The Weekend Dish: 4/6/2013

Happy weekend to you!

The sun is shining here, and it looks like spring has actually sprung. Finally! The couple of months between Easter and Memorial Day always seem like a time to slow down, catch a breath and reset. We’ve gone from the holidays to Super Bowl parties to Valentine’s Day to St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and Easter… throw a few birthdays into the mix and you have a very full few months. I’ll definitely be spending the next few weeks doing some serious cleaning and purging in anticipation of my upcoming move. What are you up to this weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Soft and Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies – It may be spring, but the cold weather had me craving some warm, spiced molasses cookies and these totally hit the spot.

Soft and Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies

Buttery Honey Beer Bread – A slightly sweet beer bread with a fabulous buttery crust – delicious by itself or slathered with butter.

Buttery Honey Beer Bread

Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake – A quick and easy dessert that layers double stuff Oreo cookies, cheesecake pudding and Cool Whip.

Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake

Malted Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Brittle & Milk Chocolate Chunks – This title speaks for itself, and the ice cream is just as heavenly as it sounds!

Malted Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Brittle & Milk Chocolate Chunks

Friday Things – Easter baskets, foodie wrapping paper, cupcake fails, puppies in pajamas, and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake

Most Emailed Post This Week: No-Bake Banana Split Dessert

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: No-Bake Banana Split Dessert

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Buttery Honey Beer Bread

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Apricot Cream Cheese Babka (Technicolor Kitchen)
I have only made a chocolate babka, but this version looks so light and refreshing; perfect for spring and summer!

Chocolate Pound Cake (Tutti Dolci)
I adore a good pound cake, but have surprisingly never made a chocolate version. This cake is the prodding I need.

Elvis Cupcakes (Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
Banana, peanut butter and bacon… seriously amazing cupcakes!

Fried Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwiches (bell’ alimento)
I have such a weakness for fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and basil. I’d love to devour one of these sandwiches for lunch!

Pineapple Banana Hummingbird Loaf (TidyMom)
As soon as I made hummingbird cupcakes, they were one of my favorite flavor combinations. I love this loaf cake version.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

12 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 4/6/2013”

1. Hari Chandana on April 6, 2013 at 12:15 am

Wonderful recipes.. :)

2. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on April 6, 2013 at 12:22 am

I want to try that hummingbird loaf!

3. Ellen on April 6, 2013 at 4:20 am

It’s a work-ish weekend for me-auditions and class-but I am thinking there may be the to make cookies!

4. Laura Dembowski on April 6, 2013 at 8:46 am

I sure hope spring kivks into gear soon! I’m getting my hair done this weekend – a few new highlights will make me feel better :)

5. Obsessive Compulsive Baking Disorder on April 6, 2013 at 8:59 am

What a great post!

I love love love Hummingbird Cake, even more than carrot cake
    My favorite recipe here has to be the malted vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate, what a combination! I have never seen such a flavour in parlour before, can’t wait til the UK gets warmer so I can start making ice cream again.

Thanks for sharing
    Leah x x

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on April 6, 2013 at 9:41 am

I got a lot going on this weekend and my first priority is making your molasses cookies! I can’t wait! Have a wonderful weekend!

7. Paula - bell'alimento on April 6, 2013 at 9:58 am

I have a weakness for soft and chewy cookies. Those look de-lish! Thanks for including my Mozzarella & Prosciutto sandwich! xoox

8. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on April 6, 2013 at 11:31 am

Thanks for including my pound cake! I can’t wait to try your ice cream… still dreaming of those flavors together!

9. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on April 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Your Oreo Cheesecake Icebox cake is one of the best things I’ve seen this week hands down. I saw that Pineapple Banana Hummingbird Loaf and I’m really wanting to make that soon! The best thing I ate this week is probably Raspberry Coconut Baked French Toast. I ate it 3 days in a row! Have a great weekend.

10. Pina on April 6, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Spring cleaning, washed windows and curtains in living room this morning. Will try to do one room every weekend.
    I just went on the laptop to get the Italian meatballs recipe, it’s been an hour and supper still not started. Love reading your posts. Thanks! Have a great weekend.

11. Jenny on April 7, 2013 at 6:29 pm

My son would love the Oreo cheesecake. I will have to definitely give it a try.

12. Patricia Scarpin on April 8, 2013 at 7:19 am

Thank you for the shout out, Michelle! I hope you try the babka, it was a hit with my family! xx