The Weekend Dish 7/28/2013

Happy Sunday!

I hope that you’re enjoying a fabulous weekend! My Chief Culinary Consultant and I had a wonderful few days in Washington D.C. at the end of the week and got home yesterday. We had fun catching up with friends and eating at some of our favorite spots. Now we have two weeks before we head to the beach for our wedding! What are you up to this weekend?!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

Mississippi Mud Brownies – If you love “stuff” on or in your brownies, you’ll love these chewy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows, a chocolate fudge icing and pecans.

Mississippi Mud Brownies

Blueberry Crumb Bars – A fabulous blueberry filling is sandwiched between a crumb crust and a crumb topping.

Blueberry Crumb Bars

Fried Green Tomatoes – An easy recipe and a delicious way to use up extra tomatoes in your garden.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Peanut Butter Lover’s Ice Cream – The name says it all. If you love peanut butter, you’ll devour this ice cream!

Peanut Butter Lover’s Ice Cream

Friday Things – Flowers, new hair dryers, books, Kindles and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Blueberry Crumb Bars

Most Emailed Post This Week: Blueberry Crumb Bars

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Blueberry Crumb Bars

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Blueberry Crumb Bars

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars (Ezra Pound Cake)
I haven’t done much with blackberries this summer (neither eating nor baking!), but these bars have inspired me to pick up a couple of pints!

Blueberry Hand Pies (Cooking Classy)
I love, love, love hand pies. This blueberry version looks incredible.

Flourless Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies (Chocolate & Carrots)
There’s been a lot of baking with fruit this summer, but these super chocolatey cookies tug at my heart strings.

Oreo Pudding Pops (Tatertots and Jello)
Yes, a thousand times, yes.

Ultimate Summer Blueberry Lattice Pie (Tracey’s Culinary Adventures)
One of the most beautiful blueberry pies I’ve ever seen!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

16 Responses to “The Weekend Dish 7/28/2013”

1. Shay on July 28, 2013 at 6:43 am

I make the crumble bars all the time – nice to see that it’s getting the attention it deserves! Your sweet and sour chicken (with added veggies) was a big hit this week! Same goes for the cheesy pull-apart bread, red velvet poke cake and no bake Oreo layer dessert. Next up, Mississippi mud brownies and peanut butter lover’s ice cream!

2. Becca @ Crumbs on July 28, 2013 at 7:29 am

How exciting that you only have 2 weeks to go til your wedding! Hope the preparation goes well. This weekend my boyfriend and I are planning how we’re going to fit all of my things into his flat when I move in, not sure they’ll fit!!

3. Jamie @lifelovelemons on July 28, 2013 at 7:59 am

my favorite post week after week! thanks for sharing, as always!

4. David at From Ballparks to BBQ on July 28, 2013 at 8:18 am

I had some fish tacos on Friday night at a restaurant (El Rodeo in Roanoke, VA) that were excellent.

5. Tieghan on July 28, 2013 at 9:28 am

Loving all the blueberry recipes!! I cannot get enough of them this summer!

6. Lee w on July 28, 2013 at 9:48 am

Would love to hear your go to places in DC!

• Michelle on July 28th, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Hi Lee, I’ll work on a post! Thanks for the suggestion!

7. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on July 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Still swooning over those blueberry bars – yuuuuuum!

8. barbara on July 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm

WE ALL LOVED THE BROWNIES. SHARED WITH EX-HUSBAND AND MY SISTER. WILL BE MAKING THEM AGAIN

9. Emily @ Life on Food on July 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I cannot decide if I want to start with the brownies or the ice cream.

10. Beth on July 28, 2013 at 6:13 pm

My manager at work says I’m responsible for her new addiction–Brown-Eyed Baker!

11. Insanechica on July 28, 2013 at 10:42 pm

You were in DC and I missed you?!? I absolutely [heart] you. Your blog has inspired me to develop my “gift” of baking.

12. Jodi Pavlik on July 29, 2013 at 7:30 am

2 weeks to go….yay!!

13. Tracey on July 29, 2013 at 7:37 am

Thanks so much for sharing my pie, Michelle! I wish I still had some left :) Only two weeks to go until the wedding? Wow, seriously so exciting!!

14. Shelby on July 30, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Thanks for reminding me that there are reasons I don’t/won’t make Mississippi Mud Brownies on a regular basis: they are my absolute favorite dessert! One of the rare things that I could eat the whole thing! My 12 year old granddaughter made them-they were wonderful. The old classics are still just that- classics. I’m sure your wedding will be beautiful. My wish for you and your husband will be for a loving and beautiful MARRIAGE. You are one of my favorites. Thanks.