The Weekend Dish 6/1/2013

Happy Saturday to you! With all of the moving, packing, unpacking and shopping that we’ve done in the last two weeks, I’ve totally lost track of days. Needless to say, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I have been busy getting ourselves settled into our new home, although the to-do lists seem to multiply like rabbits everyday! I can’t wait to give you a little photo tour once we get things organized and together. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

230 Summer Recipes – A huge roundup full of wonderful recipes perfect for the summer season.

230 Summer Recipes

Peanut Butter-Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies – My favorite peanut butter cookie recipe loaded with crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.

Peanut Butter-Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coconut Shrimp with Mango Dipping Sauce –  It’s a Christmas Eve tradition in our family, but coconut shrimp makes a fantastic summer dinner!

Coconut Shrimp with Mango Dipping Sauce

White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream – Wonderfully creamy white chocolate ice cream is laced with a fresh raspberry swirl.

White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream

Friday Things – Lots of moving updates, plus I’m looking for dog bed recommendations!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Peanut Butter-Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Most Emailed Post This Week: Best Ever Potato Salad

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Bread and Butter Pickles

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Coconut Shrimp with Mango Dipping Sauce

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Biscoff-Pretzel Rice Krispies Treats (Tracey’s Culinary Adventures)
I don’t bake with Biscoff nearly enough; these sound fabulous!

Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans (Averie Cooks)
Baked beans are one of my favorite summer foods; I love a maple bourbon version that can be made in the slow cooker.

Peanut Butter & Pretzel Bars (Top with Cinnamon)
The peanut butter and pretzel combination was popular this week! These look awesome!

Sprinkle Cookies (Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
The sprinkles on top of these cookies are so bright and cheerful; love them!

Tomato and Fresh Corn Quiche (A Hint of Honey)
This would be a great dish to serve at a summer brunch. It looks so light and fresh.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

16 Responses to “The Weekend Dish 6/1/2013”

1. Kate on June 1, 2013 at 12:39 am

Just a quick heads-up – the link to Sprinkle Cookies is leading me to log on to your WordPress account, Michelle. Thanks for the always excellent roundup!

• Michelle on June 1st, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hi Kate, Thanks for the heads-up, I’ve fixed the link!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks on June 1, 2013 at 12:49 am

Thanks for linking up to my Bourbon Baked Beans, Michele! I appreciate it! I wish I could have shared some with you – it makes a lot of beans, but they got better with time!

Your PB cookies still have me drooling and that white chocolate ice cream would be great with some cookies crumbled on top :)

Have a wonderful weekend in your NEW HOUSE!!!! :) Happy unpacking (and cooking!)

3. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on June 1, 2013 at 2:54 am

The Sprinkle Cookies link isn’t working for me, but everything looks and sounds amazing! Good luck with getting settled in to your house!

• Michelle on June 1st, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hi Ashley, So sorry about that, I’ve fixed the link!

4. Ellen on June 1, 2013 at 3:13 am

Best thing this week? Might have been the beet-burrata salad I just had. Then again I tend to think everything with burrata is magic.
    I bookmark a ton of Averie’s recipes too, btw!

5. Penny Wolf on June 1, 2013 at 6:35 am

Best thing I ate this week is local stawberries as in down the road local.
    They put the grocery store to shame!
    Route 40 yard sale (on Saturday )that goes through our town is always a hoot to check out for something to do.

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on June 1, 2013 at 8:30 am

Have a wonderful weekend Michelle!

7. Molly @Bakelette on June 1, 2013 at 11:09 am

Congratulations on the new move! Can’t wait to see pictures!!

8. Marcie @ flavor the moments on June 1, 2013 at 11:17 am

Great recipes this week, Michelle! Those cookies are especially getting to me! Good luck as you continue to get settled into your new home. One of the best things I ate this week was raspberry cornbread loaf with cornmeal oat crumble. Have a great weekend!

9. Christy@SweetandSavoring on June 1, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I was excited to find Averie’s baked beans recipe, especially since it’s vegetarian (rare!). It’s so interesting to see that list of your most pinned/emailed/etc recipes this week and how they’re all different! Going to check out that tomato and fresh corn quiche- have a good weekend :)

10. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on June 1, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Awesome round-up! I can’t wait to try those sprinkle cookies!

11. Tracey on June 1, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Can’t wait to see pics of your new place – so, so exciting! Thanks for sharing my Rice Krispies Treats this week, much appreciated.

Under an hour til game time – enjoy :)

12. nessa on June 1, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Love the strawberry pic!

13. Jamie on June 2, 2013 at 12:57 pm

congratulations on the move! can’t wait to try the coconut shrimp!

14. Emma on June 2, 2013 at 9:14 pm

So happy for you that you guys are moving into your new pad.

I don’t know if you’ll see this, since you get lots of comments, but here is a recommendation for a dog bed: