The Weekend Dish: 6/29/2013

Happy weekend! I hope you’re getting to enjoy some free time these couple of days! Today’s agenda consists of my mom coming over and helping me put in some shelf liner in the kitchen. It’s overdue since we’ve already been moved in more than a month, but better late than never! I’m also going to work on my menu for the Thursday’s 4th of July cookout. Do you have a menu planning yet? Feel free to share it in the comments below! Have a fabulous weekend!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert – A fabulous, easy, no-bake dessert with layers of Oreo crust, cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.

No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert

Chocolate Italian Cream Soda – A delicious drink that tastes like bubbly chocolate milk! Try it with any type of syrup you like for endless flavors!

Chocolate Italian Cream Soda

7 of My New Favorite Cookbooks – A recap of my most recent favorite cookbooks… what have been some of yours?

7 of My New Favorite Cookbooks

Strawberry Pimm’s Cup Cocktail – A strawberry version of the popular Pimm’s Cup; a perfect summer drink!

Strawberry Pimm’s Cup Cocktail

Friday Things – Bum fingers, e-readers, hair dryers, new Pinterest boards and more!

The Finger Incident

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert

Most Emailed Post This Week: Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Deep Dish S’mores Cookies (Cookies & Cups)
Perfect cookies for munching on while sitting around a bonfire.

Fudge Brownie and Coconut Ice Cream Cupcakes (How Sweet It Is)
I am falling more in love with the chocolate and coconut combination; these cupcakes are a summer must!

Lemon Creme Crumb Bars (Cooking Classy)
Lemon will never be my first dessert choice, but these creamy crumb bars look sensational!

Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Cake (Recipe Girl)
Totally festive! Layers of red and blue-dyed cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle.

Roasted Poblano Bacon Mac and Cheese Hot Dog (Country Cleaver)
I typically only like hot dogs if they’re charred on the grill, but this combination sounds utterly fabulous.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

11 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 6/29/2013”

1. Madelein - Mother of six on June 29, 2013 at 3:00 am

The best thing I ate this week was an enormous chocolate cupcake at work :P

2. Velda on June 29, 2013 at 3:25 am

The best thing I ate this week was homemade Carne Asada Fries! Bliss on a plate :-D

3. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on June 29, 2013 at 7:45 am

I have no menu planned for the 4th. I kind of just wing it!!! Not sure what were going to o because my Husband works the day after the 4th, so it will be an early night! Have a great weekend!!!

4. Jamie @lifelovelemons on June 29, 2013 at 8:13 am

Making a red, white and blue cake for the 4th! Can’t wait to see what yummy things come out of our kitchen this week!

5. Tieghan on June 29, 2013 at 8:33 am

Doing a huge cookout for the 4th!! Hoping for ice and sunny weather! Have a great weekend!

6. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet on June 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

Happy Weekend! Best thing I ate this week was Nutella Swirl Cheesecake that I made. Yum! I am still drooling over your No Bake Oreo Dessert? I need to get that on my 4th menu!

7. Susan on June 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

Hi Brown Eyed Baker:
    I always wondered why folks used shelf liner? I could never get it cut nicely and it always moved around on me. I didn’t want to use contact paper because that would destroy the wood (or particle board). What kind do you use and how do you get it to stay?
    I’m trying this weekend to make my first multi layer cake (chocolate and vanilla layers) including doing a rose swirl piping decoration. Not sure if I’m going to use a regular American buttercream icing or a Swiss meringue buttercream. But hopefully this will be the best thing my family eats this weekend

• Michelle on July 1st, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Hi Susan, I personally want to put down shelf liner because I have solid wood shelves that are in very good condition. I don’t want to mark or discolor them by sliding pots, pans and baking dishes all around on them.

8. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on June 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I love your cookbook recommendations. Clearly I need more, because several of those sound terrific. I’m still swooning over that no-bake Oreo dessert. I need to make that happen!

9. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com on June 29, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Happy weekend!! The best thing I ate (or slurp!) was grilled avocado and cucumber cold soup! So yum :)

10. Nessa on June 30, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Best thing I ate this week-probably some delicious raspberry bars!