The Weekend Dish: 1/4/2014

Happy first weekend of 2014!

I hope that your new year is off to a great start and that if you’re in the middle of this freezing cold spell that a lot of us are in, that you’re keeping warm! My Chief Culinary Consultant and I are venturing out for a bit this afternoon, and then plan to hunker down and watch football for the rest of the weekend. I’m working on getting some last-minute organization done in the office and on my laptop before getting back into my regular work routine on Monday. I hate to see the holidays come to an end! Are you doing anything exciting this weekend?

As always, you’ll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: The 10 Most Popular Recipes – A roundup of the 10 most popular recipes on Brown Eyed Baker during 2013.

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: The 10 Most Popular Recipes

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: 20 of My Favorite Recipes – As a follow up to the previous post, I shared 10 each of my favorite sweet and savory recipes that didn’t make the reader top 10 list.

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: 20 of My Favorite Recipes

Happy New Year! – Cheers to 2014!

Happy New Year!

68 Healthy Recipes for 2014 – A roundup of the healthier recipes that you can find on the site, just in time for new year’s resolutions :)

68 Healthy Recipes for 2014

Friday Things – Holiday recaps, photo challenges, homemade Chex Mix, freezing temperatures, and more…

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: White Russian Winter Milkshake

Most Emailed Post This Week: Slow Cooker Sausage, Hash Brown & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Cinnamon-Sugar Candied Pecans

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Cauliflower Tots (Skinnytaste)
I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of healthier eating, and these bite-size cauliflower tots look like they’d be a great snack or lunch.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Hot Fudge Sauce (Bake at 350)
This is what baking is all about. Simple classics, made to impress a special somebody. Also, I adore cheesecakes of every size, shape and color, so naturally, I must make this.

Creme Brûlée Cupcakes (Cooking Classy)
Beautiful! I love the combination of dessert families!

Spaghetti Squash Sesame Noodles with Edamame (Family Fresh Cooking)
I discovered spaghetti squash last month, but have only done a couple of different things with it; I love this sesame noodle idea. Can’t wait to make it!

Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing (My Kitchen Escapades)
I got on a serious salad kick last month, and this one looks absolutely phenomenal. It’s definitely going on my lunch menu for next week!

Have a delicious weekend!

11 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 1/4/2014”

1. Jenna on January 4, 2014 at 2:41 am

If eating counts as excitement,then YES!

2. Ellen on January 4, 2014 at 4:37 am

I love the year end wrap ups and lists of faves-it’s fun to see how much happened in one year.
    Happy first weekend!

3. Clare on January 4, 2014 at 5:09 am

Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. You are by far my favourite foodie blogger. I just love your Duke, he is too gorgeous.
    I have been looking at your Red Velvet cupcake recipe, will give it a try.
    I know just how awful and disappointing red velvet can be, from the shops etc. Most of those places use that terrible instant mix, which has a disgusting odour to it. I will try yours for all my Valentines gifts/orders this year, and let you know.
    Thanks and have a brilliant 2014. Hot here in SA – we re sizzling, just the opposite of you!

4. Auntiepatch on January 4, 2014 at 7:16 am

It seems that if we get a little rain here in San Diego it goes on to slam the rest of the country with a snow storm! We can sure use the rain but I feel for you guys!
    Happy New Year from Sunny San Diego! Give Duke and Einstein pets and hugs from me.

5. Elizabeth on January 4, 2014 at 10:14 am

Today is my husband & my’s “cheat” day– we haven’t cheated since Christmas Day, so today I’m making your Ultimate Nachos w/ Beer Braised Carnitas, Bourbon Slushes & Chocolate Chip Oreo Fudge Brownies Bars!!!! I made the carnitas ahead yesterday & they’re fantastic- the smell alone almost sent my husband & I over the edge. Oh, & made homemade cinnamon rolls this morning from Two Peas & Their Pod , my very first attempt at cinnamon rolls, & they were AMAZING!! So we’re chowing down today & watching our Colts play. :) Have a wonderful weekend! Absolutely loving your recipes. :)

6. Monica on January 4, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Great post! Still looking forward to you wedding post….Is it ever going to come! I sure hope so!

7. Kira - Healthable Old Soul on January 4, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Happy New Year – The Young Old Soul!

8. Stephanie @ Velez Delights on January 4, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Happy New Year! Loving this post :)

9. Elizabeth on January 5, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I actually love the end of holiday season. I get to refresh the house after I take down all of my decorations. I’m always in a good mood as I enjoy my fresh start to the new year and start planning and organizing what’s to come!! Especially my son’s Cat in the Hat theme 4th birthday party!!

10. bridget {bake at 350} on January 7, 2014 at 11:36 am

Thanks so much, Michelle!!! Happy New Year!