The Weekend Dish: 7/13/2013

Happy weekend!

These summer weeks are just flying by, aren’t they?! Here we are in the middle of July and I still haven’t had any local soft serve or gone miniature golfing. I need to remedy that soon! I have a rather laid-back weekend planned; I think a peach pie will be in the works today since I have quite few peaches that are hitting the overripe threshold. Good thing there’s vanilla ice cream in the freezer! What do you have going on this weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

My Favorite Blueberry Recipes – A roundup of all the blueberry recipes here on BEB. It’s National Blueberry Month, so bake up!

My Favorite Blueberry Recipes

Pesto Chicken Salad – A great way to use up any mid-summer bounties of basil; this chicken salad is incredibly fresh-tasting and a perfect lunch.

Pesto Chicken Salad

Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – A fabulous (and easy!) banana cake topped with cream cheese frosting.

Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Fresh Peach Ice Cream – Nothing says summer quite like a bowl of fruit ice cream!

Fresh Peach Ice Cream

Friday Things – A new White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake recipe, Fiestaware, Einstein’s new bed and more!

white-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake-5-250

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Most Emailed Post This Week: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Fresh Apricot Bars (White On Rice Couple)
I see tons of peach recipes every summer, but I rarely see mouth-watering apricot recipes; this one certainly looks like a keeper.

Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake Bars (Cookies and Cups)
So many good things in one little bar!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Pie (Let’s Dish)
Oh my, a thousand times, YES!

Pomegranate Scones (Making Today Beautiful)
While I love pomegranate-flavored things, I haven’t done much with actual pomegranates; I think these scones are a great place to start.

Pork Carnitas (Cooking Classy)
These have me craving Chipotle! I love their pork carnitas burrito; I can’t wait to make it at home now.

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 7/13/2013”

1. madelein - sexbarnsmamma on July 13, 2013 at 2:02 am

Everything looks amazing! :-) I will try the pesto this weekend

2. Ellen on July 13, 2013 at 5:05 am

Oh, how ALL the blueberry recipes call my name. Best thing I ate this week was probably fresh watermelon. Or mint-chocolate ice cream. This time of year I crave both those things so much.

3. Corinne on July 13, 2013 at 7:58 am

That peanut butter pie comes from Southern Living magazine. I made it last year- it was absolutely TO DIE FOR! Super rich, so I only made it that ones, but I have made the peanut butter filling to eat as a “mousse” like dessert- it’s that good. You should definitely get on making it!

4. SusieQ on July 13, 2013 at 8:50 am

This avocado salsa. http://onesweetappetite.com/avocado-salsa/
    I did have to change the recipe ever so slightly; I decreased the oil and vinegar to 1 T each, used roasted red peppers (because that’s what I had on hand), and used the juice of one lime. On my goodness, it was so good. I wrapped a good dollop in a warmed corn tortilla shell with some shredded chicken and my oh my, tasty!

5. Holiday Baker Man on July 13, 2013 at 9:01 am

I do love that banana snack cake!

6. Tieghan on July 13, 2013 at 9:16 am

So manny links I need to catch up on this week!! The pork carnitas sound amazing!

7. David at From Ballparks to BBQ on July 13, 2013 at 9:39 am

I completely agree with the pork carnitas from Chipotle. It’s delicious.

As for the best thing I ate this week – I had dinner with my dad and he made BBQ chicken on the grill with a spicy chipotle bbq sauce that was fantastic.

8. Cat Davis | Food Family & Finds on July 13, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I’m still drooling over that cheesecake. My favorite dish this week was Spicy Mustard Chicken Kebabs.

9. Marcie @ flavor the moments on July 13, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Great recipes this week…can’t wait to see the peach pie! I’ve been hankering to use apricots in my baking, so I need to check out those bars. The pork sounds fantastic, too!

10. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on July 13, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I’ve been eating a yummy kale salad alot for dinner. Sweet wise, it’s definitely fudgy avocado peanut butter chocolate brownies, just made them this week and hands down my favorite brownie recipe!

11. Nessa on July 14, 2013 at 6:11 pm

All of these recipes look super yummy!

12. Laura Dembowski on July 16, 2013 at 8:45 am

Those apricot bars look great! Thanks for sharing! Hope your weekend and peach pie were fab!

13. Jamie @lifelovelemons on July 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

These weeks ARE flying! I just can’t believe it! Love the weekend round up, as always :)