The Weekend Dish: 1/11/2014

Happy Saturday to you! I hope that you’re thawing out if you spent the early part of this week engulfed in bitter cold. I had a hard time getting back into the swing of my routine in this first full week after the holidays. All of the cold weather and only wanting to curl up on the couch under my big fleece blanket didn’t help matters! I did enjoy getting back to a healthier eating routine, however; I tried the spaghetti squash sesame noodles that I linked to last week, and topped them with chopped peanuts and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Delicious!

As always, youíll find a recap of what was posted to the site this week as well as some bookmarked recipes from other blogs. Enjoy!

On Brown Eyed Baker This Week

My 2014 Foodie Resolutions – A list of my five food-related goals for the upcoming year.

My 2014 Foodie Resolutions

My Grandma’s Biscotti Recipe – It took some trial and error, but I finally nailed down my grandma’s biscotti recipe, and I am so excited to share it with you!

My Grandma's Biscotti Recipe

The Basics of Weighing Ingredients – An overview of the advantages to measuring ingredients by weight.

The Basics of Weighing Ingredients

Colossal Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies – Leftover peanut butter cups found their way into these amazing chocolate cookies.

Colossal Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies

Friday Things – The polar vortex, new slippers, Stitchfix, homemade peanut butter, Lucky Charms marshmallows, and more!

Friday Things

Most Viewed Post This Week: Top 10 List: Favorite Cupcake Recipes

Most Pinned Post This Week: My Grandma’s Biscotti Recipe

Most Facebook Shared Post This Week: Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Most Emailed Post This Week: Cinnamon-Sugar Candied Pecans

Most Tweeted Post This Week: Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

What I Bookmarked This Week

Recipes and posts from other blogs that I thought looked especially delicious and that I thought you would like, too:

Cherry Almond Cupcakes (Cooking Classy)
Absolutely stunning cupcakes! If you love the combination of cherry and almond, these will be right up your alley.

Hoisin Caramelized Salmon and Sesame Soba Noodle Bowls (Half Baked Harvest)
I want to eat this for lunch and dinner for the next week. It looks amazing!

Homemade Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread (Pinch of Yum)
And I’d like to eat THIS for breakfast every day for the next week. Such a beautiful presentation!

Jalapeño Honey Hummus with Spiced Olive Oil Tortilla Chips (How Sweet It Is)
I made a traditional hummus recipe, but this jalapeño-honey version sounds absolutely scrumptious.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cheesecake (Cookies and Cups)
OH MY. A no-bake peanut butter cup cheesecake with a brownie crust? This would last but a day in my refrigerator!

Have a delicious weekend!

13 Responses to “The Weekend Dish: 1/11/2014”

1. Christina @ The Beautiful Balance on January 11, 2014 at 12:35 am

Those cherry almond cupcakes look insanely delicious!

2. Emily @ Life on Food on January 11, 2014 at 6:24 am

I am so making the peanut butter chocolate cookies this weekend!

3. Tieghan on January 11, 2014 at 9:24 am

Thanks for sharing my soba noodle bowls!! Hope you guys warm up this weekend!

4. Monica on January 11, 2014 at 11:31 am

Michelle, what tip number do u use for the piping bag to get the big loose swirls on your cupcakes!

• Michelle on January 11th, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Hi Monica, Which cupcakes are you referring to? I sometimes use different decorating tips.

• Monica on January 11th, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Michelle, for example the dark chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Just wondering what tip u use for your piping bag for the frosting.

• Michelle on January 12th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Hi Monica, For those cupcakes, I used the Wilton 1M decorating tip.

5. Vicki @ WITK on January 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I also want to make those pull apart cinnamon rolls! They look so good (and easy!)

You do Stitch fix if I Remember? Be sure to stop by my blog today and enter to win a big Stitch Fix gift card!
    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

6. Jaclyn on January 11, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Thanks so much for linking to my cupcakes Michelle! Hope you have a great weekend!

7. Mademoiselle C. on January 12, 2014 at 6:35 am

Thanks for such a good week of posts :)
    Hope you’ve had a nice weekend.
    Mademoiselle C. xx

8. shelly (cookies and cups) on January 12, 2014 at 1:59 pm

THanks for the link up!! Those noodle bowls look SO good!

9. Genn on January 12, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Oh my goodness! Everything looks fantastic. I’ve been meaning to try biscotti for a while now…..I might just use your recipe!

10. Becca @ Crumbs on January 13, 2014 at 6:31 am

Well done for getting back to the healthy eating, I’m sure the work motivation will soon follow!