The Weekend Dish: 5/18/2013

Happy Saturday to you! Are you geared up for your weekend? Doing anything fun? I’m spending the bulk of the weekend getting things organized, purged and in order for our move this week!! So excited, but so much to do! I am looking forward to getting in, unpacking, and getting settled. Next week’s Weekend Dish will be coming to you from our new home! I hope you all have an awesome weekend and get to do something fun!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Katharine Hepburn Brownies – Katharine Hepburn’s famed brownie recipe, complete with walnuts.

Katharine Hepburn Brownies

Buttermilk Fried Chicken – The most flavorful, juicy and crunchy fried chicken you’ll ever make at home. Perfection!

Buttermilk Fried Chicken

DIY: Iced Coffee – An easy method for making iced coffee at home; no more coffee shop runs!

DIY: Iced Coffee

Homemade Marshmallow Creme – I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to lick the beaters.

Homemade Marshmallow Creme

Friday Things – Pretty water droplets, new movies, moving, and puppies in the car!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Katharine Hepburn Brownies

Most Emailed Post This Week: Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Buttermilk Fried Chicken

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Chocolate Cream of Coconut Cake (Inside BruCrew Life)
I love this flavor combination for a traditional poke cake. It looks so fluffy and moist, plus it packs tons of coconut flavor.

French Toast Muffins (Two Peas and Their Pod)
These are perfect for brunch or overnight guests; I might even add a little bacon to them :)

Peach Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake (Week of Menus)
This cake just screams summer; I’m ready!

Potato Skins Mac and Cheese (A Spicy Perspective)
I just died and went to heaven. I cannot make this fast enough.

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie (Joy the Baker)
This is such a beautiful pie, and I love that the crumb topping has coconut in it.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

9 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 5/18/2013”

1. Meg on May 18, 2013 at 1:54 am

Yum yum yum. All of this looks so good! I really want some of that chicken!! The best thing I ate this week was the GF Cornmeal Crusted Pizza I made earlier in the week. It was exactly how a pizza should taste, without the gluten! Have a lovely weekend!

meg-made Cornmeal Crusted Pizza

xx

2. Ellen on May 18, 2013 at 2:37 am

Oooh I could go for an iced coffee if I didn’t need to sleep soon. Best thing I made this week was also the simplest: a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, ginger, wheat germ and almond milk.

3. Tieghan on May 18, 2013 at 7:54 am

I am still dying over the brownies!! Man do they look so good!!

Hope you get organized this weekend and have a good move!!

4. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on May 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

Have fun packing up!! I too need to purge some stuff this weekend! The closest is getting to full!! I need to make room for summer clothes! :) Have a ncie weekend!

5. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on May 18, 2013 at 8:57 am

This weekend is a busy one, lots of gardening. Hope you have a good one! Eyeing up those brownies and chicken.. what a meal that would be! :)

6. Jenny on May 18, 2013 at 9:13 am

I missed the buttermilk chicken somehow. Will definitely have to give it a try. Have fun packing and good luck on your move.

7. Marcie @ flavor the moments on May 18, 2013 at 10:46 am

I wish you all the best getting packed up and moved in. It’s so much work but so nice when its over! I had some spectacular pizza and minestrone last night at Filippi’s Pizza Grotto in Napa. Delicious, and my new fave! Have a great and very productive weekend!

8. Maria on May 19, 2013 at 10:38 am

Thanks for featuring our muffins!

9. Rob Long on May 21, 2013 at 8:47 am

I made a batch of the Katharine Hepburn Brownies this weekend…then topped it with our homemade Mocha Nutella ice cream…it was so good! Thanks for all the inspiration :-)
    Good luck with the move, hope all goes well! Moving into a new place is always so exciting!!
    Rob