies (Cooking Classy)
I was totally a Little Debbie girl when given the chance to pick a packaged snack, so I’m thrilled at the idea of making some homemade oatmeal cream pies.

Sliced Pretzel Bread (Seeded At The Table)
The evolution of pretzel breads, buns and rolls over the last year or so makes me insanely happy. I need to make a batch; this bread looks amazing!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 3/9/2013”

1. Ellen on March 9, 2013 at 4:01 am

Oh those chocolate cookies! Dang they look good. Best thing I ate this week was probably just some straight up whole wheat toast and butter. Sometimes simple is all I need…

2. Samantha on March 9, 2013 at 7:55 am

For some reason, the bookmark about Oatmeal Pies sent me into like a five minute flashback of being in elementary through high school and getting annoyed when they only had Oatmeal Pies and no regular chocolate chip cookies. First world problems, I suppose. ;) I saw your doughnut recipe earlier this week, and it looks AMAZING, and I don’t even like doughnuts that much. Yum.

Have a good weekend! I am so ready for daylight savings as well.

3. Nikki @Seeded at the Table on March 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

Thanks for the link, girly! Happy weekend!

4. Kathy on March 9, 2013 at 10:28 am

I saw the sliced pretzel bread earlier this week and now I want to make immediately!

5. Holiday Baker Man on March 9, 2013 at 11:41 am

Thanks for the great posts this week!

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Yum! You had an awesome week and you cook marked so fab recipes! I can’t wait to get cooking today! Have a great weekend!

7. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 9, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I’m working on organizing my house, my recipes, my life. I feel like I’m a bit behind these days. We’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with family early this year, so I’m making my Irish soda bread, corned beef, mashed potatoes, etc. tomorrow. I’m excited, I love this meal! Best thing I ate this week was Thin Mint Ice Cream Brownie Cupcakes. Yum. Can’t wait to make your Chocolate Truffle cookies!

8. Laura Dembowski on March 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm

When I was a kid, I used to hate changing the clocks but now I’m so excited it will be light out later. Of course I also used to wish for snow so I could have a snow day and think I’d live in Michigan forever. Now all I do is think about warm weather and moving to California. Go figure!

9. Bee on March 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Those carbomb cupcakes are coming to my life this weekend– I’m excited to see how they come out! (Or just down the rest of the whiskey if they’re horrible. :3 )

10. Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness on March 10, 2013 at 9:15 am

I love your Irish car bomb cupcakes, as does everyone who gets to try them when I bring them to work or we have people over. :)

11. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough on March 10, 2013 at 11:20 am

Thanks for sharing the link to my post, lady! :) Also, can you mail me some of those vanilla cream filled doughnuts? Kthanksbye.

12. Marcia Drake on March 11, 2013 at 8:35 am

Best thing I ate this week was my daughter’s chicken enchilladas and my other daughter’s Mexican cobb salad that they prepared for my birthday dinner. I made the Irish car bomb cupcakes for a get together Saturday and shared the extras with my family yesterday and they were a super big hit. Took me longer than an hour to prepare them but now that I’ve done it once, the next time will be so much easier. Looking forward to what you post this week.

13. Laura Delos Santos on March 14, 2013 at 10:39 am

I made the Dark Chocolate Vanilla Bean Marshmallow cake last night. It was sooooooo chocolatey and moist….YUM!