The Weekend Dish: 3/23/2013

Happy Saturday! It’s been a whirlwind week around these parts… house hunting, house offers, house inspections, oh my! Not only that, but next week is Easter and apparently we’re supposed to be getting “significant snow accumulation” on my birthday, which is Monday. I cannot remember it snowing on my birthday, ever! What the heck?! I’m starting to think that I’m living inside of a Game of Thrones episode where winter lasts years instead of months. I hope you have sunnier weather where you live!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Popovers – I loved these puffy little pastries, plus they only take five minutes to mix together!

Popovers

Zeppole – Delicious Italian fried doughnut holes, made on March 19th to celebrate St. Joseph’s Day.

Zeppole Recipe

Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes – With a dried ladyfingers crust and espresso and Kahlua spiked cheesecake, these have all the fabulous flavors of tiramisu.

Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes

135 Favorite Easter Recipes – A roundup of some of my favorite spring recipes for the Easter holiday.

135 Favorite Easter Recipes

Friday Things – Toasted marshmallow frosting, a house, Golden Girls cookies and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes

Most Emailed Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Easter Nests (The Novice Chef)
I love baking with coconut during the spring and these cupcakes are perfect for the Easter holiday!

Eggplant Parmesan (Table for Two)
My Chief Culinary Consultant’s dad makes an awesome eggplant parm, but I’ve never made one myself. This one looks so cheesy and amazing!

Oreo Icebox Cake (Cookies and Cups)
Icebox cakes always remind me of my grandma, and I love the idea of using Oreo cookies instead of graham crackers.

Salted Dark Chocolate Cupcakes (Gimme Some Oven)
I’ve never seen such beautiful cupcakes! I’ll take at least two, please!

Upside-Down Blood Orange Cake (Bakers Royale)
This cake is an absolutely gorgeous way to showcase blood oranges. A perfect winter citrus dessert.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 3/23/2013”

1. Ellen on March 23, 2013 at 4:40 am

Best thing? It’s a toss up, either the pumpkin black and white cookies I finally got around to making from the Joy the Baker cookbook, or the portabellas with an amazing pepper sauce I had at this place called Short Order…

2. barbara on March 23, 2013 at 6:34 am

IN ALABAMA TODAY SEVERE WEATHER IS ON REPORT. SEVERE STARTING AFTER LUNCH. MABE THEY WILL MAKE A MISTAKE. GOT ONE DOG HATES BAD WEATHER. SEEMS LIKE EVEN THE CATS HATE ALL THE LIGHTEN AND THUNDER. EVERYBODY HAD RATHER CUDDLE WITH MAMA. WILL GET MY HUMMINGBIRD IN OVEN BEFORE IT ALL STARTS, AND PUT MY LASAGNA TOGETHER AS I GOT THE SAUCE COOKED YESTERDAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END AND MAYBE THE SNOW WILL PASS YOU AND GO SEE OTHERS.

3. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 23, 2013 at 8:27 am

Happy early birthday! Have fun with the whole house thing! Just think you will be moved in and getting all set-up soon! Congrats!!

4. Katy on March 23, 2013 at 9:34 am

I’m tired of the cold weather here in east Tennessee too – shouldn’t it be warm and sunny and spring-like by now?? Ugh. Anyway. We are in the first-time house-buying process too – we did our inspection on Wednesday and learned SO MUCH about our new home (and brainstormed ideas for painting, furniture placement, etc.)!! Isn’t it exciting? And I’m totally bookmarking those salted dark chocolate cupcakes. YUM.

5. Emily on March 23, 2013 at 9:54 am

Made your fabulous Meyers Lemon bread this week and it definately was the best thing I’ve eaten all week. Good luck with the house!

6. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 23, 2013 at 10:33 am

I experienced the best food ever at a restaurant in Monterey, CA called Montrio Bistro. Everything was the best I’d ever had from the braised short rib with spinach gnocci, lobster ravioli, fried calamari steak, pesto rubbed steak, and apple jelly donuts with cranberry compote and oatmeal cookie ice cream! It looks like I ate up the restaurant, but many were small plates we shared. Incredible food! Hope you have a fun pre-birthday weekend, Michelle!

7. Linda on March 23, 2013 at 10:37 am

An old recipe for buttermilk pie.

8. Kristen Ann on March 23, 2013 at 12:58 pm

My husband and I have been complaining about this weather too. Its partly sunny here but Mondays forecast is snow. Enough already. The best thing I ate this week is a artichoke parsley walnut pesto with pasta. Yummy. I am planning on making the Tiramisu Cheesecake this weekend. I love the individual size portions. There so cute and makes it easy to freeze.

9. Kristen Ann on March 23, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Just put my Tiramisu Cheesecakes in the oven. While putting the batter into the muffin pan I got some on my fingers and thought I would lick it off so I could taste it. Oh its so good. I can’t wait to eat one later. Thank you for the recipe Michelle.

10. Kathy on March 23, 2013 at 8:01 pm

The best thing I had this week was a Lemon Berry Trifle. It tastes like spring in a bowl. I keep going to the fridge to sneak little bites of it!

11. Martha in KS on March 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm

We’ve already got a couple inches of snow here in Kansas City and it’s still coming down. I’m sending it your way. Happy Birthday!

12. Marie @ Little Kitchie on March 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Happy early birthday! I also bookmarked and made that eggplant parm from Table or Two… it was incredible!!!

13. Laura Dembowski on March 24, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Happy early birthday, Michelle:) The weather is pretty yucky here but the snow is thankfully missing us this time. Bring on spring!