The Weekend Dish: 11/30/2013

Happy Saturday to you! I hope that all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday this week and that you were able to spend some time with family and friends. We had a wonderful day with our families and filled our bellies to the brim! We were exhausted yesterday, so instead of doing our usual Black Friday outlet shopping, we stayed close to home and went out and bought our first Christmas tree. Next project – decorate it! With Thanksgiving being so late, I feel like there isn’t nearly enough time before Christmas this year.

Be sure to keep an eye on the site, because on Monday I’ll be kicking off the first day of the annual 12 Days of Giveaways! I have some great things lined up for this year, so don’t miss them!

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

My Thanksgiving Menu – A run-down on everything I was planning to make for Thanksgiving.

My Thanksgiving Menu

Broccoli Casserole (From Scratch!) – A re-make of one of my great aunt’s signature dishes, only this version uses fresh broccoli and a homemade cream sauce.

Broccoli Casserole (From Scratch!)

Taffy Apple Salad – A sweet and salty ambrosia salad, perfect for the holidays.

Taffy Apple Salad

How to Make Homemade Turkey Stock – Don’t throw away those turkey bones and scraps! Make some homemade turkey stock and stash it in the freezer to use in place of chicken stock in recipes.

How to Make Homemade Turkey Stock

Happy Thanksgiving! – I hope you all had a fabulous holiday with family and friends!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Most Viewed Post This Week: Fresh Green Bean Casserole

Most Pinned Post This Week: Broccoli Casserole (From Scratch!)

Most Emailed Post This Week: Fresh Green Bean Casserole

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Cinnamon-Sugar Candied Pecans

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Black Forest Cheesecake Cupcakes (Cooking Classy)
These are absolutely beautiful little cupcakes. I would eat no less than five.

Cornbread & Cheddar Casserole (The Cozy Apron)
I love cheesy corn or cornbread anything, so this casserole is very high on my list of things to make.

Gingerbread Cookie Dough Fudge (Lauren’s Latest)
Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I am ready to embrace all things Christmas. This fudge would make a fantastic holiday gift!

Homemade Simmering Spices (How Sweet It Is)
This isn’t edible, per se, but I can’t even imagine how good this makes your house smell. Such an awesome idea!

Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Bacon (Family Fresh Cooking)
This is the ultimate holiday side dish; the more bacon, the better!

What was the best thing you ate this week??

Have a delicious weekend!

9 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 11/30/2013”

1. Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate on November 30, 2013 at 12:26 am

I saw those homemade simmering spices too. My house smells pretty good already though with the real tree we just put up!

2. Becca @ Crumbs on November 30, 2013 at 4:12 am

Glad you had a lovely thanksgiving! Saw your Christmas Tree on Instagram, it looks stunning!!

3. Ellen on November 30, 2013 at 4:13 am

Best thing I ate? Golly. Hard to say since ALL my favorite foods are Thanksgiving ones.Toss-up between my pumpkin pie, my mom’s stuffing, my cranberry sauce, and my aunt’s whipped cream….happy weekend:)

4. Adrianne on November 30, 2013 at 5:43 am

Dessert definitely. I made your baked brownie recipe and was divine. I almost made completely from scratch a coconut custard pie and the pumpkin pie. Definitely the best part of our thanksgiving! Of course the scallop potato recipe would be my husbands favorite ( I change the cheeses since we are in Italy and cheddar just can’t be found where I am) it always turns out great!

Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving as well- thank you!

5. Nancy on November 30, 2013 at 7:19 am

it’s so good to know u had a wonderful thanksgiving.Though i will not b able to make the wonderful dishes i see on my email but i must say that you guys are great (to that i say more grace), do have a glorious weekend

6. Lori S H on November 30, 2013 at 8:23 am

I made your homemade broccoli casserole for my Thanksgiving menu, and it was a huge hit!!! The Cranberry Walnut Rolls have been on my menu for the last 2 years and they are always the favorite! : )

7. Lyn Lyon on November 30, 2013 at 10:25 am

The best thing I ate this week would have to be the candied yams! I love them and only allow myself once a year, as I am diabetic and they are rough on me crb wise! But the whole Thanksgiving meal was scrumptious! I so enjoy your blog, I love seeing your dogs, as I too, am a big dog person!

8. Mary Lynn on November 30, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Your tree is beautiful. We bought our first tree, 25 yrs ago, at Pool City, too. It was a Blue Spruce, before pre-lit trees. We decided last year to buy pre-lit. Best decision we ever made. Did I miss the Wedding photos?

9. Connie Lee on November 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Everyone deserves time off, but we sure did miss our doggie pictures Friday, lol! Maybe two next week??????