The Weekend Dish: 3/16/2013

Happy Saturday! Does springing forward leave your sleep schedule as out of whack as it does mine? For a few days after changing the clock, I was wide awake at night, but unable to drag my sorry self out of bed in the morning. I’m slowly getting myself back to a normal routine. Today, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I are out hitting the pavement doing the house hunting thing. Fingers crossed that we see something that knocks our socks off! If you’re out celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, have fun and be safe!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Mango-Pineapple Salsa – A totally refreshing salsa recipe with a little bit of a kick; a perfect way to welcome in the extra hour of sunlight!

Mango-Pineapple Salsa

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – This takes literally 5 minutes to make and tastes amazing. Great for St. Patrick’s Day, the holidays or a hostess gift.

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

Guinness Beef Stew – A fabulous beef stew accented by a rich Guinness-spiked sauce.

Guinness Beef Stew

Grasshopper Pie – It tastes just like an Andes mint! This pie is packed full of chocolate and mint flavors.

Grasshopper Pie

Friday Things – Mangoes, spring cleaning, Einstein at the vet, and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Emailed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Carrot Cake Bars (Cooking Classy)
I love carrot cake; if it’s on a dessert menu, there’s a 95% chance that I’ll order it. I love this easier version of cake in bar form!

Fried Ravioli with Cheesy Marinara Dipping Sauce (Channeling Contessa)
This is one of the best appetizers ever invented and I haven’t had it in ages. Looking forward to making it myself… yum!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcakes (Bakers Royale)
I only have a couple more weeks of Lent (and my peanut butter sacrifice) and then I’m diving head-first into these cupcakes. So much peanut butter!

Reuben Egg Rolls and Thousand Island Dipping Sauce (Foodie with Family)
This reuben-in-an-egg roll is a fabulous idea; it looks amazing and I’m certain they taste even better.

Speckled Egg Cake (The Cake Blog)
This would make a beautiful cake for Easter dessert!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 3/16/2013”

1. Nicole on March 16, 2013 at 12:15 am

Thank you for the post on making Bailey’s. My husband loves Bailey’s, but can’t have dairy and your post inspired me to search for vegan Bailey’s recipe. I found one that uses coconut milk and made it tonight. It tastes amazing!

2. Holiday Baker Man on March 16, 2013 at 1:12 am

I liked the speckled cake too!

3. Carrie (The Cake Blog) on March 16, 2013 at 6:43 am

Thank you for the mention! I have bookmarked many of your recipes over the years as well! Happy Weekend!

4. Penny on March 16, 2013 at 7:02 am

Mmm I love the speckled cake but with a malted filling!

5. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 16, 2013 at 8:26 am

I don’t know what it is about the changing the clocks this time around? I have been messed up all week, and to top it I am either sick or have allergies, either way I don’t like it!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

6. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 16, 2013 at 10:42 am

Changing the clocks has been bad for me. I just can’t seem to get out of bed anymore! I have been battling allergies and a sinus thing for a week now, so that hasn’t helped for sure! The best thing I ate this week was Apricot Orange Irish Soda bread and Stuffed Chocolate Malt Cookie Dough Truffles. It was a good week in the kitchen! I’ve got to try your Grasshopper Pie and those carrot bars! Have a great St. Patrick’s Day weekend!

7. Ellen on March 16, 2013 at 11:51 am

Oh that tasty looking Bailey’s! Tastiest thing I ate/s
    Drank last week was some chocolate cake a friend made and a drink I invented that I’d sort of a variation on the Negroni:

8. Sarah on March 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for including our fried ravioli! You’ll have to give it a try!

9. Laura Dembowski on March 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Those carrot cake bars look great! I can see why you bookmarked them.

10. Dana on March 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Happy house hunting! May you find a house with a super nice kitchen and a big yard for Einstein! I am still amazed at you giving up peanut butter for Lent. I could never do it…

11. cupcake girl on March 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm

HI just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. Its bloggers nominating/aprecitaing other blogs award. :)
    My Cupcake Habit Vb POST.

12. Jodi Pavlik on March 18, 2013 at 7:52 am

Since the time change I have found myself staying up late reading and then not being able to get up in the morning, ugh!! Good luck on the house hunt!

13. Bernadette @ Now Stir It Up on March 18, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Good luck on the house hunting!!