Friday Things

Frozen Four Championship Game

1. I enjoyed a very sports-tastic weekend last week. You might remember that last week I mentioned my Chief Culinary Consultant and I had gone to the semifinals of the Frozen Four. On Saturday night, we went back to watch the championship game… it was a great game and really a lot of fun to see an NCAA championship game – there was confetti and everything!

2. That was followed up by watching The Masters on Sunday, which was just about as exciting as golf gets! I love all of the pomp and circumstance of The Masters – the tradition, the green jacket, the picture-perfect landscaping. Going to Augusta National to watch The Masters is definitely on my bucket list.

3. On Wednesday night, I ate an enormous amount of leftover over loaded baked potato dip as my dinner. I did not regret my decision.

4. Speaking of food, I had my very first soft serve cone of the season last night. I’ve been craving it since the local shops opened up a few weeks ago and after temperatures in the 80′s yesterday, I had to have it. A waffle cone with vanilla and sprinkles hit the spot!

5. I got my toes spruced up and ready for spring this week. They’re sporting Essie Madison Ave Hue. What’s your favorite spring polish color?

6. Einstein also got himself cleaning up for spring – he got a bath and a haircut, and he’s back to being my soft, fluffy, snuggly dog (instead of a total ball of matted grease!). He celebrated by taking a very long nap.

7. This week, I started golf lessons! My BFF and I signed up for a group class with a female instructor and I loved the first session. We went over a lot of basics – how to grip the club, the stance, the swinging motion, etc. Next week we actually get to try to hit balls, can’t wait!

8. My two new favorite cookbooks: The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook and Flour. The Dahlia Bakery is located in Seattle and Flour is located in Boston; their respective cookbooks are amazing. They definitely deserve a spot on your bookshelf!

9. Reminder! I am giving away a $250 Anthropologie gift card and the giveaway ends tonight! Be sure to get your entries in! Good Luck! :)

10. TGIF! I hope you get to relax with a buddy this weekend!

From CuteStuff.com

From CuteStuff.com

21 Responses to “Friday Things”

1. Tieghan on April 19, 2013 at 12:09 am

I loved this whole post, but my very favorite part is the picture of your dogs! So cute! I wish I had one of my own!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 am

I have the Dahlia Bakery Cookbook – just got it about 3 weeks ago and it’s became a fast favorite!

Sounds like your weather is amazing – good, enjoy! And the doggie pic is too cute :)

• Diane Barney on April 19th, 2013 at 4:18 am

You certainly had a Great weekend! Great Maters! Your dogs look very content. I hope you like golf. I am always learning. I am
      trying to conquer the keep my knees bent and my head down.
      Love you site, so glad I found it

3. Ellen on April 19, 2013 at 3:34 am

I’m so impressed with all your sporting activity. My sports drug of choice is baseball….

4. Jeri Barry on April 19, 2013 at 7:41 am

So glad you referenced the Dahlia Bakery! I am visiting Seattle in two weeks for the first time and will definitely make sure to stop there. Finding fabulous bakeries when I travel has always been a hobby of mine. After leaving Seattle I am moving on to Napa and plan to visit Bouchon Bakery when there. LOVE these Friday posts!

• Noreen on April 19th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Hi Jeri, I can’t help but suggest you try Model Bakery in St. Helena while you are in Napa area. Their English muffins are to die for! I have them shipped to my house for special occasions. When Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) filmed a few shows recently in Napa while she and Jeffrey were vacationing, Jeffrey visited the Model Bakery and surprised Ina with them. It was so fun to see him and the Bakery on TV where my friends and I go frequently. Have a wonderful trip. Lucky You!

5. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat on April 19, 2013 at 8:27 am

The Dahlia cookbook looks awesome! I need to get that! Love the pic of your dogs…so adorable!

6. Cassie on April 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

I have both of the cookbooks you just got and love them! I live near Boston and have been to Flour. I actually did a blog post about my visit. It’s such a cool place. Did you see they our coming out with a second one…Flour Too. I can’t wait! And I love your Friday Things!

7. Maria on April 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

Love that last photo! Sports weeks are always good weeks:)

8. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on April 19, 2013 at 10:15 am

Going to a championship game sounds so exciting! I love sports weekends like that. Those two cookbooks sound like they’re worth looking into. I can never have enough!

9. Char James-Tanny on April 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

I bought Joann Chang’s “Flour” a year ago…I’m slowly working my way through the recipes. (Check out her croissants recipe…it’s amazing.) And Flour, Too should be out soon…this one includes savory recipes from her restaurants.

I’ll have to look for Dahlia’s. Thanks!

10. Gwen on April 19, 2013 at 10:55 am

Always a fan of a new cookbook. Will have to check out Flour. Love your last photo! Have never been to Anthro but would love to visit with a gift card from what I’ve heard from friends : ) Have a great weekend!

11. Bridget on April 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

As usual, I love the photos.

12. Brandy Yekel on April 19, 2013 at 11:15 am

That photo of your pups is the cutest!!!!
    Love your blog!

13. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on April 19, 2013 at 11:36 am

Loving the pup photo too.. made me smile this rough morning!

14. Cathy J. on April 19, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I receive the Flour cookbook last year as a gift. I’ve tried the chocolate chip cookie and sticky bun recipes. Her recipes tend to be labor intensive, but good. I highly recommend it.
    Have an awesome weekend!

15. marty on April 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful dogs!

16. natalie@thesweetslife on April 19, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Love the Dahlia Bakery Cookbook! I’ve only made a few things so far but they’ve been fab!

17. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on April 19, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I must try your baked potato dip, it looks amazing and so easy! Love the polish and the cute pups. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

18. Kim on April 19, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Oh how adorable is that picture :) Reminds me of my two when they were younger (Roxanne and Samantha).

19. Paula on April 19, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Boy that ice cream sounded so good, I might just go for one!